Thread Tools
Sep 06, 2012, 11:47 AM
3DHOG
jcdfrd's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumax
Sorry, I'm not ignoring you, I just can't promote my products in another vendor's thread, I'll be reported for spamming. I didn't come here looking for a fight, BTW, someone repeatedly attacked me. I don't understand why people expect me to just sit by and take it, I doubt they would.
+100!!!
I completely agree with your position Stu, love the analogy(from a previous post) it was spot on
Last edited by jcdfrd; Sep 06, 2012 at 01:02 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2012, 12:01 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
Edited
Last edited by SkylineFlyer; Sep 06, 2012 at 02:10 PM.
Sep 06, 2012, 06:27 PM
Registered User
erh7771's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer
Fiddy Jets?!?! Where on earth do you store them all?
Proverbial "50 jets"...

Closer to 15, i do plan on having 50 though...I have the kits...I take it i have 50yrs of these bones left...I'll get to them
Sep 06, 2012, 08:37 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771
Proverbial "50 jets"...

Closer to 15, i do plan on having 50 though...I have the kits...I take it i have 50yrs of these bones left...I'll get to them
Well, even 15 is impressive! The most I ever have at a given time ranges between 2-4. I'm at 4 right now. 3 suck. 1 sucks a little less.
Sep 06, 2012, 08:47 PM
world's slowest builder
Air-Jon's Avatar
Try rounding the intakes on the one that sucks a little less...then it might suck as well as the other 3
Sep 06, 2012, 08:52 PM
world's slowest builder
Air-Jon's Avatar
So I am waiting for a definite answer on the new heavier blades as to them being any better. I guess i should just get a new rotor and try it out...or just switch to something else.
Sep 06, 2012, 08:59 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Jon
Try rounding the intakes on the one that sucks a little less...then it might suck as well as the other 3
Thats funny.
Sep 06, 2012, 09:08 PM
world's slowest builder
Air-Jon's Avatar
Glad you like the dry EDF humor!
Sep 06, 2012, 09:12 PM
world's slowest builder
Air-Jon's Avatar
I think my plan going forward will be to fly the SC12 and HET 700-68-1400 on 6s for now. Then when I get the new rotor assembled and balanced...install and go to 7s. That should be about 2500 watts. The other option is to get a 700-68-1200 to run on 8S which will also end up around 2500 watts. I really like the sound of this fan...its what is making me hang on...and the time i have spent on it.
Sep 06, 2012, 10:05 PM
Registered User
HET 700-68-1400Kv TYPHOON 8MM SHAFT
This would be the go.... because as you mentioned, you get the 6S path also. And there are 'cheap but fine' 7S capable ESC's, for that move to higher Watts that way.
Sep 07, 2012, 01:42 AM
scunna
scunna's Avatar
Het 1400 kv 6s 1750 watts on 6s on 8s it is 3200
Sep 07, 2012, 01:53 AM
Registered User
3200W... wow.
Hmmm, I only have 6S numbers, and about 1700W seems right. Ongoing I mean... not a 2 second wonder peak.
But 7S should be 2200W area, and 8S 2800W area, by my extrapolations off other motors and other tests. None done for 8S, so there is a bit of chance the efficiency decrease bumps up the Watts.... but I would still be thinking only out to 3000W at worst, if it were the case. Even at 3000W I wouldn't really want to be using it (too much power wasted for non-linear return). Plus the HET would be 'hating' it by then! lol
Sep 07, 2012, 02:26 AM
The blade numbers go up to 11
stumax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd
+100!!!
I completely agree with your position Stu, love the analogy(from a previous post) it was spot on
Cheers, watch your ankles!

Stu.
Sep 08, 2012, 02:08 AM
scunna
scunna's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC
3200W... wow.
Hmmm, I only have 6S numbers, and about 1700W seems right. Ongoing I mean... not a 2 second wonder peak.
But 7S should be 2200W area, and 8S 2800W area, by my extrapolations off other motors and other tests. None done for 8S, so there is a bit of chance the efficiency decrease bumps up the Watts.... but I would still be thinking only out to 3000W at worst, if it were the case. Even at 3000W I wouldn't really want to be using it (too much power wasted for non-linear return). Plus the HET would be 'hating' it by then! lol
Yes 8s gives 3200 watts


changesun 12 blade fan 90mm 700-68 1400kv 8s 4400 65-130c nanotech lipos (3 min 25 sec)
Sep 08, 2012, 02:10 AM
scunna
scunna's Avatar
Theres no heat sink on my motor ( no room for it) working ok!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Zurich sun blocking sun-glasses $40 shipped MJB9 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 7 Oct 06, 2011 10:47 PM
Sold Zurich sun blocking sun-glasses $50 shipped MJB9 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Oct 05, 2011 09:14 PM
Sold Change Sun electric retracts Flip Flop Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 May 23, 2011 06:20 AM
Sold Change Sun Electronic retracts w/Lander struts hole digger Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 May 06, 2011 01:27 PM
Video 6 and 12 blade 90mm fan sound test tom bacsanyi Electric Plane Talk 3 Dec 10, 2009 07:01 PM