Sep 12, 2012, 01:00 PM
OK frames x 2, & props ordered from blue sky.

Ordered KK2 board , motors & ESC from HK along with usb board and battery strap.

Already planning custom paint job

Oh and what should I screw the motors to the plywood with. Self tappers seem crude, i was wondering if nylon nut and bolts were available. If so what size for 1811 motors? I cant seem to find this anywhere.

Thanks for all your advice.

Matt

Thanks

Matt
Last edited by flyingmattyboy; Sep 12, 2012 at 03:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2012, 02:58 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingmattyboy
OK frames x 2, & props ordered from blue sky.

Ordered KK2 board , motors & ESC from HK along with usb board and battery strap.

Already planning custom paint job

Qrome recomended 3s 500mah Lipos for this setub. Did he meen 5000mah or 500? HK don't seem to stock anything as low as 500mah 3s.

Oh and what should I screw the motors to the plywood with. Self tappers seem crude, i was wondering if nylon nut and bolts were available. If so what size for 1811 motors? I cant seem to find this anywhere.

Thanks for all your advice.

Matt

Thanks

Matt
Matt -- yes 500mAh 3s 20C
These are what I use: http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl500-3s1p-20c-3333.html

I also use the 2x8mm self tapping screws -- keep in mind these frames are Micro -- you need to think small and light.
Sep 12, 2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks Qrome. Can't wait for my parts to come

Found the 500mah ones now. Will try and find some 2x8 self tappers too then.

already noticed the large receiver that comes with 9x and will order the frsky micro 4ch one with module. I may even treat myself to the telemetry screen for fun factor. Can use the large one in my wing dragon 3ch.

Is any special glue required for frame or just bog standard CA.

Thanks again.
Sep 12, 2012, 04:00 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Quote:
Thanks Qrome. Can't wait for my parts to come

Found the 500mah ones now. Will try and find some 2x8 self tappers too then.

already noticed the large receiver that comes with 9x and will order the frsky micro 4ch one with module. I may even treat myself to the telemetry screen for fun factor. Can use the large one in my wing dragon 3ch.

Is any special glue required for frame or just bog standard CA.

Thanks again.
Only use CA on the Micro Quad V2 for the arm braces... everything else should be held together with nylon bolts.

These are the screws I use to mount my motors:
http://blueskyrc.com/index.php?main_...products_id=53

They will be back in stock soon. They go fast.
Sep 16, 2012, 06:43 AM
I have ordered the two bladed props. Are these ok for 3 cell batteries? Or should I have bought three bladed props for the 1811 2000kv?
Also I might start making my power harness. Is there a recomendadtion on wire gauge, as I don't want to go too heavy?
Will the gemfan 2 bladed props need balanceing, I thought I read in qromes post that they are ready to use.
Sep 16, 2012, 07:41 AM
Dawg, Junkyard, 1 ea.
IIRC, 18ga wire should be fine for the wire harness.

The 2 blade props oughta work good, too. you can use either/or. I found my MicroQuad to be smoother with the 2 blade props, but it boils down to preference, really. You will have to balance them, tho. Just not as much as the GWS or HK generic ones. It should/could fly without balancing them, but it sure makes it a lot smoother if you do. Some may not need it at all, but some will, but not a lot.
Sep 16, 2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
I have ordered the two bladed props. Are these ok for 3 cell batteries? Or should I have bought three bladed props for the 1811 2000kv?
Also I might start making my power harness. Is there a recomendadtion on wire gauge, as I don't want to go too heavy?
Will the gemfan 2 bladed props need balanceing, I thought I read in qromes post that they are ready to use.

I use both the two and three blade props on 3S. You don't really need any wire. The wires from the ESCs are long enough and you only need a battery connector.

I use this soldered to the ESC wires to make a complete harness
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9683

The two blade props are much better balanced then the three blades
Sep 16, 2012, 07:52 AM
here is a picture of a wiring harness. It is a Vtail but it is done the same way on a quad
Sep 18, 2012, 01:10 PM
OK I will try and make the harness from the esc wire and a pigtail battery connection. I have loads of heatshrink in all sizes so thats good.

I have ordered 2 x 3s 500mah & 3s 850mah x1 on Qromes recomendation(Thanks for the help).

I have also ordered Turnigy ESC programming card or ease.

I am now thinking about mounting the FC (KK2) board now, any sugestions on reducing vibration (foam rubber or rubber washers). I have ordered Flysky TH9X with Frsky D4FR receiver & compatible TX module.

Will I need male to male servo leads if so how many how long and what type?

Am I right in saying I will only need one conection from receiver to KK board as it is cppm. This confuses me!! I have read 8 channels through 1 lead is this right?

These are the last parts I should need now. Any help appreciated. Are there any vids of a kk2 controlled micro quad in flight?
Sep 18, 2012, 01:40 PM
Design > Build > Fly
I don't know if the KK2 board supports cppm -- you may want to check that.
Sep 19, 2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome
I don't know if the KK2 board supports cppm -- you may want to check that.

I looked it up yesterday when I read his post. Apparently it does.
Sep 22, 2012, 05:13 AM
Woo Hoo!!!! All the HK stuff and the flysky th9x is here with the other electronics, just the frame to come now and I will be building.

Yes the KK2 is supposed to do CPPM after reflash for latest firmware. I have bought the usb asp unit from HK for this reason.

I just have to work out how to set up the TH9X so this works. I was thinking CPPM would save considerable weight in servo leads if I can manage to work it all out.

Can't wait
Sep 22, 2012, 04:33 PM
BE58/SR22T

Beginner Question

Hello guys, I hope I wont be to naive here, but I have a few most-likely stupid questions.

Being in college, my flying space is limited. I have been working on building a production company and have always had the idea of a multi-copter for filming in my future.

Not wanting to drop $1k on a nice Y6 when I don't know just about anything about how these things work, I started looking smaller. I found the ladybird, but I want to be able to actually understand how these work, hopefully by building one.

My recent research has brought me to this thread. My aim is to build one of these copters with just about the best components I can get to ensure a stable platform. After reading many many pages of this thread, I think I have a rough grasp of what components as far as control boards and sensors and so on of what I need to get, but I still am very shaky on how any of these parts would be connected together and programmed into a radio.

If someone could point me in the way of a wiring diagram, control board shopping list, or a more beginner-friendly start to the heart of multi copters, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Matt
Sep 22, 2012, 05:28 PM
well, describe "filming"
this little guy can't carry much payload.
Sep 22, 2012, 05:35 PM
BE58/SR22T
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPackin
well, describe "filming"
this little guy can't carry much payload.
Haha, sorry I didn't explain myself well enough. I wouldn't be filming with this one, but with a larger quad or y6 in the future. This mini would just be for fun and practice.

Matt

Quick Reply