New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:59 PM
Extreme_RC is offline
Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Extreme_RC's Avatar
Outrunners will never be as efficient as inrunners, and by the very nature of their windings being internal, the heat soak is decieving especially into the magnets. Inrunners have their windings around the outside of the magnets, and heat transfers through the thin alloy sleeve, add the motor to an alloy fan shroud and you have a very effective heatsink and a long lasting setup that can handle hi power and hi ambient temps.

Anyone using 60% thrust tube is doing something very wrong, 80% is the best target diameter for balance of velocity and amp draw, maybe 75% in a pinch.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:51 AM
mandoman is offline
Find More Posts by mandoman
Registered User
mandoman's Avatar
Mannyman,

I have the Tacon 1700 on this fan on 6S 4400 40C, it ran 93 amps, 6.2 lbf Fn at max without inlet or tailpipe on 23.5V. ~ 2200 W. just barely warm after several 30 second runs. Don't know if the kv is accurate or not.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:44 AM
Mannyman535 is offline
Find More Posts by Mannyman535
edf flyer
Mannyman535's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoman View Post
Mannyman,

I have the Tacon 1700 on this fan on 6S 4400 40C, it ran 93 amps, 6.2 lbf Fn at max without inlet or tailpipe on 23.5V. ~ 2200 W. just barely warm after several 30 second runs. Don't know if the kv is accurate or not.
Mandoman
Thanks. What esc are you using.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:09 AM
mandoman is offline
Find More Posts by mandoman
Registered User
mandoman's Avatar
Hobbywing 100A HV, but may have to upgrade to a 120A or 150A to handle the high current, 93A is a bit too close to the rated current for comfort.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 09:32 AM
Bill Diedrich is offline
Find More Posts by Bill Diedrich
Registered User
Bill Diedrich's Avatar
So on average it seems like a 1400kv motor on 7 cells is a good
medium or "sweet spot" for this fan unit to get in the region of
7-8 pounds of thrust with around a 90-95% exit on the exhaust cone.......
Comments welcome, as I don't have a lot of capitol to spend on a bunch
of motors that may not work to well.

I'm thinking HET 700-68-1400 or the 700-83-1445 with a 100-150 ESC
Am I close on what I'm looking for, this will be in a jet of a re-design,
modified Bill Evans Simitar Pole Star, will have retracts, estimated
weight of 7 1/2 pounds RTF.

Bill D.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 10:17 AM
erh7771 is online now
Find More Posts by erh7771
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Diedrich View Post
So on average it seems like a 1400kv motor on 7 cells is a good...
That's for the 1400kv "turnigy" 40mm diameter car motor. Drill cooling holes in it and prolly can go around 3500 watts and lost a step

Quote:
....medium or "sweet spot" for this fan unit to get in the region of
7-8 pounds of thrust with around a 90-95% exit on the exhaust cone.......
Comments welcome, as I don't have a lot of capitol to spend on a bunch
of motors that may not work to well...
Shoot, wish I had the time to put the HK L3025 1500kv motor I just tested in plane but I honestly think it'll do. If you have a 5000mah 6s pack around 30c it'll push the motor for some time and that motor is 16usd. It does 7.1lbs settled at 90amps and I bench ran it for 8mins and used 4500mah of a Turnigy 40c pack 5amp pack doing it and it get rid of the heat pretty good and kept a good portion of it's RPM properties in tack....it was greasy but I think that's a good thing.

Quote:
...I'm thinking HET 700-68-1400 or the 700-83-1445 with a 100-150 ESC
Am I close on what I'm looking for, this will be in a jet of a re-design,
modified Bill Evans Simitar Pole Star, will have retracts, estimated
weight of 7 1/2 pounds RTF. Bill D.
What cell count are you thinking of using?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2012, 10:45 AM
Bill Diedrich is offline
Find More Posts by Bill Diedrich
Registered User
Bill Diedrich's Avatar
[QUOTE=

...I'm thinking HET 700-68-1400 or the 700-83-1445 with a 100-150 ESC
Am I close on what I'm looking for, this will be in a jet of a re-design,
modified Bill Evans Simitar Pole Star, will have retracts, estimated
weight of 7 1/2 pounds RTF.


What cell count are you thinking of using?[/QUOTE]

7 cells 5000mah 40C 3&4 cell in series
Old Mar 01, 2012, 11:54 AM
koren9 is offline
Find More Posts by koren9
Registered User
koren9's Avatar
Hi ,
I'm going to run the H3126 1300kv with this fan , now since it's an outrunner - the wires are in the front , what is the best way to route them to the ESC ?

Thank you ,
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:16 PM
erh7771 is online now
Find More Posts by erh7771
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by koren9 View Post
Hi ,
I'm going to run the H3126 1300kv with this fan , now since it's an outrunner - the wires are in the front , what is the best way to route them to the ESC ?

Thank you ,
I drilling a hole right near one of the stators ..as close as I could get the hole around 3\8"
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:31 PM
koren9 is offline
Find More Posts by koren9
Registered User
koren9's Avatar
Do u have a pic by any chance ? you mean drilling the plastic mount right ?
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:55 PM
SCALECRAFT is offline
Find More Posts by SCALECRAFT
Registered User
Picked up 3 more CS12/90mm. Couldn't pass up the HK deal with 8mm adapter also.

Along with 3 haoya 7/90mm. I like those.

Hope they don't blow up.

Steve
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:39 PM
bobbit4447 is offline
Find More Posts by bobbit4447
Fly it like you stole it !
bobbit4447's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by koren9 View Post
Do u have a pic by any chance ? you mean drilling the plastic mount right ?
You will have to drill 2 holes - I used a dremel with 90 Deg attachment & milling bits. As there are 4 motor mounting positions & 7 guide vanes, rotate motor to check which of the 4 positions puts the hole best between the guide vanes. The other hole is in the outer case radially outward from the 1st hole.
Make sense?

Bob
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:56 PM
koren9 is offline
Find More Posts by koren9
Registered User
koren9's Avatar
OK now I got you , It should be easy , thank you very my friend
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:14 PM
mopetista is online now
Find More Posts by mopetista
Registered User

CS 12 vs Haoye 7


Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALECRAFT View Post
Picked up 3 more CS12/90mm....

Along with 3 haoya 7/90mm. I like those...

Steve
Steve, do you know how those two (Haoye 7-blade and CS 12-blade) compare in terms of amps draw? (I guess they would be similar, the Haoye drawing slightl less, but that is just guessing on my part - regarding efficiency they will be similar, too, but the CS sounds better...)
thanks! Clemens
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:44 PM
erh7771 is online now
Find More Posts by erh7771
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopetista View Post
Steve, do you know how those two (Haoye 7-blade and CS 12-blade) compare in terms of amps draw? (I guess they would be similar, the Haoye drawing slightl less, but that is just guessing on my part - regarding efficiency they will be similar, too, but the CS sounds better...)
thanks! Clemens
VERY similar watt\thrust,

I was trying to get this CS 90 12blade sound out of the haoye 7 for a while, wish i knew about ducting then
RCG Plus Member


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Zurich sun blocking sun-glasses $40 shipped MJB9 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 7 Oct 06, 2011 11:47 PM
Sold Zurich sun blocking sun-glasses $50 shipped MJB9 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Oct 05, 2011 10:14 PM
Sold Change Sun electric retracts Flip Flop Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 May 23, 2011 07:20 AM
Sold Change Sun Electronic retracts w/Lander struts hole digger Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 May 06, 2011 02:27 PM
Video 6 and 12 blade 90mm fan sound test tom bacsanyi Electric Plane Talk 3 Dec 10, 2009 08:01 PM