Change Sun 10 blade 70mm - Page 371 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 25, 2012, 11:15 AM
Registered User
Jetnfast's Avatar
Anyone run the CS70mm rotor, eflite 3200kv, and the Delta V-15 shroud on 5s? I know its a proven combo on 4s for around 1000w, but I was curious what type of numbers come out on 5s?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2012, 11:37 AM
Registered User
anlucas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetnfast
Anyone run the CS70mm rotor, eflite 3200kv, and the Delta V-15 shroud on 5s? I know its a proven combo on 4s for around 1000w, but I was curious what type of numbers come out on 5s?
It would draw too much current on 5S. Probably more then 120amps.

I 've had 3300kv motors pull 90-105amps on 4S with this rotor so 5S is prohibitive on anything more than 2800kv and even then, it has to be a well engineered motor for high current. Also, the motor can/bell has to be in the air stream and be able to handle the generated by 80+amps.
Oct 25, 2012, 11:46 AM
chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas
It would draw too much current on 5S. Probably more then 120amps.

I 've had 3300kv motors pull 90-105amps on 4S with this rotor so 5S is prohibitive on anything more than 2800kv and even then, it has to be a well engineered motor for high current. Also, the motor can/bell has to be in the air stream and be able to handle the generated by 80+amps.
agreed, 5's w/ the eflight rotor is shown to be doable , but a bit of a heater at that. more rotor load will release the magic smoke.

chuck.
Oct 25, 2012, 10:34 PM
Registered User
Jetnfast's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas650r
agreed, 5's w/ the eflight rotor is shown to be doable , but a bit of a heater at that. more rotor load will release the magic smoke.

chuck.
Good feedback thanks. I will plan on running 4s for now. I will be running tam's heatsink and tail cone with an ice 100 stuffed in there so I think the motor will be cool regardless if I run on 4s or "experiment" with 5s.
Oct 26, 2012, 01:09 AM
F-OFF
imyohero's Avatar
Hi guys this might sound stupid but what is the dia of the rotor hub ?
Oct 26, 2012, 04:58 AM
Registered User
MagnusEl's Avatar
It`s 30mm.
Oct 27, 2012, 11:36 AM
Registered User

CS70 with soft shroud - different type of plastic


Just found out that one of my CS70 shrouds is substantially softer than the usual
ones. I THINK (not 100% sure) that this is the last one I bought, on Aug 10th.
Don't know if the rotor is also softer, but the shroud definitely is, it bends a lot
in the front part (unsupported by vanes like the rear part), there it is also a bit
thinner. It's a different, more supple plastic, I usually sand away the imperfections,
this plastic is not easy to smoothen, typical for soft plastic.
Anybody else with similar experience?
thx
Clemens
Oct 27, 2012, 12:18 PM
Registered User
4stripes's Avatar
I hope they didn't cheap out on the plastic like what happened on the 90mm 12 blade earlier this year! Caused me many failures and I didn't want to build up any more till the quality was improved. Thankfully the 90mm fans are produced with much stiffer plastic than ever.
Oct 27, 2012, 04:00 PM
Registered User
Jetnfast's Avatar
Uh oh! I just ordered some rotors from HK, hopefully their good!
Oct 27, 2012, 08:27 PM
Registered User
I just put an order in for one of these units to go with my BL32 and 6s http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=2861 .I was wondering if you can just bore the adapter out to 5 mm on a lathe ? One more question - Is RC-Castle an ok retailer? This is my first order from them .
Oct 27, 2012, 09:00 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
bamaguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencon
I just put an order in for one of these units to go with my BL32 and 6s http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=2861 .I was wondering if you can just bore the adapter out to 5 mm on a lathe ? One more question - Is RC-Castle an ok retailer? This is my first order from them .
They are very well regarded! You could order a 5mm adapter for the CS-10 fan from Tam Jets...or Extreme RC as scunna indicated!

http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...roducts_id=689
Last edited by bamaguy; Oct 28, 2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Added link
Oct 27, 2012, 09:24 PM
Registered User
Jetnfast's Avatar
That would probably be your best bet, to order one from Tam. Plus his are precision balanced. You can even get the nice spinner nut to go with it. I just ordered all that I mentioned to go with my eflite Delta V 15.
Oct 28, 2012, 07:00 AM
scunna
scunna's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencon
I just put an order in for one of these units to go with my BL32 and 6s http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=2861 .I was wondering if you can just bore the adapter out to 5 mm on a lathe ? One more question - Is RC-Castle an ok retailer? This is my first order from them .
Order the adapters from Exremerc there perfect for bl-32
Oct 28, 2012, 01:30 PM
Registered User
The RC-Castle fan already has an aluminum spinner , I wonder if the Tam or the Extreme would fit with it ?
Oct 28, 2012, 06:36 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Extreme_RC's Avatar
My adapters are designed to work with stock rotor and spinner, or my spinner, and should work no problem with their spinner if its at least the same height as mine internally, so measure it and let me know.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Change Sun 12 blade 90mm Flip Flop Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 7335 Jun 29, 2017 12:43 AM
New Product Change Sun 120mm and new 10 blade 70mm fans Flip Flop Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 131 Apr 27, 2012 08:07 PM
Sold Change Sun electric retracts Flip Flop Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 May 23, 2011 07:20 AM
Sold Change Sun Electronic retracts w/Lander struts hole digger Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 May 06, 2011 02:27 PM
Sold Change Sun Electric retracts NIB 75.00 jzuniga Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Sep 03, 2010 10:36 AM