This thread is privately moderated by californiakid, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 07, 2011, 08:28 PM
mahoganyfan
Thread OP
Discussion

r/c groups rocks

Here are some pictures of my boat collection.
Last edited by californiakid; Feb 01, 2015 at 01:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2011, 07:59 PM
mahoganyfan
Thread OP

Pumpkin Run

I displayed some r/c boats today at a local event.It's called the Pumpkin Run in Egg Harbor Township NJ.It is a show that has everything under the sun.It has a car show,some garden tractor pulling,steam engines,hit and miss engines,blacksmith,vintage tractor trailers etc.I tried to enlist more members for my r/c boat club.It can only help the hobby.Two or three sounded genuingly interested.The boats drew more attention than I thought they would.People liked the craftsmanship of the boats and had an appreciation for the time invested making them.
Jan 04, 2012, 05:28 AM
Closed Account
Happy New Year Californiakid ! ,Do you have pics of your boat? I'm new to the site.I don't know how to down load my pics of my Dumas Brooklyn Tug and Barge.
Jul 20, 2015, 06:03 AM

Thunderbolt

Your Thunderbolt build is just outstanding,like everything you build.
Apr 07, 2017, 08:49 AM

finish

I'm approaching the final coats on Miss Behave. I have been experimenting on a scrap and am not yet happy with results. The resulting finish after polishing compound and auto wax is a little dull and grey for my taste. If I do not use wet/ dry sanding I have a few specks of dust etc. which is distracting but after wet sand and polish I don't like the finish. Any tips? How do you get the beautiful final finish I see in your photos? Thanks in advance.
Dec 16, 2017, 11:19 AM
oldtribefan
Nice collection of boats! Excellent workmanship!
Jan 24, 2020, 11:31 AM
Knot Obsessed
Great collection and outstanding craftsmanship!

Quick Reply