Thread Tools
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:17 PM
Daemon is online now
Find More Posts by Daemon
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Why would you assume that?
RSSI only cares about two wires. Signal and ground.
Signal should go to the signal pin, and ground to the ground pin.
There should be nothing on the +V pin (which is 5V, and is why you see that).

ian
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:00 PM
MASHTON is offline
Find More Posts by MASHTON
Registered User
Ordered one about 30 minutes ago. Now the wait begins. Sid said about a week. I can't wait..
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:47 PM
Pathfinder22 is offline
Find More Posts by Pathfinder22
Registered User

Headtracker


Quote:
Originally Posted by CN I Dawg View Post
This one works fine and does not drift. http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=753



Did you just cut the end off the Futaba cable and splice to the plug that came w/ the range link?
Old May 01, 2012, 12:12 AM
h0tr0d is offline
Find More Posts by h0tr0d
FPV FTW
h0tr0d's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASHTON View Post
Ordered one about 30 minutes ago. Now the wait begins. Sid said about a week. I can't wait..
Nice Mashton! Welcome to the party!


@brifa - here you go man:


As far as the rx goes, the ground (black wire) lines up with the rest of the grounds on the rx.
Old May 01, 2012, 12:24 AM
AleG is offline
Find More Posts by AleG
Registered User
AleG's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Why would you assume that?
RSSI only cares about two wires. Signal and ground.
Signal should go to the signal pin, and ground to the ground pin.
There should be nothing on the +V pin (which is 5V, and is why you see that).

ian
Thanks, I'll try that.
Old May 01, 2012, 04:56 AM
sid.huang is offline
Find More Posts by sid.huang
Chinglish-funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by karolpenconek View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkoHQ8YRdM4

Flown on Rangelink, stock antennas and all time 200mW mode

My plane:








FPV Base:


Multiplex Twinstar II fpv
35-30 motors and 30A escs
4s 12Ah lipo
rvosd 5
rangelink UHF LRS
1.3ghz 800mW vtx + 13 dbi double biquad antenna in base
Pixim 690tvl camera
Nice , Great work, Many thanks for your share.


Sid
Old May 01, 2012, 09:24 AM
AleG is offline
Find More Posts by AleG
Registered User
AleG's Avatar
Wired the RSSI as per Daemon suggestion and it works perfect...

Now another issue, the transmitter completely kills the video signal if placed at half a meter or less from the Vx receiver (at 200mW output). I have the video link set at 1360GHz but I tried all the other frequencies, from 1080 up and still it completely swamps the receiver. Is this normal? normally I stand between 1 and 2 meters from the receiver when I'm flying, I wonder how much will this affect the range.

The video Tx is a 1.3GHz 400mW unit from BEVRC and the matching receiver, using CP and SPW antennas.
Old May 01, 2012, 09:57 AM
Bauf is offline
Find More Posts by Bauf
Registered User
You dont have that issue with the new firmware, try updating the rx and tx to latest firmware.
Old May 01, 2012, 10:17 AM
CN I Dawg is offline
Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Crash=start of next project
CN I Dawg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder22 View Post
Did you just cut the end off the Futaba cable and splice to the plug that came w/ the range link?
Yes. Be sure to measure continuity on the Futaba plug, compare to Futaba plug pin out diagram (here on RCGroups, search) and connect accordingly to RL using plug/cable that came with your RL. I wish I had saved my research so you wouldn't have to repeat it but I didn't.
Old May 01, 2012, 10:21 AM
AleG is offline
Find More Posts by AleG
Registered User
AleG's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauf View Post
You dont have that issue with the new firmware, try updating the rx and tx to latest firmware.
I just updated the firmware on the receiver and transmitters, I thought I had the latest (I ordered the RL last March). The firmware in the Rx was 1.23 and in the Tx 1.26, I updated to 1.24 and 1.27 respectively.
Things improved, now the video gets swamped at half or one third the distance from the RL Tx and video Rx, for the 200mW setting it's about 10 to 20 cm.
Old May 01, 2012, 10:34 AM
sid.huang is offline
Find More Posts by sid.huang
Chinglish-funny
v1.23/v1.27 vs v1.24/v1.27 Just add link quality indicator/rf rssi selectable feature. may something wrong with your install.

so I think that vrx dont include good rf front design. try like lawmate vrx.
and why you need put vrx close to uhf tx? can you show me the install pics?



Sid
Old May 01, 2012, 10:34 AM
h0tr0d is offline
Find More Posts by h0tr0d
FPV FTW
h0tr0d's Avatar
@AleG - If you want to continue to use that vrx, you'll need to purchase a long video cable and place it far away from your UHF transmitter when flying and use a directional antenna. The poor filtering in the vrx is to blame. Look into getting a racewood (tan 4 channel) or lawmate receiver. Saw modding the digital rx will help some, but not eliminate it entirely.

-Pat

Edit: Sorry, missed where you stated what vrx you had.
Last edited by h0tr0d; May 01, 2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old May 01, 2012, 12:43 PM
AleG is offline
Find More Posts by AleG
Registered User
AleG's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d View Post
@AleG - If you want to continue to use that vrx, you'll need to purchase a long video cable and place it far away from your UHF transmitter when flying and use a directional antenna. The poor filtering in the vrx is to blame. Look into getting a racewood (tan 4 channel) or lawmate receiver. Saw modding the digital rx will help some, but not eliminate it entirely.

-Pat

Edit: Sorry, missed where you stated what vrx you had.
Yeah, I guessed it may be a not so good video Rx... good thing my web debit card conked out just as I was ordering a second one a week or so ago.

So either I get a Lawmate or Racewood 1.3 receiver or I just move over to 2.4GHz for the video link.
Old May 01, 2012, 02:11 PM
Daemon is online now
Find More Posts by Daemon
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
I use a saw filter modded 4ch Racewood Rx, and have no issues at all with UHF Tx noise.
All the Rxs with the digital ch display (often referred to simply as a "digital Rx") are known to have
the problem you're experiencing. As far as I'm concerned, they're junk.

ian
Old May 01, 2012, 03:38 PM
AleG is offline
Find More Posts by AleG
Registered User
AleG's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
I use a saw filter modded 4ch Racewood Rx, and have no issues at all with UHF Tx noise.
All the Rxs with the digital ch display (often referred to simply as a "digital Rx") are known to have
the problem you're experiencing. As far as I'm concerned, they're junk.

ian
Is it necessary to modify the Racewood Rx to avoid interference? If I'm going to buy a new receiver I'd rather get one that works straight away. Any suggestions?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! NEW DRAGON LINK ADVANCED: Full Telemetry, Bluetooth, Droid Planner, Data Modem JettPilot FPV Equipment 54825 Today 01:21 AM
New Product ChainLink UHF Long Range System siim227 FPV Talk 2853 Jul 01, 2013 05:23 PM
New Product ChainLink--The new UHF narrow band long range system BEVRC FPV Talk 878 Jun 08, 2013 07:53 PM
New Product UHF Long range JR / Futaba module Hooks FPV Talk 18 Aug 13, 2012 06:46 AM
Sold [VDS]LRS thomas scherrer UHF + 2 receivers long range LTS49 FPV Equipment (FS/W) 8 Jul 22, 2011 04:55 PM