Oct 18, 2011, 06:49 PM
Chinglish-funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarnacki View Post
My experience also. I really need a filter for my chainlink but I wish I had known the rangelink would be coming out. Sid or Davorz, do you sell an addon LPF for my chainlink or is there any way to "upgrade" from CL to rangelink?

- Jeff
FILTER LOW PASS 600MHZ SMA - CLPFL-0600 - Filters

http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/194...lpfl-0600.html

http://www.crystek.com/microwave/spe...CLPFL-0600.pdf

GOOD for chainlink;

Sid
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2011, 10:35 PM
I have a chainlink and sunsky 1280MHz tx/rx. I was getting a lot of noise when the chainlink was close to the rx. I replaced the saw filter with one from ready made rc and it made a huge difference. I hardly notice noise any more.
Oct 19, 2011, 04:11 AM
RC pilot by soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by peatmoss View Post
I have a chainlink and sunsky 1280MHz tx/rx. I was getting a lot of noise when the chainlink was close to the rx. I replaced the saw filter with one from ready made rc and it made a huge difference. I hardly notice noise any more.
Can you please link to that saw filter ?
is this also the one peope are putting in the Lawmate Rx ?
Oct 19, 2011, 07:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm
Can you please link to that saw filter ?
is this also the one peope are putting in the Lawmate Rx ?
I have it in Lawmate, you get some extra dB+ with new SAW and this video rx from Sunsky what have inside same SAW dont have problems with interferences

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...3&cat=0&page=1
Oct 19, 2011, 08:24 AM
Engineer for Christ
@sid - How are you dealing with packet loss? Do you have a digital check signal to resychronize the system on packet loss? This has been a killer of module based FHSS and causes lock outs. Have you opened up the filter on the RX a bit wider to catch the band extremes or are you relying on the filter to move with the signal to increase sensitivity?

Just curious how this differs from every other LRS out there. Typically it's the implimentation, not the hardware that is the hurdle. What does your latency pattern look like with 20mS packets?

-Alex
Oct 19, 2011, 08:30 AM
Engineer for Christ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavorVZ View Post
mate i have tested and this, only on one cheap video rx i get some interference when UHF tx was closer that 1m, only on 1320/1360MHz
on Lawmate is picture cristal clear in all conditions, from 1040-1280MHz
That's simply because of RF swamping. Not out of band noise. The cheap RX's have a weak front end. Ever wonder how they can pick up a video signal clearly on a completely different channel?

I like that the LPF is in the unit. Can you do a 20mS spot capture with an analyzer with the LPF and without? It would be interesting to see how it looks.

-Alex
Oct 19, 2011, 09:23 AM
Balsa addict
Sorry if mentioned before.

Can two or more Rangelink systems operate together without any problems?. Has this system been tested alongside other UHF systems?. My brothers DragonLink goes into failsafe when i turn on my EZuhf.

Not looking to start a sh*t fight, just weighing up my options. I want to fly FPV alongside my brother.... that's all.

Cheers, Kev.
Last edited by Kev.au; Oct 19, 2011 at 09:28 AM.
Oct 19, 2011, 09:34 AM
Chinglish-funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.au View Post

Can two or more Rangelink systems operate together without any problems?. Has this system been tested alongside other UHF systems?. My brothers DragonLink goes into failsafe when i turn on my EZuhf.

Not looking to start a sh*t fight, just weighing up my options. I want to fly FPV alongside my brother.... that's all.

Cheers, Kev.
yes, two rangelink can be work fine with together. also support multimaster mode (maybe u need this feature);

blog:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=352541

Sid
Last edited by sid.huang; Oct 19, 2011 at 09:40 AM.
Oct 19, 2011, 10:37 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.au View Post

Cheers, Kev.
o yea, it can work together, i will show you in a hour, video is in upload process
I make short video for MultiMaster Mode, 2 UHF side by side, there is no interferences
Oct 19, 2011, 11:40 AM
Thread OP
MultiMaster Mode in action

RangeLink MultiMaster Mode (1 min 32 sec)
Oct 19, 2011, 11:51 AM
Balsa addict
1:30 in that video the servo movement is jittery, my brothers DL does that from time to time, turn power off then on and it goes. It's almost like a computer, needs time to reboot or the fact that the tx sticks are moving while the RL is trying to reconnect.

Or i could be seeing things.

Cheers, Kev.
Oct 19, 2011, 12:10 PM
Thread OP
No mate, i have some bad square connector on Futaba trainer port and it lose PPM out, only this is problem, and servo settings on both rc unit is not identical (trim,reverse) so when i switch from Master1 to Master2 looks like jitter
Oct 19, 2011, 12:25 PM
Thread OP
One more short video, there is no interferences between 2 RangeLink TX, you can fly with brother side by side

RangeLink side by side test (0 min 46 sec)
Oct 19, 2011, 12:37 PM
Balsa addict
Quote:
No mate, i have some bad square connector on Futaba trainer port and it lose PPM out, only this is problem, and servo settings on both rc unit is not identical (trim,reverse) so when i switch from Master1 to Master2 looks like jitter
oh, ok.

Always reassuring seeing a video and not just text. might try and talk my brother into this system.

Cheers, Kev.
Oct 19, 2011, 12:38 PM
fast
Quote:
too simple
anyone can switch old 72mhz radios and get the same effect

our receivers track stick position of each transmitter and mix channels - that's MultiMaster.

Quick Reply