Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Oct 17, 2011, 01:06 PM
Registered User
Nice little frame when assembled and looking forward to the motors getting here. I would like a chance to try it in a single layer G10 3mm or 1/8" version as well. Maybe a little slot milled in the center straight stretch of each arm. One of the cleanest cut jobs I have ever seen with virtually no burn.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2011, 01:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by daign View Post
on its way! will be running my quadrino!

any USA source for the 9x5 EPP props?
daign did you mean 5x3? I had to source them from two different suppliers so hopefully the cw match the ccw.
Oct 17, 2011, 01:34 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Qrome's Avatar
Question: does anyone have a good way to use the Tri-blade props with a prop saver o-ring? Just wondering, I think I might want to try the tri-blade on this.
Oct 19, 2011, 12:41 PM
Registered User
slim1357's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome View Post
Question: does anyone have a good way to use the Tri-blade props with a prop saver o-ring? Just wondering, I think I might want to try the tri-blade on this.
I cannot think of a way that would work. I was planing on buying adapters. If you come up with a solution, please post it here!
Oct 19, 2011, 12:55 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Qrome's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim1357 View Post
I cannot think of a way that would work. I was planing on buying adapters. If you come up with a solution, please post it here!
Are there some tiny light adapters that can be used that don't weigh more than these motors?
Oct 19, 2011, 01:22 PM
Registered User
other than drilling\tapping an adaptor hub every 120 degrees I don't see how it would work. Pick one screw to be 0/360 and then put other screws at 120 and 240.
Oct 19, 2011, 01:44 PM
Registered User
Q, maybe this thread will be of some use.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825355
Last edited by shultz; Oct 19, 2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: link went to page 2, change it to page one
Oct 19, 2011, 03:34 PM
Sudden Freak
c2po's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome View Post
Are there some tiny light adapters that can be used that don't weigh more than these motors?
Search ebay for "CNC prop JJ 2.0mm"
Just received mine (although it took a while, almost 3 weeks), very lightweight, around 2 grams each.
Oct 19, 2011, 04:28 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Qrome's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by c2po View Post
Search ebay for "CNC prop JJ 2.0mm"
Just received mine (although it took a while, almost 3 weeks), very lightweight, around 2 grams each.
Thanks, I just ordered 4 of them... may take 3 weeks. Until then, I can try the o-ring adapters. Thanks!
Oct 21, 2011, 12:54 AM
Multicopter Addict
braindead4554's Avatar
Post #4 updated with shopping list for those that have been asking
Oct 21, 2011, 01:11 AM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome View Post
Thanks, I just ordered 4 of them... may take 3 weeks. Until then, I can try the o-ring adapters. Thanks!
Me too. That will be about the same time my motors will show up from Hobby King.
Oct 21, 2011, 06:45 PM
Registered User
AlPackin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave View Post
Me too. That will be about the same time my motors will show up from Hobby King.
I just ordered them too, we are all on the same page , thanks c2po
Oct 22, 2011, 12:21 AM
Sudden Freak
c2po's Avatar
Sure, you're welcome, I actually found that tip in OpenPilot forums a while ago and bought a few just in case.
Oct 23, 2011, 07:06 PM
Sudden Freak
c2po's Avatar
Here is how those adapters look like:

Oct 23, 2011, 07:51 PM
Registered User
I wish you guys luck with the prop adapters... I found on small foamies running either the 10G or park 250 motors nearly everytime you touch the ground with a prop on an adapter OTHER than the prop saver the 2mm shafts bend...even a simple nose over landing on grass with my E-flight L-4 has bent the shaft...not much but enough to cause vibes... buy LOT's of shafts OR don't crash


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My Ghetto Quad - 1 WiiM+ & 1 Arduino Pro Mini - Exposed wiring troynh Aerial Photography 141 Nov 20, 2011 08:58 AM
Discussion HK has a new mini quad frame Pintac Multirotor Drone Talk 20 Sep 28, 2011 10:04 AM
Discussion My 9" Mini Quad. Scotth72 Multirotor Drone Talk 16 Apr 18, 2011 02:50 PM
Wanted WTB:Pocket quad/mini quad....roller/parts marz1 Non R/C Items (FS/W) 0 Apr 13, 2011 06:30 PM