Thread Tools
Oct 11, 2011, 11:35 PM
Farmer
f.a.r.m.e.r's Avatar
Help!

need help on how to press on the stock genius cp pinion onto C05 bl motor


I have a C05 brushless motor and the stock pinion from the walkera genius cp brushed motor.. i'v never pressed on a pinion on such a small motor and im afraid ill bend the shaft..

any sugestions on how I can press this stock genius cp pinion on the C05 brushless motor with a 1mm shaft with out bending it?

thanks in advance ya'll

farmer
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Oct 12, 2011 at 01:06 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2011, 12:26 AM
Farmer
f.a.r.m.e.r's Avatar
help!!! lol!!!
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Oct 12, 2011 at 12:58 AM.
Oct 12, 2011, 12:39 AM
Registered User
I must have been lucky. I just got the co5 today and took my stock pinion off and it pressed on with just hard finger pressure. I used loctite on the pinion to hold it.
Oct 12, 2011, 12:55 AM
Farmer
f.a.r.m.e.r's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster7467 View Post
I must have been lucky. I just got the co5 today and took my stock pinion off and it pressed on with just hard finger pressure. I used loctite on the pinion to hold it.
yea guess you are lucky lol

mine is tight cant press it down with my fingers and im afraid to ruin it cause them C05 shafts are soft metal they can twist and bend easily and that would suck lol

hopefully some one on here has some advice or sugesstions on getting my pinion on with out bending the shaft
Oct 12, 2011, 01:05 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
Tom Z's Avatar
I had to press my pinion on in a vice as it was so tight but I bent the motor shaft. I bent it back straight again but it took a long time...

You need to ream the pinion hole a little bigger so it will slide on the motor
shaft tight by hand and then use Loctite 609 or similar to secure the pinion.
Forcing on the pinion too tight in a vise will probably bend the motor shaft as I found out.



Tom
Oct 12, 2011, 01:56 AM
Farmer
f.a.r.m.e.r's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
I had to press my pinion on in a vice as it was so tight but I bent the motor shaft. I bent it back straight again but it took a long time...

You need to ream the pinion hole a little bigger so it will slide on the motor
shaft tight by hand and then use Loctite 609 or similar to secure the pinion.
Forcing on the pinion too tight in a vise will probably bend the motor shaft as I found out.



Tom

thanks tom that worked (reaming out the pinion) I used an old 1mm shaft in a drill with polishing compound, then cleaned it with denatured alcohol put some anaerobics lock tite retainer and slid right on worked great.

thanks again tom

now I can finish installing my bl conversion!
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Oct 24, 2011 at 02:58 AM.
Oct 12, 2011, 02:40 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
Tom Z's Avatar
Your welcome, glad to help out.
Great job on reaming out the pinion.
That looks like a bottle from a T-rex kit, green R48. I have some from
my T-rex 450's.

The BL conversion is great! Very smooth, a lot of power, and very good climb out.
Let me know how you like the BL conversion.


Tom
Oct 12, 2011, 04:41 AM
Registered User
Heating the pinion with a heat gun or soldering iron will allow you to make a traditional shrink fit, just leave the hole ever so slightly under size, heat up and drop onto shaft.
Oct 12, 2011, 02:28 PM
Farmer
f.a.r.m.e.r's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by h106frp View Post
Heating the pinion with a heat gun or soldering iron will allow you to make a traditional shrink fit, just leave the hole ever so slightly under size, heat up and drop onto shaft.
hey h106frp thanks ill try that on my second brushless conversion.

hey tom your right the genius cp flys so much better brushless. decided to order another conversion for my second one stock feels so whimpy now, lol

I can flip it down low easier now with out worrying about bogging the negative pitch on the inverted transition

overal its how it should of came lol

thanks again

farmer
Oct 12, 2011, 02:32 PM
Farmer
f.a.r.m.e.r's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
Your welcome, glad to help out.
Great job on reaming out the pinion.
That looks like a bottle from a T-rex kit, green R48. I have some from
my T-rex 450's.

The BL conversion is great! Very smooth, a lot of power, and very good climb out.
Let me know how you like the BL conversion.


Tom
btw it is R48 from my trex 450 kits you have a good eye

brushless is awsome though
Oct 13, 2011, 06:28 AM
Z06 Tony's Avatar
OOPS wrong thread. I will post this in the genius thread
Last edited by Z06 Tony; Oct 13, 2011 at 10:44 AM.
Oct 13, 2011, 10:11 AM
Registered User
Air Vaca's Avatar
Hi Tony,
I usually associate a squeal with a gear slipping on its shaft. On the 4#3's it was the pinion most the time. If I lost the pin on the main it would squeal,, also. I haven't looked at my G close enough to see how the main is "keyed" to its shaft.

regards,
Bill
Oct 13, 2011, 10:20 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
Tom Z's Avatar
The Genius CP uses double keyed flat spots on the main shaft that the main gear locks on to.
See my picture.


Tom
Last edited by Tom Z; Jul 10, 2013 at 08:10 AM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review Walkera Genius CP Review - Pictures, Video, Brushless Mod, Genius VS mCPX Tom Z Micro Helis 561 Oct 17, 2015 01:50 AM
Discussion Walkera Genius CP-the smallest 3d flybarless heli in the world! @ oomodel oomodel.com Hot Online Deals 17 Sep 28, 2015 10:48 AM
Discussion Walkera Genius CP issue resolved! Tom Z Micro Helis 44 Jan 03, 2012 10:56 PM
Help! is this the right brushless motor and esc for genius cp? f.a.r.m.e.r Micro Helis 16 Oct 07, 2011 03:40 PM
Discussion Setting Up Walkera 2603 for Genius CP Heli BernieHeli Electric Heli Talk 4 Oct 05, 2011 06:55 PM