Oct 10, 2011, 09:31 PM
Thread OP
Idea

Halo Reach Falcon bi-copter

Recently I was in a mall, and stopped by the video game outlet Gamestop. There I found an rc model of the Falcon (Link to picture below). Before, I thought that it would not be possible to create a model of this vehicle, but it seems that I am wrong.

Has anyone out there attempted this before?

Considerations:
Weight
--plastic or 3/4 oz fiberglass fuselage
--carbon fiber frame

Counter-rotating props
at least (2) Gyros
Brushless motors

NOTE: I cant find this product on the web, but it IS in stores.

TLDR

I am not well versed in creating single or bicopter aircraft, although I have created multiple conventional tractor and pusher aircraft. If anyone could put in their two cents as to whether I should even attempt this project, that would be appreciated.

Falcon from Halo Reach: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/UH-144_Falcon
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2011, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -someone-
...Has anyone out there attempted this before?...
I'd suggest the MultiWii bicopter option. Has all the gyros and such you need.

The only thing is if you want it to be fairly scale looking, the rotor blades are a lot longer in relation to the fuselage compared to a MultiWii bicopter.

You might be able to use rotors from a fixed pitch heli but I'm not sure since those longer rotor blades might not allow the motors to react fast enough to gyro commands.
Last edited by RCvertt; Oct 11, 2011 at 04:58 AM.

Quick Reply