Oct 09, 2011, 05:28 AM
Loves Burn of Hot Glue
Alright guys, I'm Feelin' fine so here it is:
I just got 10 miles today with my DL OH YEAH!! That's right 33km round trip!!
Enjoy:
10 miles (6 min 19 sec)

OH YEAH THANKS MIKE Keep it up!!
Last edited by Danub; Oct 09, 2011 at 05:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2011, 05:58 AM
RTFM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danub
Enjoy:

Nicely done !!
What plane?
What OSD?
Oct 09, 2011, 05:59 AM
KJ4YYJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING_FORTRESS
Get off the coffee!

you are not close to Mike instructions.

Start over Hold Button on TX down, and power on TX, Hold Button on TX down, and power on TX, Hold Button on TX down, and power on TXHold Button on TX down, and power on TX. get it now read more... from Mike.

I some times get flustered And just keep doing the same mistake over and over and over thinking I'm doing it right.

Hope this helps
Oct 09, 2011, 07:42 AM
Registered Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneFlorida
Get off the coffee!

you are not close to Mike instructions.

Start over Hold Button on TX down, and power on TX, Hold Button on TX down, and power on TX, Hold Button on TX down, and power on TXHold Button on TX down, and power on TX. get it now read more... from Mike.

I some times get flustered And just keep doing the same mistake over and over and over thinking I'm doing it right.

Hope this helps
Get off the coffee!

He did exactly that, that's how he got the DL into binding mode(flahing green).
The problem seems to be what he is doing on the plane.
Last edited by lostheli; Oct 09, 2011 at 07:47 AM.
Oct 09, 2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by william28270 View Post
Hello mike I have no piece of news(short story) of your part I have the very first version of dragon link V1 BETA and you had informed me that it was possible to change against the last one thank you for telling to me how to make thank you in advance and answer me cordially
william
fabienne.icord@wandoo.fr
Hi William,

Thank you for writing, I will fully replace your system. I had also fully forgotten about this so I am glad you reminded me. Please send me your full name and address, and I will send you a new system right away. There are so many changes and improvements from the old beta system, that yours is not even repairable or upgradable, I just use some of the parts from those systems after I get them back.

Mike
Oct 09, 2011, 09:20 AM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Salut William,

Yes, you are now marked for a new system, and it will be shipped to you in the next few days. We take care of all Dragon Link customers, and replace or fix anything that does not work. In the case of a 2 Year old beta system, I just do not feel good sending these outdated systems back to anyone, so I replace them the latest version new ones.

Mike
Oct 09, 2011, 09:28 AM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FpvKiwi
To balance my critique I should say that the support is good much of the time and the replacement policy is excellent. And DragonLink does give you long range, no question about it. But I do stand by every point of my critique, which I backed up by facts.

I don't agree that selling new modules is more important than fixing the documentation.

I do use DragonLink since one year as suggested by my post above:
Hi Kiwi,

If you have the new filtered TX module, then it puts out ZERO harmonics. Some of the cheap Chinese Video receivers do not have proper filtering themselves and will pick up wanted transmittsions. Yes, it is possible to be so cheap, and build a video receiver with horrible design and no tolerance to being near ANY transmitter, even a perfectly designed transmitter. If this is the probelm you are having, I would suggest you try a better quality video receiver.

You did mention IBCrazy test of video interference, this was with one of the old NON FILTERED systems. He now has a new system with a filter. The new Dragon Link has the cleanest output of any system.

And remember, there are a bunch of guys here willing to help and make you successful in FPV, if you have a specific problem, just ask !

Mike
Oct 09, 2011, 09:37 AM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
I was showing that it turns green. But noticed it was blinking green
Hi FLying Fortress,

Thanks for posting the video, the videos always make it easy to see what is going on. In your case, I think you are doing everything correctly. The one thing I would like you to try that when you connect the Dragon LInk RX while the TX LED is flashing green, leave it ONE FULL MINUTE, then turn off the Transmitter and turn it back on and wiat one more minute to see if it works.

Also, your TX hookup looks good, but please check that the Turnigy transmitter is in PPM mode in its computer menu and NOT PCM mode.

Then, if it does not work, send me your Full name and address and I will send you a new RX tomorrow !

Mike
Oct 09, 2011, 09:45 AM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danub
Enjoy:

Awesome Flight Danub Thanks for posting the video, its always fun to see people expand thier range like this with their Dragon Links !!! What kind of plane did you use, and what kind of video system and antennas ?

Mike
Oct 09, 2011, 10:10 AM
Mike any news from my pm ?
Have you shipped the 2 rx with 3 antenna 36 inch extension ?
Should I swap with the new Tx even if I received mine in early june (2011) ?
thanks

Cedric
Oct 09, 2011, 12:05 PM
Loves Burn of Hot Glue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Awesome Flight Danub Thanks for posting the video, its always fun to see people expand thier range like this with their Dragon Links !!! What kind of plane did you use, and what kind of video system and antennas ?

Mike
Man Thanks,
In that flight I am flying a Ritewing Zephyr 54"
Dragon Link Stock folding antenna!
2.4 Lawmate VTX with stock Dipole/ Lawmate RX with a high gain LP patch antenna.

Octane I am usine MFD AAT/OSD combo.
Oct 09, 2011, 12:07 PM
Bugs!!!!!!!
Quote:
Try binding with one servo and 4.8vdc battery pack or UBEC.
Oct 09, 2011, 12:11 PM
KJ6RCJ

Arduplane (APM) equipped SW tests with Dragon Link

wrong post, sorry.
Oct 09, 2011, 12:12 PM
Mike, can you please lay an ongoing problem to rest....once and for all?

Multiple Dragonlink systems on at the same time cause problems. This statement has been said so many times, I have lost count.

We need to hear it FROM YOU what limitations the system has when multiple TX's are on at the same time.

What steps, if any, should be taken to ensure no problems when multiple people are flying with DL systems? IE: rebinding process/instructions.

We need a definitive answer from you. 9 out of 10 people will just not even take the chance of doing a real world test with this. Which is 100% understandable.

So please, its well over due, let everyone know the TRUTH about multiple DLs running at the same time...even if its not good, we need to know.
Oct 09, 2011, 12:32 PM
KJ6RCJ

DL Tx Antenna

Hi Mike,

I bought a DL system from you last August 23, 2010 and I've been enjoying flying with it. Yesterday, I flew FPV but it was getting dark so I had to land the plane. There was no problem with the signal or the DL system actually. I unscrewed out the DL Tx antenna and put it in the box. When I got home, I realized that the I unscrewed the antenna as shown in the pic. When I tried to screw it back, somehow the pin inside got twisted. If I somehow manage to screw it back, I have no way to find out if it was done correctly and I don't want to risk my equipment to fly with it. I would like to ask if I can send the antenna back to have it repaired with fee of course or if I'll just get a new one Mike. Hope to hear from you, sir. I sent you a PM too.

Best regards,

Gent

Quick Reply