Oct 11, 2011, 03:07 PM
wish you released a module based version, like rmilec,
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2011, 03:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1
wish you released a module based version, like rmilec,
as i know for now is that option not in game, for this all parts need to be created from zero, maybe one day
Oct 11, 2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavorVZ
tested right now with DX8, work perfect, i have connected it on trainer port (PPM and ground) and separate power supply for RangeLink(12V+/-), u can use 3S LiPo 850-1300mAh
No need to drill into the case or solder another port into the DX8 to tap PPM?
Oct 11, 2011, 03:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by banzi28
No need to drill into the case or solder another port into the DX8 to tap PPM?
no mate, just connect on trainer port with 3,5mm mono plug to get out PPM and ground and that is all, on RangeLink you have 2 more wires for power supply 9-13V
Oct 11, 2011, 04:16 PM
Thread OP
Here is pictures how to connect PPM from Spektrum DX6-DX7-DX8, Hitec Aurora9, Graupner MX22 or any other R/C unit what have same plug on trainer port...on these few is tested and work 100%
Oct 11, 2011, 09:17 PM
Nice to see a better service than BEVRC...
I want to buy this system to my 8FG (Futaba Fasst-2.4ghz), it is compatible ???
8FG works in 7.2 volts

And Im planning to use a Vtx in 1.2 ghz (1080mhz) on 800mW

Please, any advise ???
thanks
Oct 11, 2011, 09:36 PM
Chinglish-funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCesar
Nice to see a better service than BEVRC...
I want to buy this system to my 8FG (Futaba Fasst-2.4ghz), it is compatible ???
8FG works in 7.2 volts

And Im planning to use a Vtx in 1.2 ghz (1080mhz) on 800mW

Please, any advise ???
thanks
yea, rangelink work fine with 8FG radio, u need do some solder, rangelink master (9-13v) ,u should use a separate 3s LIPO for it;

Sid
Oct 12, 2011, 04:18 AM
KISS
Glad to see its officially out.
My is almost here, can't wait to try ...
Oct 12, 2011, 08:18 AM
Thanks Sid, where or when we could order range link ???
Oct 12, 2011, 10:01 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCesar
Thanks Sid, where or when we could order range link ???
you can conntact Sid direct on mail for order: [email protected].com
on first post you have details
Oct 13, 2011, 08:21 AM
Chinglish-funny
about headertracker:
-rc radio-----headertracker channel at --------
4ch ---- 5-6ch
5ch ---- 6-7ch
6ch ---- 7-8ch
7ch ---- 7-8ch
8ch ---- 7-8ch
9ch ---- 8-9ch
10ch ---- 9-10ch
11ch ---- 10-11ch
12ch ---- 11-12ch

Port define:
----------HT-------------
TPPM<-------headertracker signal out
PPM -------> (=R/C PPM)radio ppm signal out for headertracker ,some headertracker need it for sync, some no need ,like X1000
V+ -------> (=R/C V+ )for headertracker power supply
GND -------> (=R/C GND)headertracker ground

---------R/C-------------
GND <-------- Radio ppm signed ground
ppm <-------- Radio ppm signed out
V+ <-------- Power supply for Rangelink Master (get from radio directly or a separate 3s LIPO) 9-13V
GND <-------- Ground
-------------------------

Sid
Thanks
Last edited by sid.huang; Oct 13, 2011 at 08:40 AM.
Oct 13, 2011, 08:28 AM
Chinglish-funny
about multimaster mode:

Warning: master(radio) all channels func must match together:

master 1- radio: CH1= ELEV
master 2- radio: CH1=ELEL (also)

recommand use the same type radio for this special application!!!!

Sid
Thanks
Oct 13, 2011, 12:35 PM
Engineer for Christ
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang
FHSS, can u show me some other UHF FHSS system spectrum analyzer plot.

Sid
I can for Dragonlink, but it's even worse. For the price, this might be worth me trying. I have nearly lost all faith in UHF control, but this might be worth trying.

-Alex
Oct 13, 2011, 02:59 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy
I can for Dragonlink, but it's even worse. For the price, this might be worth me trying. I have nearly lost all faith in UHF control, but this might be worth trying.

-Alex
you need to try it Alex
Oct 13, 2011, 03:23 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy
I'm looking at the spectrum analyzer plot. Even with the 30 db attenuation, your out of band ripple looks extremely high. Granted I see the 3rd harmonic is not incredibly high, but I do see a generally increased noise floor especially in the 70cm band. That level of out of band ripple might not be legal in the U.S. even if the transmitter is on a legal frequency.

-Alex
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Alex.

What I see is almost the same 'all over the 433MHz band spurious emissions' that Chainlink has, and that's simply horrible, look at the massive rise in noisefloor around the main RF carrier frequency. I think Sid needs to read up on how to do proper modulation of a RF carrier and its sidebands for FHSS use, or talk to the manufacturer of the module he's using to get them to implement it for him. In its current form this will NOT pass CE or FCC certification because it spews crap all over the band and thus creates issues with other users that occupy that frequency space.

Turn this Tx on in a parking lot and all the carkey fobs will stop working, not exactly something you'd want to do. Especially since regular occurrences of this will alert the authorities and they will come after whomever is causing this issue and the fines are rather steep.

Sid, I appreciate your efforts, and welcome the competition, but how about you design something that shows engineering competence and plays nice with other users in that band (LPD devices such as carkey fobs, babymonitors, wireless weatherstations, etc. etc.)?

Frankly it isn't hard to bolt a big engine into a car's chassis, put a few slicks on, apply some fancy stickers and paint and call it a racecar. But is a long way from being a finely tuned F1 racecar that delivers staggering performance whilst keeping to the rules and regulations set forth by the F1 comity.

If we ever want UHF to become accepted for RC control use for RC/FPV we'll need to make sure it adheres to CE and FCC regulations and plays nice with all other users in the band. Chainlink and others have shown that they don't, and by the looks of it Rangelink doesn't either. How does that exactly benefit this hobby, or its users?

Just my 2 cents really.

Cheers,

Sander.

Quick Reply