Apr 02, 2013, 07:37 PM
Nothing to see here...
All I can say is ...

SUPER MEGA DELUXE !!!!!

Great Work!!

Rubio
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2013, 08:15 PM
Don't think I have ever heard of anyone using wd40 for that. Doubt it would have enough silicone in it. Would it soak into the primer or contaminate the mold?

Wax, pva, etc I have read about being used.

Look forward to seeing you pull a few of these out.

Lost squadron material you have...
Apr 02, 2013, 08:28 PM
I'm All Thumbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFster
Don't think I have ever heard of anyone using wd40 for that. Doubt it would have enough silicone in it. Would it soak into the primer or contaminate the mold?
Don't think WD has Any silicone in it.It would certainly soak into stuff.
Skies
J
Apr 02, 2013, 08:30 PM
hey dutchy,

never made a mold but when i was a kid growing up i was big into making my bike go fast always spraying the WD. once i did it right outside the garage door wich was closed while my dad was spraying a 1969 impala rag top. it got fish eyes all over in it wich are like little pin hole bubles in the paint.

so i would try on some paint first. before you go to crazy in the molds.

later andrew K.
Apr 02, 2013, 09:40 PM
Gravity sucks
I've used WD40 as a release agent for both making the mold and then casting exhaust stacks out of MetalGlaze and it worked fine. The original part was basswood. But never tried it on a big piece of wood and I think sticking with the tried and true would be wise on that beautiful plug.

Mike
Apr 04, 2013, 08:58 AM
No fuse too fat
That thing looks great, Paul! I agree with Mike. Don't take any chances with the unknown on that beauty. You're almost there man!
Apr 04, 2013, 09:07 AM
No fuse too fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57sailplane
never made a mold but when i was a kid growing up i was big into making my bike go fast always spraying the WD. once i did it right outside the garage door wich was closed while my dad was spraying a 1969 impala rag top. it got fish eyes all over in it wich are like little pin hole bubles in the paint.
I'm surprised that you are still around to tell that story. So when do you get off restriction? Or was your dad really serious when he said, "restriction for life".
Apr 04, 2013, 09:34 PM
no not restricted. i got to water sand the whole car down because he was so pleased with me. lol man cars were a lot bigger back then..
Apr 08, 2013, 04:48 PM
So, how do we do a "Kickstarter" for Dutchy's Mold building party?

Presuming that ice cold Cerveza Pacifico must be well stocked for said event...

So if a video game can be funded at a record $4.3M what do you think the possibilities are for the FW109/ME190?
May 30, 2013, 01:12 AM
Thread OP

I have been inspired.

by this years slope event... still, it is a process.
May 30, 2013, 01:17 AM
That looks soooo great!

The PSS Fest was epic.

TomS
May 30, 2013, 01:23 AM
Just Toss It !!!
Craftsmen who can cut the parting board so accurately inspire me!
May 30, 2013, 02:29 AM
Silent Flight
Looking good!

-Jonathan
May 30, 2013, 07:11 AM
No fuse too fat
Wooohooooo! Dutchy's back on the Fockerschmitt! Hey, if you get the mold done in the next month or so, we can have a Fockerschmitt build thread going along side the New Zephyr build thread.
May 30, 2013, 07:39 AM
Nothing to see here...
The cut is so nice Dutchy ..!!
Really nice work...!!
I hope I can add one of these beauties my "small"shop.

Rubio
Last edited by 67econoline; May 30, 2013 at 07:45 AM.

Quick Reply