Apr 23, 2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrice4
The rangelink has a low pass filter inside it already so you shouldnt need any filter at all on the vtx. Also, readymaderc.com has high passfilters for Zafir.
For receiver only!
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1125

What I use bought from BEVRC two years ago.
Precisely for this purpose, the description said, it cuts low harmonic
of 1.2G vtx, it's beneficial for 433 link.
(I hope did not just dream it all)

I will try repeat this test on video!
But 60-70 meter is great result even without powered vtx I think.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 23, 2013, 02:49 PM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
60-70m is a great result for micro mode. As I understand, since the RL has a LPF inside, then you would not need a HPF or a LPF on the vtx. I could be wrong, but that is what I have been told. Now....every situation is different and it might help someone, idk. I am just saying what I have read.
Apr 23, 2013, 03:07 PM
Ok, I sit corrected. I can see where this would be helpful. The LPF inside the Rangelink does little to prevent your Vtx from transmitting harmonics in the ~433MHz range.
Apr 23, 2013, 05:45 PM
FPV junkie
Actually, The LPF in rangelink does nothing to reduce the harmonics created by your VTX.

They are two separate systems.

The only way to eliminate 1280Mhz from transmitting a 433Mhz harmonic would be by using a High Pass Filter on the Vtx antenna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaudiTT
Ok, I sit corrected. I can see where this would be helpful. The LPF inside the Rangelink does little to prevent your Vtx from transmitting harmonics in the ~433MHz range.
Apr 23, 2013, 05:51 PM
FPV junkie

Question for SID

Sid,

I have the futaba 12fga, and shauntot was kind enough to send me a file created in 72Mhz.

I can now change to teach mode with 12 channels, but since I start my transmitter without the 72Mhz module, it is not allowing the radio to transmit.

I get no power to Rangelink from the PPM port.

Also, I noticed that when I go in to the teacher window, and try to activate the switch, it just goes to INH, or OFF.
If I change it to ACT, then it defaults to OFF.

Is there a known workaround for that?

-Mike
Apr 23, 2013, 07:19 PM
Chinglish-funny
Hi, mike, sorry i dont have this radio.so i cannt help you.

Just check this post:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=920

Sid
Apr 23, 2013, 09:35 PM
FPV junkie
Thank you Sid.

I suspect that these guys are using their radio without the module plugged in at all times (but I don't know that for sure).

I think that there is something to the way the model is configured, even with the 72Mhz module that determines whether it will work or not.

It is a mystery to me since I do not have a 72Mhz module.

(they are very expensive, and very rare) I asked the local hobby shop about it, and even he didn't think he could get one...

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang
Hi, mike, sorry i dont have this radio.so i cannt help you.

Just check this post:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=920

Sid
Apr 23, 2013, 10:13 PM
Chinglish-funny
Remember: to enter the teacher mode with ppm output you need to use the FM module (72Mhz, 40Mhz, 35Mhz, etc) or use a model created with the FM module in, and of course, attach an external ppm source (another radio/head-tracker/whatever).
The radio senses the external ppm source, if it's not detected you can't enter the teacher mode.
A model created with the 2.4Ghz module installed, will NOT output ppm in teacher mode.

Just try to use the external ppm source,I think this is for 12fga radio testing the Student radio connected or not.

futaba radio trainer port pins defintion:
http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/tx2t...h/tx2txgb3.htm

Sid
Apr 23, 2013, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson
Actually, The LPF in rangelink does nothing to reduce the harmonics created by your VTX.
Dunno what VTX you guys are dealing with, but mine have no
noticeable effect on RL Rx, even in micro-power mode.
On my little quad the FOX800 VTX is only about 6 inches from RL Rx antenna
and I get close to 100% RSSI a mile out, at 200mW.

When we talk harmonics we're usually talking multiples of
the fundamental, so 433 has harmonics on 900 and 1299Mhz.
1.2Ghz has harmonics at 2.4Ghz and so forth.

ian
Apr 24, 2013, 02:03 AM
Quick question about Rssi.. When i measure the volt on the rssi, the ground and signal pin, it should show 3.0v,right?

I have now 3 rx' which i only get 0.03v reading from. the first one worked fine the whole last summer, then suddenly the volt dropped from 3v to 0.03v. So i ordered a new one, i got that one last month i think. So when i was setting up the osd, i didnt get any read on that one either.. so i measured it,and it also showed 0.03v.. brand new..

So i ordered another one...i just got it today. First thing i did was bind it, power up and measure the rssi, and yes.. only 0.03v..

Am i doing something wrong, i mean, i cant be measuring it wrong?
I was really hoping i could get rssi from the last one i ordered,so i could send back the 2 other ones for repair.. But i cant be this unlucky??
Apr 24, 2013, 01:35 PM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Is there an estimated range for low power and high power?
Apr 24, 2013, 03:17 PM
FPV junkie
I don't have noticable issues either, but for clarifying the question posed,

the rangelink and the Vtx are separate systems, and no matter

what filtering rangelink has,

it will not eliminate potential harmonics from the Video system.

"That was the question asked"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
Dunno what VTX you guys are dealing with, but mine have no
noticeable effect on RL Rx, even in micro-power mode.
On my little quad the FOX800 VTX is only about 6 inches from RL Rx antenna
and I get close to 100% RSSI a mile out, at 200mW.

When we talk harmonics we're usually talking multiples of
the fundamental, so 433 has harmonics on 900 and 1299Mhz.
1.2Ghz has harmonics at 2.4Ghz and so forth.

ian
Apr 24, 2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauf
Quick question about Rssi.. When i measure the volt on the rssi, the ground and signal pin, it should show 3.0v,right?

I have now 3 rx' which i only get 0.03v reading from. the first one worked fine the whole last summer, then suddenly the volt dropped from 3v to 0.03v. So i ordered a new one, i got that one last month i think. So when i was setting up the osd, i didnt get any read on that one either.. so i measured it,and it also showed 0.03v.. brand new..

So i ordered another one...i just got it today. First thing i did was bind it, power up and measure the rssi, and yes.. only 0.03v..

Am i doing something wrong, i mean, i cant be measuring it wrong?
I was really hoping i could get rssi from the last one i ordered,so i could send back the 2 other ones for repair.. But i cant be this unlucky??
Anyone? Sid? Really need to figure this out.
Apr 24, 2013, 06:12 PM
FPV junkie
What is the chance of futaba changing their firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang
Remember: to enter the teacher mode with ppm output you need to use the FM module (72Mhz, 40Mhz, 35Mhz, etc) or use a model created with the FM module in, and of course, attach an external ppm source (another radio/head-tracker/whatever).
The radio senses the external ppm source, if it's not detected you can't enter the teacher mode.
A model created with the 2.4Ghz module installed, will NOT output ppm in teacher mode.

Just try to use the external ppm source,I think this is for 12fga radio testing the Student radio connected or not.

futaba radio trainer port pins defintion:
http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/tx2t...h/tx2txgb3.htm

Sid
Apr 24, 2013, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson
will not eliminate potential harmonics from the Video system.
Which still misleading because there are no "harmonics" from the video tx,
lower than the primary freq. Harmonics are positive multiples.
There exists no video Tx that operates below 433Mhz thus no harmonics
can fall on 433Mhz.

There may be noise from other local oscillators (which may not even be emanating
from the Tx antenna) or just swamping of the rx front end (which can be addressed
at the Rx end with a narrow band pass filter) but neither classify as harmonics.
Last edited by Daemon; Apr 24, 2013 at 08:02 PM.

Quick Reply