Thread Tools
Dec 12, 2011, 10:39 AM
Formerly "Heli Copter"
Jetsom's Avatar

Some new numbers!


Hey Guys,

In a 5S stock ParkZone Habu I fried the stock motor on takeoff with the CS 10/70. When it gave up I was running 134 Amps, 2300 watts and 44,400 rpm's.
The sound was great for 30 seconds, sorry I don't have any video. Figuring the kv was too high, I went to a 2700kv Ammo inrunner. Here is the video of that attempt with the numbers in the video description. It sounded great but slow!

Change Sun 70mm with 2700kv Ammo inrunner. (2 min 38 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2011, 10:57 AM
Registered User
erh7771's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Copter
Hey Guys,

In a 5S stock ParkZone Habu I fried the stock motor on takeoff with the CS 10/70. When it gave up I was running 134 Amps, 2300 watts and 44,400 rpm's.
The sound was great for 30 seconds, sorry I don't have any video. Figuring the kv was too high, I went to a 2700kv Ammo inrunner. Here is the video of that attempt with the numbers in the video description. It sounded great but slow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_97ZfNo-rQ0
Was this 4s or 5s?

Also, what was the thrust figures with the ammo motor?
Dec 12, 2011, 11:04 AM
3DHOG
jcdfrd's Avatar
Nick
do you remember the rpm and amp draw with the 2700kv ammo motor
Dec 12, 2011, 11:09 AM
3DHOG
jcdfrd's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771
Was this 4s or 5s?

Also, what was the thrust figures with the ammo motor?
erh
it was 5s and did you see the take off? their was no thrust it was pitiful the thing barely took off. I will let nick come in with the rpm,amp,watts but if my memory serves me I think it was 39k,1800watts,85amps
Dec 12, 2011, 11:13 AM
3DHOG
jcdfrd's Avatar
ok my bad, it helps to be able to read LOL
Quote:
numbers in the video description. It sounded great but slow!
5S nanotech 4500mah, 35-70C. 85 Amps, 1450 watts, 39,000rpms.

so I got two out of three
Dec 12, 2011, 11:16 AM
Registered User
erh7771's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd
erh
it was 5s and did you see the take off? their was no thrust it was pitiful the thing barely took off. I will let nick come in with the rpm,amp,watts but if my memory serves me I think it was 39k,1800watts,85amps
I want thrust numbers, I haven't dealt with AMMO motors but the can size is 45mm IIRC on the 2700kv. An ARC is 58mm long for the 3200kv, can size makes a difference in whether or not the motor is producing heat or RPMs at certain wattages.

I get 52oz of thrust at 67 amps on 4s with this fan using a 2839 3000kv HK motor.
Dec 12, 2011, 11:40 AM
RC addict
Hey guys, Anyone tried a Het 2W-20 setup with this fan? I tried one in a Dynam Meteor, Stock fan with CS blades. Motor got hot, melted the motor mount a bit which caused the blades to rub a hole in the side of the fan. This added resistance probably killed the motor.
Using the Stock motor from the Dynam Meteor with the CS fan and it works really well now.
However, i would like to try this on the HET 2w-20 motor in a HET fan housing but with the Change Sun blades. Anyone can give me a heads up on what to expect?
Thanks guys.
Dec 12, 2011, 11:44 AM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Steph280's Avatar
2w-20 is probably good for 3S with this fan. 4s will be too hot.
Dec 12, 2011, 11:45 AM
3DHOG
jcdfrd's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771
I want thrust numbers, I haven't dealt with AMMO motors but the can size is 45mm IIRC on the 2700kv. An ARC is 58mm long for the 3200kv, can size makes a difference in whether or not the motor is producing heat or RPMs at certain wattages.

I get 52oz of thrust at 67 amps on 4s with this fan using a 2839 3000kv HK motor.
sorry no thrust numbers, just what you see on the video take off. about 50% less than stock setup on same power 5s
Dec 12, 2011, 11:49 AM
Registered User
alexandermh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfodor
The ARC is 3180 KV, I think a 2900 - 3000 kv motor on 4S (with a battery that can supply all the power the motor wants) would be about right you should get about 35000 RPM at around 80 -90 amps. Around 1300 watts. Don't even think about 5S with the 2900 kv motor in this fan. In a SAPAC, WEMO, HET fan 5S would be fine but not the CS10.
Thanks for the input. I'll put this setup together and give it a try.
Dec 12, 2011, 11:50 AM
JUNK RADIO
Flazo's Avatar
The JS-1400 can run a 5cells lipo on a HET 6904...


Anybody running the JS-1400 on this fan?

red
Dec 12, 2011, 11:59 AM
Registered User
alexandermh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazo
The JS-1400 can run a 5cells lipo on a HET 6904...


Anybody running the JS-1400 on this fan?

red
But that's a 4000KV motor, right? Way too hot for this fan.
Dec 12, 2011, 12:35 PM
Registered User
capt soap's Avatar
Im starting to wonder is this fan worth it???? Sounds great, but smoke, and poor performance???
Dec 12, 2011, 12:51 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
bamaguy's Avatar
[QUOTE=Heli Copter;20118851]Hey Guys,

In a 5S stock ParkZone Habu I fried the stock motor on takeoff with the CS 10/70. When it gave up I was running 134 Amps, 2300 watts and 44,400 rpm's.
The sound was great for 30 seconds, sorry I don't have any video. Figuring the kv was too high, I went to a 2700kv Ammo inrunner. Here is the video of that attempt with the numbers in the video description. It sounded great but slow!

At those high readings, it's no wonder the motor burnt up!!! That motor (unless it is the BL-32) is rated at 55amps/850watts.
Dec 12, 2011, 12:53 PM
Registered User
alexandermh's Avatar
[Im starting to wonder is this fan worth it???? Sounds great, but smoke, and poor performance???]

That's probably too much of a generalization. I think guys are just trying to find the "sweet" spot for a 4S, 5S, etc. set-up. We've never had to deal with a 10 blade 70mm before. Extreme RC is getting some good results with their modified version.
Last edited by alexandermh; Dec 12, 2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Added quote.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Change Sun 12 blade 90mm Flip Flop Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 7331 Jun 10, 2017 10:53 AM
New Product Change Sun 120mm and new 10 blade 70mm fans Flip Flop Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 131 Apr 27, 2012 07:07 PM
Sold Change Sun electric retracts Flip Flop Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 May 23, 2011 06:20 AM
Sold Change Sun Electronic retracts w/Lander struts hole digger Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 May 06, 2011 01:27 PM
Sold Change Sun Electric retracts NIB 75.00 jzuniga Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Sep 03, 2010 09:36 AM