Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jun 12, 2012, 02:06 PM
Registered User
unclecrash's Avatar
I would like to see more testing on that rotor. That thing was screaming. I Know when I was sanding out the motor tube on the 90mm I noticed little white flecks in the plastic like it didn't get mixed good. It would be nice to see them change to a better mix so they will stay together.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2012, 02:36 PM
Registered User
Tamjets's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclecrash
I would like to see more testing on that rotor. That thing was screaming. I Know when I was sanding out the motor tube on the 90mm I noticed little white flecks in the plastic like it didn't get mixed good. It would be nice to see them change to a better mix so they will stay together.
It just need another 2-3% more fiber fill can made the big different.
Jun 12, 2012, 05:10 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Extreme_RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771
I've taken the rotor past 3000 watts, 3000kv on 6s multiple times ...must have heat sink ... but really not worth it for a 70mm IMHO.
Over 7lbs of thrust efflux high enough to blow curtains off walls...
I think 6.5lbs of thrust for this rotor is really reasonable and prolly it's peak again motor must have heat and good airflow to last
Would have to agree, all the fanboys aside (pardon the pun ) there are plenty of people testing these fans with many different setups, serial posters or not LOL (and no am not labelling you a serial poster!)
Jun 12, 2012, 05:12 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Extreme_RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
This is fun thread to monitor. You have Tamjets doing product development on the use of this fan. I applaud his effort. Once he gets it dialed in and fully developed let's make sure we buy from him and not complain about the cost or selling price.
No, I am not a shill. I just think it's only reasonable to pay for your R & D costs.
Thats all well and good, but when I did the initial testing and put out a couple of pretty reasonably priced setups with alloy shrouds, custom adapters and spinners, I was attacked for wanting my R&D costs back, one of the principle attackers being someone who now works for TJ.
Jun 12, 2012, 05:41 PM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC
Thats all well and good, but when I did the initial testing and put out a couple of pretty reasonably priced setups with alloy shrouds, custom adapters and spinners, I was attacked for wanting my R&D costs back, one of the principle attackers being someone who now works for TJ.
Let's read some test reports and see some videos of your tests.
Jun 12, 2012, 06:25 PM
Registered User
Tamjets's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
Let's read some test reports and see some videos of your tests.
Thanks you....
Everyone see that...and everyon know where I coming from...can't speak for other.
Jun 12, 2012, 06:27 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Extreme_RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
Let's read some test reports and see some videos of your tests.
You will have to go back lots of pages but they are all there, and the test figures are all up on the website on each combo listing. Plus there are plenty of them being used by flyers now, in OZ, US and EU.
Jun 12, 2012, 07:04 PM
EDF rules... :)
AirX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclecrash
How you been Eric?
Hi Crash,

Surviving at the moment. Lost all my cad programs and a seat of AutoCAD is bigger than my wallet.
How have you been mate?

Eric B.
Jun 12, 2012, 07:06 PM
Registered User
Tamjets's Avatar
O.K..
Friday is last day for the spinners discount.
You guys order faster than the machine can make.
Specially you Mark.
You clean me out today.
Jun 12, 2012, 07:14 PM
EDF rules... :)
AirX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets
O.K..
Friday is last day for the spinners discount.
You guys order faster than the machine can make.
Specially you Mark.
You clean me out today.
Spinner discount how did I miss on this one?

Eric B.
Jun 12, 2012, 07:15 PM
Registered User
kevin's Avatar
I have about ten flights on my new cs70mm combo now in my foam habu. Previously tried these 4s combos ... fsd 2881kv innrunner (smoked after 2:20), suxfly 2950kv innrunner (smoked after about 20 seconds), 2850kv outrunner from fanjets (works well but the motor itself is a little out of balance - just under 1100 watts)


new combo...velocity 2900kv motor / cs rotor / E-Flite shroud / tj adapter / tj spinner washer / thunderpower 4s 65c 3850's...seeing 1300 watts at 87amps right off the charger. settles to just under 80 amp after maybe 15 seconds. great power, smooth running, great sound ... shorter flights
Jun 12, 2012, 07:18 PM
Registered User
Tamjets's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirX
Spinner discount how did I miss on this one?

Eric B.
Well...get on it.
Everyone order 3-5 average per order.
Mark order for 5 peoples I think. Unless he had that many CS 70 rotor.
Jun 12, 2012, 07:20 PM
Registered User
Tamjets's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin
I have about ten flights on my new cs70mm combo now in my foam habu. Previously tried these 4s combos ... fsd 2881kv innrunner (smoked after 2:20), suxfly 2950kv innrunner (smoked after about 20 seconds), 2850kv outrunner from fanjets (works well but the motor itself is a little out of balance - just under 1100 watts)


new combo...velocity 2900kv motor / cs rotor / E-Flite shroud / tj adapter / tj spinner washer / thunderpower 4s 65c 3850's...seeing 1300 watts at 87amps right off the charger. settles to just under 80 amp after maybe 15 seconds. great power, smooth running, great sound ... shorter flights
Try BL32 2150KV motor.
6s 1800watts.
That Sean flew his foam with until his old man put 7s and blew the rotor.
He is not even mad at all. He want to goes fast too.
Jun 12, 2012, 07:37 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Extreme_RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets
The 7s set up peak 2.5kw at 45,900 RPM and steady doing 2.3kw. at 43,200RPM. The speed we in the 130 plus flat level.
So how is 2300W/96 Amps suddenly an efficient lightweight 70mm setup? at only 43K rpm? I see 40K rpm at just over 1500w with a 2W30. My F16 is doing around 130mph at 33K rpm and 860W.

How is it the MEGA motors are rubbish but the eflite motor is suddenly the best thing since sliced bread? The amount of spin in here is incredible...
Jun 12, 2012, 07:40 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Extreme_RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets
Try BL32 2150KV motor.
6s 1800watts.
Hang on, wasnt this figure at 41-42K rpm?
And the new figures are 2300W/96A at 43,200rpm.
So your setup needs another 500w to get that extra 1000+rpm...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Change Sun 12 blade 90mm Flip Flop Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 7322 May 20, 2017 08:20 AM
New Product Change Sun 120mm and new 10 blade 70mm fans Flip Flop Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 131 Apr 27, 2012 07:07 PM
Sold Change Sun electric retracts Flip Flop Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 May 23, 2011 06:20 AM
Sold Change Sun Electronic retracts w/Lander struts hole digger Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 May 06, 2011 01:27 PM
Sold Change Sun Electric retracts NIB 75.00 jzuniga Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Sep 03, 2010 09:36 AM