Habu 32 Speed Contest Tumbler Unlimited Class 165.2 - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 13, 2011, 12:27 AM
Lee Liddle
Here`s my 2 cents for the rules. I`m only intrestred in the unlimited class so that takes care of the power department, except maybe limit even the unlimited to a max 80mm id fan, but whatever you guys want to do there.

On the airframe.... I`m thinking that if we stay as close as we can to a stock airframe, that we might even get E-Flight to sponser with some hardware. I`d suggest a

1)stock airframe and canopy. Nothing removed or altered except as needed to mount landing gear and servos.

2) Recovering the flight surfaces with comon iron on material for the purpose of changing color and painting of non-covered surfaces is allowed.

3) adding custom landing gear doors is allowed

4) adding material to streamline pushrods, servo arms and control horns is allowed

5) no custom internal control systems, unless it is something suggested in the instructions.

That`s about all I can think of. I think these would work for any class, unless guys want to eliminate gear doors and streamlining material for the stock class.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2011, 12:28 AM
Lee Liddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets
LOL...king of the hill.
So 160mph average is king of the mountain.....
No Tam...King of the same hill, it`s just that the old king gets kicked off. LOL
Oct 13, 2011, 12:37 AM
Need 4 Speed!
1) Stock airframe & 6s system class
2) UNLIMITED....

I've participated in plenty of online speed challenges. For the sake of simplicity and clarity I would highly suggest these 2 easy to understand classes. Less rules equals less bitching!
Latest blog entry: original Y/A F-18 Kit
Oct 13, 2011, 12:44 AM
Spoooooon!
So level passes in both directions on video right?
Oct 13, 2011, 12:46 AM
Lee Liddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg
1) Stock airframe & 6s system class
2) UNLIMITED....

I've participated in plenty of online speed challenges. For the sake of simplicity and clarity I would highly suggest these 2 easy to understand classes. Less rules equals less bitching!

Your probably right. I`m good with whatever you guys think.
Oct 13, 2011, 12:47 AM
Lee Liddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTick
So level passes in both directions on video right?
Sounds right to me. Gary suggested to also verify air temp on the vid.
Oct 13, 2011, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle
Here`s my 2 cents for the rules. I`m only intrestred in the unlimited class so that takes care of the power department, except maybe limit even the unlimited to a max 80mm id fan, but whatever you guys want to do there.

On the airframe.... I`m thinking that if we stay as close as we can to a stock airframe, that we might even get E-Flight to sponser with some hardware. I`d suggest a

1)stock airframe and canopy. Nothing removed or altered except as needed to mount landing gear and servos.

2) Recovering the flight surfaces with comon iron on material for the purpose of changing color and painting of non-covered surfaces is allowed.

3) adding custom landing gear doors is allowed

4) adding material to streamline pushrods, servo arms and control horns is allowed

5) no custom internal control systems, unless it is something suggested in the instructions.

That`s about all I can think of. I think these would work for any class, unless guys want to eliminate gear doors and streamlining material for the stock class.
Dang Lee, I was thinking about building another, but you (of all people ) just took all the fun out of it. I wanna hack mine up! LOL

What does "unlimited" consist of?

BTW: the field thermometer was originally Birger's idea.
Latest blog entry: Updated blog - Oct 2017
Oct 13, 2011, 07:47 AM
Lee Liddle
I was just throwing ideas out there to keep hackers like me from trying to gain a big advantage by doing stuff to the airframe that a lot of guys wouldn't try. Maybe these parameters for the stock class and anything goes in unlimited? I'm game for just about anything, but I'd rather see lots of participation if I had to choose between the two. Ya know?
Oct 13, 2011, 08:15 AM
Oh geez here we go with the first WINNER! DING DING DING, LOL!

And I seriously choose the Stumax 6S Setup...gonna need a 2nd Fan to play with you guys, lmao.

Can I mount another 2x 80mm EDF Fans, one of each wing for extra speed, would that be allowed? lol

NS.
Oct 13, 2011, 11:06 AM
Lee Liddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversommer
Oh geez here we go with the first WINNER! DING DING DING, LOL!

And I seriously choose the Stumax 6S Setup...gonna need a 2nd Fan to play with you guys, lmao.

Can I mount another 2x 80mm EDF Fans, one of each wing for extra speed, would that be allowed? lol

NS.

Maybe, rules aren`t set yet
Oct 13, 2011, 11:33 AM
Need 4 Speed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversommer

NS.
Yeah and for even less drag you can close up the intakes...
Latest blog entry: original Y/A F-18 Kit
Oct 13, 2011, 11:46 AM
Lee Liddle
ROTFLMAO

Yeah then you could call it a 262 and fly it in slope scale.
Oct 13, 2011, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle
I was just throwing ideas out there to keep hackers like me from trying to gain a big advantage by doing stuff to the airframe that a lot of guys wouldn't try. Maybe these parameters for the stock class and anything goes in unlimited? I'm game for just about anything, but I'd rather see lots of participation if I had to choose between the two. Ya know?
I agree about it being more fun with lots of participation.

I'm sure whatever suggestions you and pdawg have for keithstr will be great
Latest blog entry: Updated blog - Oct 2017
Oct 13, 2011, 03:16 PM
Keith Thomas
The rules have been posted on page one. We can still make changes this week.
Last edited by keithtsr; Oct 17, 2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: clarity
Oct 13, 2011, 07:39 PM
sounds good to me being in Australia all i can do is post a video i guess. how is everyone measuring the speed? radar, pitot tube, video sound etc

ARC have 4mm shafts now so i can fit the 28 58 1 into the 80mm fan so i think i might try that on 6s first