May 03, 2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
4074-1400kv motor - 44usd
190-200 amp esc on 6s an 8s - 30 usd
CS 12blade\90mm fan 0 30usd

6s\6.5lbs\80amps\22volts
8s\9.5lbs peak\around 9lbs settle\105amps\28.7votls

Also, do you want to put that much thrust through that plane?

Seems like there will be have to be a lot of reinforcement

I'm getting old...I think
according to hobbykings website the 200amp esc will only handle 8s, are you running on 8s with no problems?
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
according to hobbykings website the 200amp esc will only handle 8s, are you running on 8s with no problems?
Here you go, just wanting to post this cause folk are asking via PM now...get them BEFORE SUPPO changes the FET tolerances

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...17&postcount=7
May 03, 2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Instead of that ESC I would pay a couple of bucks more to get the K-Force 100 which is able of bursts up to 150 and has tons of settings and can easily run this fan smoothly with great throttle resolution

I was running that ESC at 137amps peak on another plane for over a year. then installed it with a 6s and the 4082 1600kv motor and the CS fan without limiting the throttle on another plane.. still going strong. .
KForce is only spec'd to 6s no?
May 05, 2012, 02:44 AM
My 190/200's are only the "4 options" models..... BAH !!!
May 05, 2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
My 190/200's are only the "4 options" models..... BAH !!!
It wont say 8s on it
May 05, 2012, 08:39 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
KForce is only spec'd to 6s no?
yes and the 190-200 up to 7s :/
May 05, 2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
yes and the 190-200 up to 7s :/
KForce fets are around 26volts SUPPO are around 33 and the reason why it can do 8s but only voltage protect to 7s
May 05, 2012, 01:49 PM
Lee Liddle
Are there markings on the fets to check?
May 05, 2012, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle View Post
Are there markings on the fets to check?
Yes...I do remember seeing them long ago but don't recall them off the top of my head.

I tried the SUPPO 90\100 on 8s and it was a no go..

The HK 50\60 is also an 8s, I think the 190\200 uses same FETs but 3 boards of them vs just 1
May 05, 2012, 09:28 PM
No... I mean there are two versions. One version has 6 settings, the other has 4 settings. The 4 settings version have no timing settings available. They are fixed.
But I also don't know if the 4 and 6 settings versions are identical in other respects either, seeing all mine are 4 settings versions (3). Bought over a fairly long period... the first one maybe 8 weeks or so ago. All from HobbyKing Int. (They have stock in Aust still, so maybe they have 6 settings version ones.).
May 05, 2012, 09:39 PM
As for settings... I am getting a bit bored of them.....
Across 4 different ESC's I have gone through every combination of TIming and Switching that they have (some more choices than others) and not one changes a thing in results. No current change, no thrust change. Across all the motors I have tried - 3126-1300, 1600, XK4074, XK3674, Stock Starmax 1660.
Immeasurable change ( and I video all tests so I can check over them later in finer detail than real-time).

The only changes I have seen are at high timing, when once a motor went a bit spastic with that, which made logical sense to me. So apart from those earlier intentional tests to see what timing/switiching could ever change, I have never gone above Low or Med (if it had those) timing again, or above 8Khz.
Well, I still get inquisitive now and then and make all the effort of the slow TX re-programming sequence for an ESC..... and still never see any changes.

I guess there is a bit of possibility that all my cases have battery source issues as a limit to current, and thus all settings still end up easily running the motor to that level anyway?? I don't know, but that sounds like a chance.
Though I did parallel up batteries to make sure there were no current limitations for a few tests at one stage - and probably never did timing/switching changes for those.
Oh no.... that mean I might have to do all of that again, just to prove it.... sigh. LOL.
May 05, 2012, 09:46 PM
And for some unknown reason I went and tested the 3126-1300kv heli motor again....
A long run, to see how hot it does get over time.
Still pathetic thrust really, 2.3Kg (peak 2.5 or so), so it is not an overly good power output solution. But it didn't get excessively hot at least.... oh yeah, that was why....

I re-tested it in my cut down CS12 (all are cut down now) which gives it far more open air access to ariflow. So that seemed to help, compared to the first tests with full CS12 housing.

But on the cool down run I could hear the bearing(s) is not entirely happy (normal) anymore. It still ran fine again and only makes the bit of noise at lower RPM.
Being a heli motor I would suspect it does not have bearing made to take longitudal loads (like in prop/EDF) - seeing heli's will only put lateral load on the motor bearing. Thus its lifespan is not likely to be anywhere near as good as for a proper prop/EDF designed motor. Mind you.... who knows if ANY of these Made In China cheapies even account for longitudal thrust in any case! LOL
I would hope they do! And I believe they would. But probably not in the 3126 (any heli) series motors.
May 05, 2012, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
And for some unknown reason I went and tested the 3126-1300kv heli motor again....
A long run, to see how hot it does get over time.
Still pathetic thrust really, 2.3Kg (peak 2.5 or so), so it is not an overly good power output solution. But it didn't get excessively hot at least.... oh yeah, that was why....

I re-tested it in my cut down CS12 (all are cut down now) which gives it far more open air access to ariflow. So that seemed to help, compared to the first tests with full CS12 housing.

But on the cool down run I could hear the bearing(s) is not entirely happy (normal) anymore. It still ran fine again and only makes the bit of noise at lower RPM.
Being a heli motor I would suspect it does not have bearing made to take longitudal loads (like in prop/EDF) - seeing heli's will only put lateral load on the motor bearing. Thus its lifespan is not likely to be anywhere near as good as for a proper prop/EDF designed motor. Mind you.... who knows if ANY of these Made In China cheapies even account for longitudal thrust in any case! LOL
I would hope they do! And I believe they would. But probably not in the 3126 (any heli) series motors.
I got 6.6lbs of thrust at 80 amps with that same motor on 23volts in the CS12 fan
May 05, 2012, 11:30 PM
Lee Liddle
Quote:
Yes...I do remember seeing them long ago but don't recall them off the top of my head.

I tried the SUPPO 90\100 on 8s and it was a no go..

The HK 50\60 is also an 8s, I think the 190\200 uses same FETs but 3 boards of them vs just 1

Thanks, I`ve ordered 3 of them from the US warehouse.
May 06, 2012, 06:11 AM
Going to maiden my super sniper xl today with a cs fan on 8s will try and get some video

Quick Reply