Oct 30, 2011, 09:21 PM
a.k.a. Matt Nelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayH
Does the wood piece in the middle of the the two bars keep things from laying flat across the bars?
yup. it's safe from flat things (chargers, screwdrivers, etc), although you could probably still short it if you got creative enough...
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2011, 09:31 PM
Where did my plane go???
Quote:
Thanks Matt - that's a nice addition to the event. Does the wood piece in the middle of the the two bars keep things from laying flat across the bars?I'd hate to see someone accidently lay/drop their charger on top of the bars.
Yes Thanks Matt!
Also what Clay meant to say was that red goes on positive and black goes on negative..... I'm just sayin ;-)

HUGH
:-)
Oct 31, 2011, 12:08 AM
Throw it like you hate it
Super cool, Matt! That's awesome!
Paul
Oct 31, 2011, 12:15 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Also what Clay meant to say was that red goes on positive and black goes on negative..... I'm just sayin ;-)
Thanks Hugh, thought I was going to get a pass on that one

Clay
Nov 03, 2011, 12:23 PM
Oleg Golovidov

warning! propaganda to follow...

Blatant advertizing here, so feel free to ignore please

If anybody wanted to get a model rack and save on the shipping costs, here is a good chance for y'all. I can arrange for a box of racks to be shipped either to my hotel or a local pilot. I will pay the shipping costs myself, hoping that there will be more than 1-2 orders. I can even buy and bring some padding material, so you will be able to assemble and use the rack immediately. If I get enough orders, I may be able to pay for my hotel room (for one night maybe) from all of the profits!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1#post19447886

Send me an e-mail or just PayPal the payment and mention JEM in the message.
Nov 03, 2011, 10:42 PM

DLG Rack

Wish it had four slots
Any possiblity?

cheers!
Nov 09, 2011, 02:20 AM
Thread OP
Well now that the BSOA is in the books, we can look forward to the JEM 2012. We now have 59 pilots signed up to fly, 44 of which are paid. I have decided to set the cutoff at 60 pilots, so there are officially 16 slots left for paying pilots. The pilots list on page one of the thread has been updated as of 11/08/11.

We're gonna have a great contest - hopefully JE will send us some good weather like today.
Nov 09, 2011, 10:24 AM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
60 Pilots!!!!!! WOW. Looks like my plans for a top 40 finish just got messed up!!!!!
Nov 09, 2011, 12:02 PM
Gasbags & Gussets

subscribed

subscribed
Nov 09, 2011, 12:09 PM
usaf3kteam
You the man Clay
Nov 09, 2011, 02:10 PM
Thread OP

Things you should know about flying at ElDorado Park

As a heads up to those who may be new to flying at ElDorado Park, I thought I'd note some of the things that make flying at ElDorado Park "special".

1) It costs $7 to enter tha park. You get one exit/re-entry per day.

2) We have a 400 foot ceiling. As you practice the next couple of months , keep this in mind. You won't be able to spec out your plane to make 5 minutes. Hasn't been a problem for us over the years.

3) Our park is open to the public for flying. The AMA club that flies out of this site has agreed to ask their members to not fly that weekend. But we can't keep non club members off the site. SO there may be some electric flying going on to the far north of the flying field. I will post signs for weeks in advance to warn them of our contest and most of the folks know me and are pretty cool.

4) Our field is surrounded by reachable treeline on 3 sides. Makes for some great lift but can also cause grief for those with less than excellent depth perception. I you think this may describe you, bring your tree climbing/retrieval gear. We have had to call tree services in the past and I'll make sure to have a couple we can use if need be, but they ain't cheap!

That's about it. These things rarely become an issue...but you have been warned!

Clay
Nov 09, 2011, 02:19 PM
Where did my plane go???
At 60 pilots that makes how many rounds with how many pilots?

Looking forward to this!

HUGH
Nov 09, 2011, 02:42 PM
Thread OP
That would be two heats with 30 pilots each

Cool to watch, but tough on planes.

5 heats, 12 pilots, hopefully 6-7 rounds day 1.
Nov 09, 2011, 03:03 PM
hot air rises...
Can you do 4 heats of 15 pilots? No sure how big your field is?..
I'm already looking forward to this contest!
Nov 09, 2011, 03:15 PM
Where did my plane go???
Quote:
That would be two heats with 30 pilots each

Cool to watch, but tough on planes.

5 heats, 12 pilots, hopefully 6-7 rounds day 1.
Holy crap! I read 30 pilots each, peeded myself, and passed out. When I came to I read the rest..

12 pilots is tight but I'm cool with that. I have never flown before while rubbing the shoulder of another pilot(Well not that I will admit to anyways)..

HUGH

Quick Reply