Oct 21, 2012, 06:54 AM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
NEW FIRMWARE

Hi Everynoe,

The new firmware that started shipping on 10 October seems to be the perfect version Now that people have started hooking it up to different kinds of RC Transmitters, and using it, we have not seen any issues with it. No problems, no bugs, its just the most stable, best working version we have ever put out. Chris did the impossible and got my " Dream List " of features and the way the Dragon Link system should work !!!

All Version 2 owners can update thier firmware at home, cables will be for sale soon on the website !!! Also, complete instructions are available for Dragon Link are available for download at:

Chris has done a great job on the manual and continues to update it as people ask questions and we see where people need help on installation.

Mike

Mike
Last edited by JettPilot; Oct 21, 2012 at 07:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2012, 07:03 AM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom3holer
I just got my V1 DL back from Mike. Trying to calibrate it and having problems. I have read all the issues here with V2 and some may be the same with V1. I did the binding. Then it says to calibrate "Power on the Tx with a reg antenna attached while holding down the binding button for 7 seconds until the light turns green. Release the button as soon as it turns green, and if you have done it correctly the led will flash alternating red and green"

Every time I do it I just get the flashing green indicating the its in the binding mode.

Is there something I am doing wrong here.

Tom
Hi Tom,

Since your version is a version 1 system, the LED indications are a little different, you will not see the same LED indications as is in the manual for the version 2 system. When you hold down the power button during power up, you will get this:

3 - 8 Seconds: RED LED - Release button and it will flash RED, this is Micro Power mode for range testing.
8 - 13 Seconds: GREEN LED - Release button and it will flash GREEN, this is Binding Mode.
13 - 18 Seconds: RED LED - Release button and it will alternate between RED and GREEN - This is calibration mode.
18 + Seconds: LED Goes OUT: Release button, and the ID is now changed.

This is basiclly the same firmware as the Version 2 system, and is compatible with all version 2 equipment. Resistance to interference, range and functionality will be basically the same as version 2.

Mike
Last edited by JettPilot; Oct 21, 2012 at 07:11 AM.
Oct 21, 2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
NEW FIRMWARE

All Version 2 owners can update thier firmware at home, cables will be for sale soon on the website !!! Also, complete instructions are available for Dragon Link are available for download at:

Mike
Mike, please, take a time and read the PM's.
My tx is totally fault.
Oct 21, 2012, 07:16 AM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp
Mike
Please answer my PM. I can not use ch9 for pan control. How can I transfer the PPM output to ch12?
This is very important for me. Because I am keen on Pan/tilt and need PPM for DOSD?

This is becoming a very serious customer complaints !! One of the choosing reason DL was head tracker option.

Thanks
Regards
Firat
Hi Firat,

The channel the PPM is on is detrmined by the firmware, on your version it appears to be on channel 9. In the latest firmware, we put the PPM output back on channel 12, so your best option is to get the firmware cables when they are avaialable and update your firmware to the latest version. This is a nice update, and well worth doing.

Mike
Oct 21, 2012, 07:19 AM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by junioro16v
Mike, please, take a time and read the PM's.
My tx is totally fault.
Ola Junioro,

If your TX is bad, we will get a new replacement to you. Dragon LInk is fully guaranteed and no one gets stuck with a bad unit Although I suspect that a firmware update might fix your issue, I will get to your PM and we will get this figured out...

Mike
Oct 21, 2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Ola Junioro,

If your TX is bad, we will get a new replacement to you. Dragon LInk is fully guaranteed and no one gets stuck with a bad unit Although I suspect that a firmware update might fix your issue, I will get to your PM and we will get this figured out...

Mike
Ok. The problem is with the update. Take your time, read all the PMīs and let me know about. I already talked with Chris.
Oct 21, 2012, 07:28 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Can the firmware upgrade tool update v1 DL Tx's and (I think) V3 Rx's?

CJ
Oct 21, 2012, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Hi Firat,

The channel the PPM is on is detrmined by the firmware, on your version it appears to be on channel 9. In the latest firmware, we put the PPM output back on channel 12, so your best option is to get the firmware cables when they are avaialable and update your firmware to the latest version. This is a nice update, and well worth doing.

Mike
Thanks for replying. I look forward to having Firmware cables soon.
Regards
Firat
Oct 21, 2012, 08:31 AM
Team Basement-RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023
Can the firmware upgrade tool update v1 DL Tx's and (I think) V3 Rx's?

CJ
V1 Tx is not user upgrade able. It has to be sent to Mike.
Oct 21, 2012, 09:07 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Sent away again? I think ill pass. The last time it was gone for 6 months. I'd owned it a year. Had it waiting for 6 months for an airframe, sent off for the update. 6 months later it returns after the release of the V2. No chance I can open her up myself and update it?

CJ
Oct 21, 2012, 10:03 AM
Sil
Sil
Quote:
Yes, you accidently deactivated it, and you can easily fix it Put a jumper on channels of the RX when you power it up, and it will activate it again. Check the manual for which channels you need to jump, it changed with firmware versions.

Mike
Hi Mike,
I get Back the PPM signal. By jumping channel 11&12 I got it on channel 12

But originally I had it on channel 9. I am fine with this, butjust curiosity, How could I get the PPM on Channel 9 again??
Oct 21, 2012, 10:25 AM
Hi,

I haver a weird problem. I have 1 tx, and 2, rx's so far. when I try to use all 12 ch's I get a problem where 1 of the 12ch's doesn't work. On 1 rx it is ch1 and on 2nd rx, it is ch2.

Now, If I change my radio to 10ch's all 10, ch's work including ch1 and 2 on both rx's.

what I thought it was related to was, The radio I am using is a 9x with 3rd party firmware, it has settings for the pluse width and frame length, this is what I thought may be causing the problem, but I have changed both a little and problems just got worse.

there are some other settings I am not sure about, like Filter ADC, proto encoding, Silver A/B/C and TRAC09, shift select (pos or neg)

also, this guy has seen a similar problem where ch2 doesn't work while using 12ch's, but his starts to work when he press's around on the board.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13457

Any ideas, or if anyone knows what settings I need to change to be able to use 12ch's, if it is a setting?

thanks,

John
Oct 21, 2012, 10:30 AM
Cape Cod

Mike, Question about range

Hi,

Just calibrated my V1 system with the Tx antenna connected as required in the process. Now I notice that with the dummy load on the Tx and no antenna on the Rx but only inches away I cannot get consistent signal to make it work. I have to put the Tx antenna on then it works fine. Is this normal? I thought before the upgrade with the two on the bench the Rx worked fine with no antenna and Tx on a dumy load, and no I am not in micropower mode.

Tom
Oct 21, 2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
NEW FIRMWARE

cables will be for sale soon on the website !!!

Mike
Perfect. Jumped on the forum to look into the update cable progress and there it was, my question answered

Haven't been online to stay updated lately. If I recall correctly..... is there another piece of hardware we need to go along with the cable for FW updates or will that be included in a package deal...... or no longer needed?

If needed, could someone please link me to the board that is needed to go along with the cable?
Oct 21, 2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023
Sent away again? I think ill pass. The last time it was gone for 6 months. I'd owned it a year. Had it waiting for 6 months for an airframe, sent off for the update. 6 months later it returns after the release of the V2. No chance I can open her up myself and update it?

CJ
same....
mine since 2010
any thoughts for v1 owners..

Quick Reply