Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 24, 2013, 04:13 PM
chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
nothing like having True Precision parts
http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...roducts_id=708
agreed, but getting any tech info from tamjets has been a no go so far. i have tried both phone and email w/ no response?

chuck.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2013, 04:54 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Extreme_RC's Avatar
Nothing like having Extreme Precision Parts All in stock, and for adapters, can ship 2 out in a flat airmail packet for $4.35. Can ship up to 150g for about 8 bucks.
Jan 24, 2013, 05:15 PM
efflux RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas650r View Post
agreed, but getting any tech info from tamjets has been a no go so far. i have tried both phone and email w/ no response?

chuck.
I have some CS EDFs coming. Gonna see how true the new versions run and what they might need.
We also have some ARC 28/48/1.5 (2800kv) motors on the way. I'll do some testing on my own, but 2800kv seems to be the sweet spot for 4s in these fans.
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
Jan 24, 2013, 06:02 PM
Registered User
DamonH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
I have some CS EDFs coming. Gonna see how true the new versions run and what they might need.
We also have some ARC 28/48/1.5 (2800kv) motors on the way. I'll do some testing on my own, but 2800kv seems to be the sweet spot for 4s in these fans.
I'd be interested in the results of this setup. Are you referring to the new v2 CS12(70mm)? I still haven't picked a final motor/fan combo that I'm going to put in my Sapac Viper Jet. Also looking at the possibility of putting one of the Sapac mb-1's in the CS12 (70mm).
Jan 24, 2013, 06:03 PM
EDF rules... :)
AirX's Avatar
Just got two of the new version CS70-10 fans Ina few days ago.
I finished putting one together and several things stand out.
1. The rotor adapter is a collet design.
2. The collet length causes the rotor to stand a little proud , the adapter is a little too long.
3. The spinner no longer needs any back washer to work correctly, it's been fixed.
4. The price went up $1.00.

I used a new L2855-2300 on 3s for the first test run, the fan spins pretty tru with the collet adapter and very little vibration was evident. In fact I have several Tam jet adapter and this one feels and sounds just as good as those other fans with Tams adapters. I have not tried to dynamically balance it yet, maybe I can get it a bit smoother.

Cheers,
Eric B
Jan 24, 2013, 06:06 PM
Registered User
The collet adaptor hits the motor casing, or fan housing, if pressed right on?
Otherwise cut down the motor shaft.
Jan 24, 2013, 06:09 PM
EDF rules... :)
AirX's Avatar
Fan housing.

Eric B.
Jan 24, 2013, 06:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirX View Post
Just got two of the new version CS70-10 fans Ina few days ago.
I finished putting one together and several things stand out.
1. The rotor adapter is a collet design.
2. The collet length causes the rotor to stand a little proud , the adapter is a little too long.
3. The spinner no longer needs any back washer to work correctly, it's been fixed.
4. The price went up $1.00.

I used a new L2855-2300 on 3s for the first test run, the fan spins pretty tru with the collet adapter and very little vibration was evident. In fact I have several Tam jet adapter and this one feels and sounds just as good as those other fans with Tams adapters. I have not tried to dynamically balance it yet, maybe I can get it a bit smoother.

Cheers,
Eric B
where did you get the new version?
thx.
Jan 24, 2013, 06:19 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
Nothing like having Extreme Precision Parts All in stock, and for adapters, can ship 2 out in a flat airmail packet for $4.35. Can ship up to 150g for about 8 bucks.
how long is transit time from order date to ship time to arrival? Fastest postage to Central California.
Jan 24, 2013, 06:20 PM
Registered User
www.X-flight.com.hk
Jan 24, 2013, 06:29 PM
Registered User
genghiskt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
how long is transit time from order date to ship time to arrival? Fastest postage to Central California.
V8,

You wouldn't need it. The stock adapters can be used, just need sometime to get it right. All my CS fan never uses any aftermarket adapters.

Cheers.
Jan 24, 2013, 06:46 PM
Registered User
I guess it also depends on what you use to test/verify the balancing result.
eg Use a sensor based system and it gets it to a much finer point.
By touch or ear is more subjective "Oh that seems good".

IF you want a really 'clean' running fan, I would suggest (even recommend?), the ExtremeRC alloy housing - then whatever manner you use (new 'precision' adaptor or not), to get the balance optimal. The alloy housing is almost as light as the stock plastic... a bonus is better cooling too... but I think the biggest gain is rigidity.
BUT NOTE.... it will not fit a 29mm motor. (eg CP IR550 and Lander motors, which have a few clones. HK MAD).
Fine for HET, ARC, Leopard.

The other alloys around, Lander, HobbyKing, CyclonePower, are all heavier alloy units - unnecessarily so. But they are also options for alloy. Out of those I would go for the CP one as it is the lightest.
Lander and CP do 29.5mm motors (even 30mm for the Lander I am pretty sure). So for some motors you have to use these brand alloy housings.

...
Last edited by PeterVRC; Jan 24, 2013 at 06:54 PM.
Jan 24, 2013, 06:53 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert
PikeStaff's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
how long is transit time from order date to ship time to arrival? Fastest postage to Central California.
If it's any indication.....I ordered adapters from Mark on a Thursday, and had 'em I my hands here in Pennsylvania (right on the Delaware River) the very next Tuesday.

He suggested we both run out and buy lottery tickets before the mojo slipped thru...
Jan 24, 2013, 07:01 PM
efflux RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
I'd be interested in the results of this setup. Are you referring to the new v2 CS12(70mm)? I still haven't picked a final motor/fan combo that I'm going to put in my Sapac Viper Jet. Also looking at the possibility of putting one of the Sapac mb-1's in the CS12 (70mm).
Damon,
Yes the new V-2, CS12 70mm. I'm still waiting for them to arrive. I'm hoping the new collets are better than the old style. (looks like they do, according to airX's post)
We now have a local (in town) machine shop making parts for us. So I can design whatever they might need to make them run smoothly if need be.

I'll be following the CS products more closely, and doing some testing of my own.
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
Jan 24, 2013, 07:37 PM
Registered User
DamonH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
Damon,
Yes the new V-2, CS12 70mm. I'm still waiting for them to arrive. I'm hoping the new collets are better than the old style. (looks like they do, according to airX's post)
We now have a local (in town) machine shop making parts for us. So I can design whatever they might need to make them run smoothly if need be.

I'll be following the CS products more closely, and doing some testing of my own.
Do you think it will be a combo that you will sell?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Change Sun 12 blade 90mm Flip Flop Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 7316 Mar 01, 2017 01:26 AM
New Product Change Sun 120mm and new 10 blade 70mm fans Flip Flop Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 131 Apr 27, 2012 07:07 PM
Sold Change Sun electric retracts Flip Flop Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 May 23, 2011 06:20 AM
Sold Change Sun Electronic retracts w/Lander struts hole digger Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 May 06, 2011 01:27 PM
Sold Change Sun Electric retracts NIB 75.00 jzuniga Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Sep 03, 2010 09:36 AM