Change Sun 10 blade 70mm - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 12, 2011, 07:09 PM
Registered User
Flip Flop's Avatar
New Product

Change Sun 10 blade 70mm


I have had alot of P.Ms with people interested in the new 10blade 70mm edf coming out, so here are some pics with some info I got.
It is a pretty heavy loaded little fan, I tested it with the 3200kv mb1 motor on 4s and got around 100 amps and between 1400-1500.
To bring the amps down a little I would use between a 2800-3000kv motor.
But it does have a great sound for a 70mm.
From what I am told these will be released in a week or two and be sold for $13-15.
Last edited by Flip Flop; Jan 15, 2012 at 09:08 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2011, 07:45 PM
Registered User
therealhiphop's Avatar
You're killing me man.
Oct 12, 2011, 07:48 PM
Registered User
Flip Flop's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealhiphop
You're killing me man.
Its killing me too, I need 2 more. I bought a LX A-10 just because of these.
Oct 12, 2011, 08:20 PM
Registered User
D_FAST's Avatar
Man the amps!!! This stuff is quickly killing my lipo supply!!!!
Oct 12, 2011, 09:24 PM
EDF rules... :)
AirX's Avatar
Looks like what I need for a project.

Eric B.
Oct 12, 2011, 09:27 PM
Registered User
Hey, FlipFlop.

I have been following your posts on your testing of this new fan with much interest. Do you have a video/audio file of the fan running so we can hear its sound? I have an LX F-18F two of these might be a good match with.

Tom
Oct 12, 2011, 09:29 PM
Flyin Acehole
DumthumbsFRANKIE's Avatar
Im about to pull the trigger on a custom Wemotec pro and a velocity heat sinked inrunner, should i wait to see what this will do....Gary at Eflux said i should see 130mph on 5s
Oct 12, 2011, 09:33 PM
Registered User
Flip Flop's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbinetom
Hey, FlipFlop.

I have been following your posts on your testing of this new fan with much interest. Do you have a video/audio file of the fan running so we can hear its sound? I have an LX F-18F two of these might be a good match with.

Tom
I wish I would have gotten video, I had it installed in a foam HL f-35 that went down on a bad handlaunch and decided to sell it at the time to fund another project. I think the new owner has it installed in one of his jets and maybe he would not mind chiming in.....
Oct 12, 2011, 09:38 PM
Registered User
Flip Flop's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumthumbsFRANKIE
Im about to pull the trigger on a custom Wemotec pro and a velocity heat sinked inrunner, should i wait to see what this will do....Gary at Eflux said i should see 130mph on 5s
The Wemotec is a great fan and you wont be dissapointed, it is also proven.
I think eventually when this fan comes out it will take more trial and error to find the right motor for it. I would buy the Wemo and then later buy one of these to experiment with.
Oct 12, 2011, 09:49 PM
Flyin Acehole
DumthumbsFRANKIE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Flop
The Wemotec is a great fan and you wont be dissapointed, it is also proven.
I think eventually when this fan comes out it will take more trial and error to find the right motor for it. I would buy the Wemo and then later buy one of these to experiment with.
Thankyou for the advise
Oct 13, 2011, 12:12 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Flop
I have had alot of P.Ms with people interested in the new 10blade 70mm edf coming out, so here are some pics with some info I got.
It is a pretty heavy loaded little fan, I tested it with the 3200kv mb1 motor on 4s and got around 100 amps and between 1400-1500 watts which is not that bad.
To bring the amps down a little I would use between a 2800-3000kv motor.
But it does have a great sound for a 70mm.
From what I am told these will be released in a week or two and be sold for $13-15.
Nice, I need to go shopping for for edf jet
Oct 13, 2011, 02:45 AM
Don't forget to trim rudder!
turbinefancy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhiteknight
Nice, I need to go shopping for for edf jet
Hey Peter,

A good deal on a Venom F-86 70mm ARF for $125 shipped. Loaded with 11 servos Includes air retracts. Stock motor is 2836KV. So maybe good enough for this fan. Just need to change out the ESC and SBEC. It's bigger than the 80mm F-86 that you have (had?). Should make an inexpensive test bed.

Check it out:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories

I just got one and quality is pretty good.

Cheers,
Robert
Oct 13, 2011, 03:07 AM
Registered User
dude!
im gonna try these on my LX jets
if that sounds anything like the 12blade 90mm you posted, this will rock!
the twins should sound awesome!
Oct 13, 2011, 03:11 AM
Registered User
you testing those on 4S?

im running 6S 2400kv RCL fans on my LX F-18F.
i'd probably drop it down to 2100kv and stay on 6S.
amp draw should be significantly lower than a 4S setup.
Oct 13, 2011, 07:12 AM
Registered User
alexandermh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Flop
I wish I would have gotten video, I had it installed in a foam HL f-35 that went down on a bad handlaunch and decided to sell it at the time to fund another project. I think the new owner has it installed in one of his jets and maybe he would not mind chiming in.....

I'm the new owner and am installing it in a BH F-5, with E-Flite retracts. Still on the build table right now.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Change Sun 12 blade 90mm Flip Flop Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 7335 Jun 29, 2017 12:43 AM
New Product Change Sun 120mm and new 10 blade 70mm fans Flip Flop Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 131 Apr 27, 2012 08:07 PM
Sold Change Sun electric retracts Flip Flop Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 May 23, 2011 07:20 AM
Sold Change Sun Electronic retracts w/Lander struts hole digger Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 May 06, 2011 02:27 PM
Sold Change Sun Electric retracts NIB 75.00 jzuniga Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Sep 03, 2010 10:36 AM