New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:45 AM
Teamsherman is offline
Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt View Post
Build a buffer to amplifier the signal. You'll want a non-inverting opamp circuit with a gain of ~3 .
Is there any info on how to do this?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:53 AM
Bilox is offline
Find More Posts by Bilox
Registered Crasher
Bilox's Avatar
Does anyone have a link explaining how to do the firmware upgrade?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:14 AM
Cir2kuk is offline
Find More Posts by Cir2kuk
Chris R
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=352541

Bottom of that page.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:15 AM
tuongnhu is offline
Find More Posts by tuongnhu
Registered User
Hi Sid,

I just received the RangeLink set from you this morning. It looks great. Thanks for your good services.

I am going to mod my DX7 following the article here:
Interfacing Spektrum DX7 to either DragonLink, EzUHF, Thomas Sherrer, or ChainLink LRS



Because I don't have the quality 5 pins switched stereo 3.5mm female jack (the cheap one at my local shop is too bad, unuseable), I just only have the good 3 pin stereo 3.5mm female jack with no switches,

I would like to know If I just solder the ground pin, PPM pin and the V+ pin from the J2 connector at DX7 mainboard side in the picture above to the 3.5mm female jack for connecting with RangeLink Tx, will it work with no issue?

I don't care about the 2.4Ghz and 433Mhz transmitter working at the same time. I only care about if it will have an issue.

Thank you!
(Sorry about my bad English )
Last edited by tuongnhu; Apr 27, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:07 PM
flashervn is offline
Find More Posts by flashervn
Registered User
Hi Sid,
I got my RL. Fast shipping, thanks. Units that shipped in April, what firmware do they have on?

Cheers,
Minh
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:46 PM
Teamsherman is offline
Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
because JR radio out ac ppm signal, and old tx cannt handle this.

"Old Tx PPM input, ensures compatibility with 3.3v thru 12.0v PPM levels.(DC)"



Sid
Then how come it works after doing a few random things like power RL, then plug in ppm, Un-power RL, power RL and bingo, it works! It's not always that same routine but I can usually get it working after a while, and once it works it stays working till I turn it off. If there is no fix for it then so be it I'll just play the plug game but I still would like to be able to have it work first go every go?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:44 PM
Locko is offline
Find More Posts by Locko
Registered User
Locko's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Then how come it works after doing a few random things like power RL, then plug in ppm, Un-power RL, power RL and bingo, it works! It's not always that same routine but I can usually get it working after a while, and once it works it stays working till I turn it off. If there is no fix for it then so be it I'll just play the plug game but I still would like to be able to have it work first go every go?
Its abit on a worry not working every time, I'd be worry about failing mid flight.
Have you tryed a 2nd pnp cable?, to just confirm its not the cable
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:14 PM
Teamsherman is offline
Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
The cable works flawlessly on three other radios (DX8, Eurgle 9X and Turnigy 9X) so I think it's something to do with my JR PPM strength. I just have no idea how to boost it.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:01 AM
sid.huang is offline
Find More Posts by sid.huang
Chinglish-funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuongnhu View Post
Hi Sid,

I just received the RangeLink set from you this morning. It looks great. Thanks for your good services.

I am going to mod my DX7 following the article here:
Interfacing Spektrum DX7 to either DragonLink, EzUHF, Thomas Sherrer, or ChainLink LRS



Because I don't have the quality 5 pins switched stereo 3.5mm female jack (the cheap one at my local shop is too bad, unuseable), I just only have the good 3 pin stereo 3.5mm female jack with no switches,

I would like to know If I just solder the ground pin, PPM pin and the V+ pin from the J2 connector at DX7 mainboard side in the picture above to the 3.5mm female jack for connecting with RangeLink Tx, will it work with no issue?

I don't care about the 2.4Ghz and 433Mhz transmitter working at the same time. I only care about if it will have an issue.

Thank you!
(Sorry about my bad English )
Yes, you can do that, but still recommand you used the 5 pins switched stereo 3.5mm female jack. You just wanna to use the same battery right?
if not you directly to used the trainer port. with pnp cable 2.


Sid
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:04 AM
sid.huang is offline
Find More Posts by sid.huang
Chinglish-funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashervn View Post
Hi Sid,
I got my RL. Fast shipping, thanks. Units that shipped in April, what firmware do they have on?

Cheers,
Minh
tx v1.26/ rx v1.23; if you dont wanna to use the link qulity indicator,no need to do upgrade.



Sid
Old Apr 28, 2012, 01:34 AM
tuongnhu is offline
Find More Posts by tuongnhu
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
Yes, you can do that, but still recommand you used the 5 pins switched stereo 3.5mm female jack. You just wanna to use the same battery right?
if not you directly to used the trainer port. with pnp cable 2.
Sid
Yes, I want to use one battery for both dx7 and RL Tx
Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:40 AM
Teamsherman is offline
Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
The cable works flawlessly on three other radios (DX8, Eurgle 9X and Turnigy 9X) so I think it's something to do with my JR PPM strength. I just have no idea how to boost it.
Anyone?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:01 AM
tuongnhu is offline
Find More Posts by tuongnhu
Registered User
You shound take a look at this tutorial: (your JR tx should be similar)
Interfacing Spektrum DX7 to either DragonLink, EzUHF, Thomas Sherrer, or ChainLink LRS

It said that the PPM’s signal power of the trainer port is a lot weaker than the internal PPM bus signal . So the solution is getting the PPM signal from the internal PPM bus, no need to have any extra booster.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:18 AM
Teamsherman is offline
Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
Hmmm, I think I may have to just use my DX8 when I get it back. I really don't want to screw around with the internals.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:24 AM
Bilox is offline
Find More Posts by Bilox
Registered Crasher
Bilox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cir2kuk View Post
Anyone else having trouble un-zipping the revision3.zip?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! NEW DRAGON LINK ADVANCED: Full Telemetry, Bluetooth, Droid Planner, Data Modem JettPilot FPV Equipment 54879 Today 08:09 AM
New Product ChainLink UHF Long Range System siim227 FPV Talk 2853 Jul 01, 2013 05:23 PM
New Product ChainLink--The new UHF narrow band long range system BEVRC FPV Talk 878 Jun 08, 2013 07:53 PM
New Product UHF Long range JR / Futaba module Hooks FPV Talk 18 Aug 13, 2012 06:46 AM
Sold [VDS]LRS thomas scherrer UHF + 2 receivers long range LTS49 FPV Equipment (FS/W) 8 Jul 22, 2011 04:55 PM