Nov 04, 2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzlflyer View Post
If its the TX you are talking about you don't have ppm out of your tx or you don't have it wired right.
It's wired the way the pics show it. It's set to ppm. Everything is the way the instructions show it. I have been over this thing countless times.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 04, 2012, 05:41 PM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandan62976 View Post
It's wired the way the pics show it. It's set to ppm. Everything is the way the instructions show it. I have been over this thing countless times.
What LED indications are you geting on the Dragon Link transmitter ?? Also, what kind of RC Transmitter are you using ?? Can you post a picture for us so we can help you figure this out.

No worries, its probably just a simple mistake in wiring. I personally test every Dragon TX and RX before it is sent out, but anything is possible when dealing with electronics. If your Dragon LInk has gone bad, no worries, we will replace it with a new one right away !!!

Mike
Nov 04, 2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
What LED indications are you geting on the Dragon Link transmitter ?? Also, what kind of RC Transmitter are you using ?? Can you post a picture for us so we can help you figure this out.

No worries, its probably just a simple mistake in wiring. I personally test every Dragon TX and RX before it is sent out, but anything is possible when dealing with electronics. If your Dragon LInk has gone bad, no worries, we will replace it with a new one right away !!!

Mike

It is a futaba t9cap. If I hold the bind button down it turns green for half a sec then it turns solid red and that's it. Doesn't flash or anything. I have set it up just like the instructions say. Here is a pic of the front with the dragon link in the back. This is what it looks like after I try and bind it.
Nov 04, 2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post

Mike
Here is a pic of the its wires in the back. I tried just attaching the wires without the plug to make sure it was getting a good connection. I also put the resistor on to see if that was the problem but didn't make a difference.
Nov 04, 2012, 06:25 PM
You sure your Futaba is outputting ppm? Also make sure you have it wired correctly or get the trainer port plug whic is plug and play.
Nov 04, 2012, 06:31 PM
Hi the pinout on the tx should in this order.

Nov 04, 2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emadine View Post

If that's the way the plug is suppose to be my brown and orange are backwards. That's how the plug came.
Nov 04, 2012, 06:52 PM
Quote:

If that's the way the plug is suppose to be my brown and orange are backwards. That's how the plug came.
Nov 04, 2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:

Well looks like that was the problem. Thanks a lot.
Nov 04, 2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
The instructions say it suppose to flash orange but mine is flashing fast green and no power to the receiver. So I have to ask the guy I bought the plane from to figure that out I guess.
Nov 04, 2012, 07:43 PM
Tricopters Rule
Quote:
The instructions say it suppose to flash orange but mine is flashing fast green and no power to the receiver. So I have to ask the guy I bought the plane from to figure that out I guess.
The firmware before the current one, which mine is, Flashing Green is bind,
Flashing Red/Green is calibrate, No light is ID change.
Nov 05, 2012, 01:15 AM
Quote:
So can anyone tell me what's going on?
Are you in ppm mode not pcm ... ?
Nov 05, 2012, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Fast flashing green is ok. That mean u r not on the latest fw. Which RX r u holding on to. And how u connect the RX. A photo will be good to tell the problem.
Nov 05, 2012, 07:02 AM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Wow, I was going to tell him that, but everyone beat me to it... You guys do not miss anything

I am glad you got it working. For binding, you must hold down the button for 3 - 8 seconds on the latest firmware which will be flashing yellow. If you are getting a flashing GREEN LED, you are in micro power range test mode. If you do not have the latest firmware, then binding mode may be first, try both of the modes if you are not sure and see if it binds.

Mike
Nov 05, 2012, 07:05 AM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnx View Post
Mike

(EDIT: just saw post 13938 on page 930 - looks like my system should have been shipped by now)

I sent a package of a V1 TX, and 4 RXs for upgrade and repair on 12 October, from Port Melbourne, Australia, and paid the Paypal return postage on the same day. The package is reported to have been delivered to you on 22 October.

Can you please let me know the status of the work, and if/when the items will be sent back.

Thanks

Roger
Hi Roger,

Yes, all upgrades have been completed and retruned. It should arrive down under any day now.

Mike

Quick Reply