Thread Tools
Old Aug 26, 2012, 02:47 AM
anlucas is offline
Find More Posts by anlucas
Registered User
anlucas's Avatar
Great video. Much better sound in this one. Your setup really screams.

Man that was close.
Last edited by anlucas; Aug 26, 2012 at 02:54 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2012, 02:58 AM
jk671 is offline
Find More Posts by jk671
John
jk671's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
Great video. Much better sound in this one. Your setup really screams.

Man that was close.
tell me about it... my leg was shaking... my legs would shake when i first started flying... they haven't shaked in a long time!!!
Old Aug 26, 2012, 03:17 AM
anlucas is offline
Find More Posts by anlucas
Registered User
anlucas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk671 View Post
tell me about it... my leg was shaking... my legs would shake when i first started flying... they haven't shaked in a long time!!!
That's called adrenalin...
Old Aug 26, 2012, 03:26 AM
jk671 is offline
Find More Posts by jk671
John
jk671's Avatar
here's another video for you guys... I will say this though, this plane has great vertical, even right off take off.

Freewing SU-35 Twin 70mm EDF Jet Flight #4 (4 min 12 sec)
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:28 AM
PeterVRC is online now
Find More Posts by PeterVRC
Registered User
Hmmm, that is FAST!!
I am switching up to 65C Nano's!! LOL (there goes a few hundred dollars more....)
Though I don't want it THAT fast.
Videos exaggerate speed, but it seems at least 160kph.... probably not 200, but somewhere between those two.

I liked the fast landing too. Looks more realistic, compared to 'floating' them in slow.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:07 PM
jk671 is offline
Find More Posts by jk671
John
jk671's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
Hmmm, that is FAST!!
I am switching up to 65C Nano's!! LOL (there goes a few hundred dollars more....)
Though I don't want it THAT fast.
Videos exaggerate speed, but it seems at least 160kph.... probably not 200, but somewhere between those two.

I liked the fast landing too. Looks more realistic, compared to 'floating' them in slow.
there was a slight crosswind, so I brought her in a little fast in order to cut through it..
Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:49 PM
bamaguy is offline
Find More Posts by bamaguy
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
bamaguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
I liked the fast landing too. Looks more realistic, compared to 'floating' them in slow.
How many landings of the "full scale" have you witnessed?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:26 PM
PeterVRC is online now
Find More Posts by PeterVRC
Registered User
Plenty on videos of the real ones to gauge from.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:19 PM
Extreme_RC is offline
Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Extreme_RC's Avatar
Jezuz! You need to put a warning on that video, "sit on can before watching" how you got out of that I dont know Its fast though, for a big airframe I am surprised how quickly it accelerates. I bet it sounds different in real life too. Great job, might have to link the video to the 6s fan page on the website if you dont mind.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:42 PM
jk671 is offline
Find More Posts by jk671
John
jk671's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
Jezuz! You need to put a warning on that video, "sit on can before watching" how you got out of that I dont know Its fast though, for a big airframe I am surprised how quickly it accelerates. I bet it sounds different in real life too. Great job, might have to link the video to the 6s fan page on the website if you dont mind.
Please do!!!
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:59 PM
erh7771 is offline
Find More Posts by erh7771
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
Jezuz! You need to put a warning on that video, "sit on can before watching" how you got out of that I dont know Its fast though, for a big airframe I am surprised how quickly it accelerates. I bet it sounds different in real life too. Great job, might have to link the video to the 6s fan page on the website if you dont mind.
It does, I can attest that two very well balanced CS 10s is one of the best sounds in RC jets...with the reliable HET motors it's prolly pushing 9lbs thrust in plane...

Really nice sound from that shroud...any ETA on the new ones?

Regards
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:09 PM
Extreme_RC is offline
Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Extreme_RC's Avatar
Shrouds all in stock, every size, all updates applied, both style 70mm in stock. All listed in the Alloy parts section now.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:13 PM
RGS2010 is offline
Find More Posts by RGS2010
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
RGS2010's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
no doubt about it, it has to have EC5's
Thanks guys!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:39 PM
v8truckin is offline
Find More Posts by v8truckin
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
Mark,

Thinking about doing your 900w setup on my SU35 for the fact that I don't wanna loose too much flight time with the 1400w setup. They are basically same price so $ isn't the issue. Would I be a waste to go for the 900w setup or just do the 1400w and manage my throttle?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:44 PM
sikky is offline
Find More Posts by sikky
speedin n da weeds :)
sikky's Avatar
manage throttle, it may save you plane if you need to power out and dont have it.....


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Change Sun 12 blade 90mm Flip Flop Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 7293 Oct 03, 2016 05:49 PM
New Product Change Sun 120mm and new 10 blade 70mm fans Flip Flop Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 131 Apr 27, 2012 08:07 PM
Sold Change Sun electric retracts Flip Flop Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 May 23, 2011 07:20 AM
Sold Change Sun Electronic retracts w/Lander struts hole digger Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 May 06, 2011 02:27 PM
Sold Change Sun Electric retracts NIB 75.00 jzuniga Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Sep 03, 2010 10:36 AM