Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Sep 21, 2012, 11:39 AM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
Space Bat's Avatar
Thanks Si.

I am pretty sure they will be good if not same bar the failsafe issue...but as with anything do tend to be anal in what I get/buy...I guess will get one and stick in a foamy and fly it first before shoving it in balsa....
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2012, 05:16 PM
Registered User
I've been flying them in my Wot4 Foam E as well as my Durafly T28 Trojan and (other than the failsafe) haven''t had any issues (touch wood) - having said that I'm only risking a £100 rtf plane each time I fly. If I had a £400 monster with many build hours in it would I risk it just for a saving of £15 - probably not but each to their own. They're probably no worse than the orange rx's or the frsky ones...
Nov 12, 2012, 12:22 AM
Suspended Account
New helicopter receiver ALIGN R6GS

Nov 13, 2012, 06:19 PM
Registered User
ToniGe23's Avatar
I have just purchased a T6j with no charger I thought I would use my own after market one to find the charging port is like no other I have seen I managed to find a charge plug that fits the TX which is 1.3 x3.45 from Maplins but now nowhere in the manual can I find what pin is positive and what is negative can somebody enlighten me please
Nov 14, 2012, 01:14 AM
numnutchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniGe23
---
what pin is positive and what is negative can somebody enlighten me please
Center is positive.
Nov 14, 2012, 04:43 AM
Oxford Panic
AndyOne's Avatar
Futaba always use centre positive. AFAIK only JR/Spek use centre negative.

A
Nov 14, 2012, 04:53 AM
Radio? Screwdriver!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniGe23
I have just purchased a T6j with no charger I thought I would use my own after market one to find the charging port is like no other I have seen I managed to find a charge plug that fits the TX which is 1.3 x3.45 from Maplins but now nowhere in the manual can I find what pin is positive and what is negative can somebody enlighten me please
Have you got a multimeter? If so, put it on the continuity setting and see which pin on the plug goes to which battery pin.

Failing that, a quick call to Ripmax will probably give you the answer.

IIRC, it's centre positive, but don't quote me on that!

Si.
Nov 14, 2012, 02:36 PM
Registered User
ToniGe23's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers
Have you got a multimeter? If so, put it on the continuity setting and see which pin on the plug goes to which battery pin.

Failing that, a quick call to Ripmax will probably give you the answer.

IIRC, it's centre positive, but don't quote me on that!

Si.
Thanks guys,
Simon I contacted the component shop for a charge lead and they did not even know that Futaba are using a new charge plug so want me to keep them updated for future reference.
http://www.component-shop.co.uk/
Dec 03, 2012, 01:10 PM
Thermal Junkie
Warren's Avatar
Hey gang,

My 2 cents...

Regarding batteries, I initially thought it pretty cheap of Futaba to not include at least a charger and Nihm setup...

But after just using standard AA's, I've actually begun to like it! I carry a spare set in my flight box, and they seem to last at least 15 hours!

I actually like not having to worry about the charge state of my transmitter... When it finally warns of low battery, I take 2 minutes to swap a fresh set and I'm good for another month... That's about 80 cents a month to me and totally worth the convenience...

This is a really great radio - And right now it can be had at Tower for $249 with a free additional 6 channel parkflyer receiver!

-- Warren
AMA 19909
LSF 8170 LVL III
Dec 03, 2012, 01:55 PM
Registered User
invert's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Hey gang,

My 2 cents...

Regarding batteries, I initially thought it pretty cheap of Futaba to not include at least a charger and Nihm setup...

But after just using standard AA's, I've actually begun to like it! I carry a spare set in my flight box, and they seem to last at least 15 hours!

I actually like not having to worry about the charge state of my transmitter... When it finally warns of low battery, I take 2 minutes to swap a fresh set and I'm good for another month... That's about 80 cents a month to me and totally worth the convenience...

This is a really great radio - And right now it can be had at Tower for $249 with a free additional 6 channel parkflyer receiver!

-- Warren
AMA 19909
LSF 8170 LVL III
+1 ..
I have 2 sets of rechargeables and keep a extra set on hand.This radio has been 100% flawless and I love it..
Dec 24, 2012, 11:21 PM
Aviation Maintenance Manager
carrera mike's Avatar
Can anyone tell me pls how to program the flaps on the 3-way-switch "G" so its full up, 50% down, and full down?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by carrera mike; Dec 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM.
Dec 25, 2012, 07:54 AM
numnutchris
MENU - AUX-CHAN and check your flaps channel is assigned to 3-way switch.
REVERSE the CH if flaps move the wrong way.
With the switch at full up, setup your servo so the flaps are level or whatever you mean with "full up"
Flip the switch and check the deflection rates, you might have to move linkages in the horns/holes.

If you want more precise control, use eg. P-MIXes to achieve movements, but you have to provide your setup then. (With no info I assumed easiest setup with flaps controlled by two servos on an y-harness connected to a single channel)
Dec 25, 2012, 08:36 AM
Aviation Maintenance Manager
carrera mike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by numnutchris
MENU - AUX-CHAN and check your flaps channel is assigned to 3-way switch.
REVERSE the CH if flaps move the wrong way.
With the switch at full up, setup your servo so the flaps are level or whatever you mean with "full up"
Flip the switch and check the deflection rates, you might have to move linkages in the horns/holes.

If you want more precise control, use eg. P-MIXes to achieve movements, but you have to provide your setup then. (With no info I assumed easiest setup with flaps controlled by two servos on an y-harness connected to a single channel)
Thanks Chris! Appreciate the info. I just didnt know where to start looking through the manual. Now that you said that its through AUX-CHAN, I know now where to go!
Appreciate it!
Dec 25, 2012, 03:13 PM
numnutchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrera mike
Thanks Chris! Appreciate the info. I just didnt know where to start looking through the manual. Now that you said that its through AUX-CHAN, I know now where to go!
Appreciate it!
Futaba radios are excellent but their manuals just suck - my poor opinion - you could also use the futaba hobbico faq at
http://www.futaba-rc.com/techsupport/index.html
At least eg. the 10C/10CG is somewhat similar to the 8J in programming if you dont find specific 8J pages.
Dec 25, 2012, 07:54 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by numnutchris
At least eg. the 10C/10CG is somewhat similar to the 8J in programming if you dont find specific 8J pages.
http://lilsfutaba.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/T8FZG.pdf


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Airtronics FHSS-1 FHSS-2 FHSS-3 aeajr Radios 3 Mar 02, 2012 04:21 PM
Discussion Why are there no FHSS or Spektrum style vtx's? randall1959 FPV Talk 14 Sep 04, 2011 04:34 PM
For Sale Like new Futaba 6J 6-Channel 2.4GHz S-FHSS Tx/Rx(SOLD) thundercl58 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 May 21, 2011 05:04 PM
Discussion 2.4GHz FHSS Futaba 4YF JJ ORO—O Radios 7 Jan 28, 2010 04:08 PM
Discussion Futaba SS, is it FHSS or DSSS d_wheel Radios 36 Jan 12, 2008 09:11 AM