Thread Tools
Jan 04, 2013, 07:51 AM
RC FPVer
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson
contact sid, and send it back for repair.
Yeah I did, he offered to exchange it. I'll report back once I get the new one.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2013, 10:54 AM
Registered User
I'm in the same boat. I'm hating myself for not paying a little extra for EMS. I didn't think it would take this long. My shipping date was on 12/14. I can't finish my QAV500 till it comes in.

I made an order for some cables off ebay using China Post as well. It came in a week ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zafir
I think it's normal!
My shipping date is 12/07
...and I feel my pack is close to me!!

Zoli
Jan 04, 2013, 11:16 AM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Regular China Post can take anywhere from a long time, to a very long time.
I always opt for EMS, if available.
Jan 04, 2013, 03:46 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm
I really recommend this method - it has worked PERFECTLY so far and allows enough distance that the UHF module doesnt affect the Turnigy LCD.

also it allows to fine tune the angle of the RL Tx antenna in relation to the ground for different ways of holding the Turnigy Tx, and still maintain the RL Tx antenna vertical !

BTW - yesterday i installed a new Rangelink exactly the same on my buddy's Turnigy 9X with ER9X mods - very impressive system the Rangelink is !
Hello i3dm !

I'm going to order my RL and I need to connect it to my Turnigy 9x. Do you have the schematics, wiring, etc ? Could you please post some photos or send them to my e-mail ? rodrigonewton@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Rodrigo.
Jan 04, 2013, 10:08 PM
9W2DLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigonewton
Hello i3dm !

I'm going to order my RL and I need to connect it to my Turnigy 9x. Do you have the schematics, wiring, etc ? Could you please post some photos or send them to my e-mail ? rodrigonewton@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Rodrigo.
check the manual, and check turnigy9x pin out that should be enough for you do wire the modules
Jan 05, 2013, 02:01 PM
Chi va piano, va lontano
guaglione87's Avatar
Did a range check as detailed in the manual. Does 46 feet sound right? I got 41 with my 5.8 running... Note that I had an esc hooked up
Jan 06, 2013, 03:08 AM
9W2DLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaglione87
Did a range check as detailed in the manual. Does 46 feet sound right? I got 41 with my 5.8 running... Note that I had an esc hooked up
sound good to me :thumbup:
Jan 06, 2013, 07:32 AM
Self employed
Efti's Avatar
Hi.

I had an accident and the antenna cable plug was pulled out of the receiver.
How can this be fixed? Solder a new plug on th rx?
I can put it back in, but it will become loose by looking funny at it.

Jan 06, 2013, 08:26 AM
Registered User
Press it back on with pliers being careful not to damage threads. Put a couple dabs of solder near separation seam. Same thing happened to my DL
Jan 06, 2013, 08:29 AM
9W2DLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efti
Hi.

I had an accident and the antenna cable plug was pulled out of the receiver.
How can this be fixed? Solder a new plug on th rx?
I can put it back in, but it will become loose by looking funny at it.

if were me i probably solder a new connector just to be on safe side as it might break again
Jan 06, 2013, 08:44 AM
Self employed
Efti's Avatar
Thanks. I just did it.
When i pushed with the plier there was coming a click, and it was stuck.
Put some solder on it to secure it

Jan 06, 2013, 09:08 AM
Registered User
Exactly. Good to go.
Jan 06, 2013, 09:09 AM
Old Flying Bastard
Kipkool's Avatar
It happened on almost all my RL rx.

I did those kind of soldered repair, but when I've tested in range test mode it always have a lower signal than before. If you still have a not broken rx, you can compare easily.

The only way to gain the same range was desoldering the whole connector and put a new one. But it's easy to burn a pad while desoldering them. I've killed one rx like that.

Sid should use new connectors. The ones I replace with can't brake here cause they're made of one piece.
Jan 06, 2013, 10:08 AM
Self employed
Efti's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipkool
It happened on almost all my RL rx.

I did those kind of soldered repair, but when I've tested in range test mode it always have a lower signal than before. If you still have a not broken rx, you can compare easily.

The only way to gain the same range was desoldering the whole connector and put a new one. But it's easy to burn a pad while desoldering them. I've killed one rx like that.

Sid should use new connectors. The ones I replace with can't brake here cause they're made of one piece.
I have several rx to test. How much is it reduced?

This is on a quad that don't need an extreme distance.
Jan 06, 2013, 11:05 AM
FPV Recon
Altimat's Avatar
Nice solder job Efti. Did it take a lot of heat? Would it be a good idea to solder these preventatively?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! NEW DRAGON LINK ADVANCED: Full Telemetry, Bluetooth, Droid Planner, Data Modem JettPilot FPV Equipment 60162 Today 02:23 PM
New Product ChainLink UHF Long Range System siim227 FPV Talk 2853 Jul 01, 2013 04:23 PM
New Product ChainLink--The new UHF narrow band long range system BEVRC FPV Talk 878 Jun 08, 2013 06:53 PM
New Product UHF Long range JR / Futaba module Hooks FPV Talk 18 Aug 13, 2012 05:46 AM
Sold [VDS]LRS thomas scherrer UHF + 2 receivers long range LTS49 FPV Equipment (FS/W) 8 Jul 22, 2011 03:55 PM