Dec 15, 2011, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd
oh damn, thats faster than our 8s mega setup

yaya I know, I cant avg when I'm excited LOL!!!
I was very impress with stock motor on 7s.
Hope with the heat sink kept the motor going strong.

BTW,
I record you flying 8s Mega set up.
Let see what the speed.

Nick Habu 32 8s Mega set up (4 min 5 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2011, 12:34 AM
3DHOG
most of the passes were in the 120's and fastest one was 131. the last pass for some reason registered 140 but their was a hard pull to vertical that I think corrupted the doppler. not sure why the mega 8s is slowing down but it is......demagging maybe??
Dec 15, 2011, 10:37 AM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Tam!?
Did you remove the heat sink on your 12S setup?
I've got a Ice2 80HV for my 12S 80-45 Stu set up and I can shed
1.5 Oz. if I mount it behind motor and remove heat sink...
I'll be pulling 75 amps and making 3k watts at full..Or so...Hee hee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets
Need for Speed.....LOL.
I love it.....

Here is few pictures I did the mod to the stock fan with my heat sink.
I like to have tailcone for mounting the ESC.
Better cooling and dump all the heavy heat sink.

Is this still considering stock fan set up?
Stock motor and fan.
Just heat sink added with attachment tailcone.

Here is clean install to kept it light.
Nothing fancy.
Dec 15, 2011, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Paxton
Tam!?
Did you remove the heat sink on your 12S setup?
I've got a Ice2 80HV for my 12S 80-45 Stu set up and I can shed
1.5 Oz. if I mount it behind motor and remove heat sink...
I'll be pulling 75 amps and making 3k watts at full..Or so...Hee hee.
Yes I pull out the heat sink on my 12s set up.
Last night down load the data.
Pulling 100a at 4kw continues for all those high speed pass.
My ESC only reach 150F max.
Your should be nice pulling 75a at 3kw. Kept it under 8 lbs. You should be doing 142-145 average and good flight time.
Dec 15, 2011, 12:28 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Cool! Thanks for the info. And I'm going for 6.75 to 7.5 lbs. We'll see if I can do it!
Dec 15, 2011, 03:44 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Paxton
Cool! Thanks for the info. And I'm going for 6.75 to 7.5 lbs. We'll see if I can do it!
What size packs are you planning?

I haven't weighed mine yet but I think I could get under 7 pounds on 6s 5000s
Dec 15, 2011, 03:53 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz
What size packs are you planning?

I haven't weighed mine yet but I think I could get under 7 pounds on 6s 5000s
I have 12S setups of 2500-2650-3300 and if they don't weigh in right, I'm gonna buy some that do! LOL
Weight range right now is 820-1100 grams (1.8-2.4 Lbs) for what I have on hand. But that is also down to 62 amp continuous on the 2500s. So they will be for "Mellow" flight only.
I'll have esc behind motor and BEC up on shelf over intakes, so hopefully I'll be able to get CG correct.

And that reminds me I have go buy a scale today!
Dec 15, 2011, 04:00 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Thanks Michael,

Mine has the esc between the ducts and I plan on a 700ma 2s LiFe for the RX. There seems to be plenty of draw through the gap in the ducts and I figure that I would rather add a few slots under the canopy to get extra air in the battery and ESC areas that cutting more scoops into the fuse.

ESC behind the motor always works well but I thought I would go for a lazier solution that remains invisible. J
Dec 15, 2011, 04:12 PM
Carbon fiber is our friend
Here's my maiden flight vid. Temp was 68F
I get about 131 on the first pass and 134 on the second. The doppler graph isn't super clear, but I'm pretty confident it's going at least 130. I'm shooting for much more though, so stay tuned!

Eflite Habu 32 (3 min 24 sec)

SC
Dec 15, 2011, 04:20 PM
3DHOG
Michael
if your running 12s your target range should be 7.5 - 8lbs this will not be easy, anything under 8lbs should be considered a total success and you dont really want to be over 8lbs either. you can really feel the difference between the stock 7lb Habu32 and the HP 8lb Habu's, it still flies good at 8lbs and is totally exceptable but I would not want any more weight if you know what I mean.
Dec 15, 2011, 04:44 PM
3DHOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C
I get about 131 on the first pass and 134 on the second. The doppler graph isn't super clear, but I'm pretty confident it's going at least 130. I'm shooting for much more though, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiGFn...1&feature=plcp

SC
Steve
looks good man, the doppler isnt that good, as you stated but I was able to confirm a pass at 129mph so ya I guess no BS LOL now in my defense I did not know you were running a larger non eflight modified fan so anyway good job I think you should get the most efficient Habu32 award
now unleash the beast and throw 12s at her and lets see what she can do
Dec 15, 2011, 05:01 PM
Quote:

SC
Looks good Steve.
Yeah the doppler is pretty faint.

Here's what I got:

126mph @ 1:25
131mph @ 1:57

See if you can get something that records the audio with a bit more volume. Maybe a borrow a video camera?
Latest blog entry: Updated blog May 2017
Dec 15, 2011, 05:16 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd
Michael
if your running 12s your target range should be 7.5 - 8lbs this will not be easy, anything under 8lbs should be considered a total success and you dont really want to be over 8lbs either. you can really feel the difference between the stock 7lb Habu32 and the HP 8lb Habu's, it still flies good at 8lbs and is totally exceptable but I would not want any more weight if you know what I mean.
My 2500 and 2650 12S setups are both very close to the weight of a stock 5000 6S! And I've heard of folks with 6.5 lb 32s before....Wish me luck! (I think these planes have a very wide weight range due to things like former glue, vert stab support, etc...
I plan on doing a bit of lightening if it comes out just grossly heavy.)
Dec 15, 2011, 05:19 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Did anyone have a problem with the elevator control rods coming out of the fuse no where near the ele actuator?
If so, should I just bend the rod? Maybe move internal rod holders and exit hole? It's like an inch off!!
Dec 15, 2011, 05:23 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nice flight! Like your runway! Talk about room for roll out! Woot!
(And that was the longest take off roll I've ever seen! Ha!)

Quote:

SC