Thread Tools
May 23, 2019, 07:31 PM
Registered User
Zenoaheli's Avatar
extreme bloke,
like i said; you might be better off in a hot air balloon.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2019, 10:40 PM
Registered User
4stripes's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC
But this CS12 use is with 'keyed' hub parts for the blades - which are sharp squared edges, and that is where their weak point is. They have blown up on even 3KW, so that is the guideline/proof it can happen. Let alone higher power levels.
This means an analogy to any other use of fiber reinforcement use or case is irrelevant - seeing the proof of occurrence is here for the CS12 (numerous cases of).

Mind you, it seems YOURS has survived... so far. So that is interesting, somewhat impressive, of that specific CS12.
I have had a CS9012 blow up on 1800watts when I thought it was perfectly balanced. Never assume anything in this game.
May 23, 2019, 10:41 PM
Registered User
4stripes's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenoaheli
extreme bloke,
like i said; you might be better off in a hot air balloon.
Extreme knows his stuff and you can take his advice or leave it (at your peril).
May 23, 2019, 10:44 PM
Registered User
4stripes's Avatar
Time to inject a little humor...
"Safety 3rd", "No brain, no gain!"
Homemade Twin Turdos: Will Our DIY Forced Induction Make More Horsepower?? (11 min 40 sec)
May 24, 2019, 03:40 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes
I have had a CS9012 blow up on 1800watts when I thought it was perfectly balanced. Never assume anything in this game.

Is that why now they have CS 12blade 90 V3?
Better rotor?


.
May 24, 2019, 07:27 AM
Registered User
Zenoaheli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes
Extreme knows his stuff and you can take his advice or leave it (at your peril).
extreme has not yet entered this territory, yet his advise would be considered
May 24, 2019, 07:34 AM
Registered User
4stripes's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011
Is that why now they have CS 12blade 90 V3?
Better rotor?


.
Good question. I don't have one of the V3 type to compare.
May 24, 2019, 07:47 AM
The best in EDF since 2005
Extreme_RC's Avatar
LOL not entered what territory? I built up some of the first CS12 90 rotors into my custom CNC alloy shrouds when they first released the fan years ago. I had V2 and still have a couple sitting on the shelf, I did blade bonding, blade weighing, balancing, I had some perfect and others go bang, it would be pure madness for me to recommend something so unpredictable, duty of care outweighs sales any day.

And besides which the Jetfan rotor is superior in performance and in many installations sound too, and its not all that expensive for something that is 95-99% balanced out of the box and requires minimal work to get perfect. Its also bulletproof with superb quality components and precision manufacturing.

As for power levels, here is a little snippet of our Australian made 127mm ramtec fan, we are playing with over 10kw here and the fan could easily do a lot more thanks to the engineering and material quality in it.
Extreme RC's quick dirty 18 cell RAMTEC test with the new HET motor (1 min 30 sec)
Latest blog entry: Extreme RC AUSTRALIA
May 24, 2019, 08:19 AM
Registered User
Zenoaheli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC
LOL not entered what territory? I built up some of the first CS12 90 rotors into my custom CNC alloy shrouds when they first released the fan years ago. I had V2 and still have a couple sitting on the shelf, I did blade bonding, blade weighing, balancing, I had some perfect and others go bang, it would be pure madness for me to recommend something so unpredictable, duty of care outweighs sales any day.

And besides which the Jetfan rotor is superior in performance and in many installations sound too, and its not all that expensive for something that is 95-99% balanced out of the box and requires minimal work to get perfect. Its also bulletproof with superb quality components and precision manufacturing.

As for power levels, here is a little snippet of our Australian made 127mm ramtec fan, we are playing with over 10kw here and the fan could easily do a lot more thanks to the engineering and material quality in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocQla_egy0I
what are you talking about? the rotors are already built you just need to assemble them into the hub,

smooth sounding fan i must say, however at 160+ amps, i can imagine you will not get many cycles at 5000mah

i get my scale today, and so now i can wisely re assemble them in the hub and see if i can get my fan any smoother
May 24, 2019, 06:03 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Extreme_RC's Avatar
My post is clear, and the rotors being chucked together by the factory doesn't mean they are ready to go. Especially not back at the start with V1. As I said even gluing, weighing, balancing, dynamic balancing did not guarantee anything.

Our fan is 127mm and doesn't run on 5000mah packs, it runs on 10Ah packs, that's 45c packs running at 16c load WOT. Video clearly shows six 6s packs, series parallel...You can even run 3 of the cheap 6s8000mah 35c packs that are out there, load is still only 20c WOT, its the same as running a 5000mah pack at 100A in a 90mm fan which is a very common setup these days.
Latest blog entry: Extreme RC AUSTRALIA
May 27, 2019, 01:55 PM
Registered User
.


Gosh...
Just weigh the CS 12 90mm v1.
192gr vs. 90mm wemo evo 102gr.
Twice heavier than the evo... :-(


.
Last edited by flylow2011; May 27, 2019 at 06:03 PM.
May 27, 2019, 08:47 PM
Registered User
Zenoaheli's Avatar
The blades are very close. I used a blade to scrape material off and got them all almost exactly the same. I hope to see a smoother fan after i put it back in the jet.

Another reason you might hear more vibes is the fact that the rotor is not light over all.
May 27, 2019, 09:02 PM
Registered User
Zenoaheli's Avatar
The changesun fan is a really nice product for the price. A builder needs patience or else will get frustrated by small obstacles. Theres no other 90 fan there that can take this much power. Even a nice carbon fan could explode and end up costing you 10 times more, then who would you have to blame. If you give the fan full throttle right away chances are it will explode
May 27, 2019, 09:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenoaheli
The changesun fan is a really nice product for the price. A builder needs patience or else will get frustrated by small obstacles. Theres no other 90 fan there that can take this much power. Even a nice carbon fan could explode and end up costing you 10 times more, then who would you have to blame. If you give the fan full throttle right away chances are it will explode

Always use soft or very soft start on esc
For EDF...


.
May 29, 2019, 08:38 AM
Registered User
Zenoaheli's Avatar

Motor failure.


The fan can go kaboom at anytime! Im not sure what failed this time, looks like the magnet broke this time. Its an HET motor. I have had bad luck with ARC motors with the case coming apart. This one even bent the stubby 8mm shaft. .


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Zurich sun blocking sun-glasses $40 shipped MJB9 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 7 Oct 06, 2011 10:47 PM
Sold Zurich sun blocking sun-glasses $50 shipped MJB9 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Oct 05, 2011 09:14 PM
Sold Change Sun electric retracts Flip Flop Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 May 23, 2011 06:20 AM
Sold Change Sun Electronic retracts w/Lander struts hole digger Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 May 06, 2011 01:27 PM
Video 6 and 12 blade 90mm fan sound test tom bacsanyi Electric Plane Talk 3 Dec 10, 2009 08:01 PM