Oct 20, 2012, 07:08 AM
Mike, I order my DL I still haven't got it. Shouldnt it been here all ready in CA.

I can PM you with all the PayPal info?

Please help

Jay
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2012, 07:58 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm finally back in flying and trying to pick up where I left last time.

I got my DL back and the DSOD+ RTH. I'm not sure if to ask here or in the DSOD thread.

Here is the way I understood I could link them up to be sure to be able to fly long time and having RTH function working out correctly.

Could you have a look on your free time?

and if I remember well the mixing of the elevons is done in the DSOS and not in the TX, right?

Thanks in advance.

Oct 20, 2012, 08:33 AM
Cut - Print - It's a wrap

Dummy Load Size?

I've lost my dummy load for my DL v1. Anyone know what size load I need for testing without my antenna??

Mike
Oct 20, 2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi,

You need the latest firmware, which started shipping 7 April 2012. If you were from the group of upgrades in Germany that I did all together, I remember you ! This was the first batch of upgrades with the new firmare.

Mike
Thank you very much !!!
Oct 20, 2012, 09:07 AM
------------------------
Hi All

More dragonlink led color confusion here.

I bought mine a few months back and it came with the dummy load. When I go through the various bind button power up steps I never see an orange led. Only red and green

I can get to alternating red green which should be calibration. My bind mode seems to be flashing green and I don't seem to have micro power. Is this just an older version?

I thought I was all set up but got locked out at 150 ft and crashed.

Phil
Oct 20, 2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain3D View Post
Hi All

More dragonlink led color confusion here.

I bought mine a few months back and it came with the dummy load. When I go through the various bind button power up steps I never see an orange led. Only red and green

I can get to alternating red green which should be calibration. My bind mode seems to be flashing green and I don't seem to have micro power. Is this just an older version?

I thought I was all set up but got locked out at 150 ft and crashed.

Phil
Phil,

From what you have written it sounds like you have a Version 1 unit. Is your transmitter unit totally flat on all sides or is one side rounded? Also do have a high-low power switch or not? The version 1 units have a rounded side and don't have the high-low switch AND no calibration mode.

My Version 1 unit worked great for over a year and when I moved it from one plane to the next it started flunking all range tests. I've sent the unit in last week for update/upgrade and can hardly wait to get it back! Since my unit has been working so well out of the box I really paid no attention to further developments regarding the V2 units. A friend at the flying club purchased a DL based on my having one that works great and he got the V2 unit. Not knowing the differences, when my V1 was not working we tried binding his TX to my receiver etc but were perplexed that it would not bind. Its a good idea to follow this thread since there seems to be no other communication.
Oct 20, 2012, 12:03 PM
Cape Cod
Hi,

I hate to be a pain about this, BUT, can anyone point me to a site/thread that shows the connections for the older V1 9ch DL receiver? I have looked but can't seem to find it anywhere. I don't want to get going setting everything up and burn something out.

Thanks,

Tom
Oct 20, 2012, 12:41 PM
Check Your Six.
OK, this may have been covered somewhere but I havent been able to find an answer.
I am ready to buy a dragonlink, but I love using my headtracker which uses the Futaba Trainer plug. This is the one I have->
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=221

So if I get a dragon link, which I know uses the trainer same plug, is there anyway I can use the headtracker still? Does the dragonlink include another plug for this? I plan on using a Futaba 9C Transmitter.

Thanks!
Oct 20, 2012, 12:54 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Fall is here :/ I miss the summer...

Oct 20, 2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom3holer View Post
Hi,

I hate to be a pain about this, BUT, can anyone point me to a site/thread that shows the connections for the older V1 9ch DL receiver? I have looked but can't seem to find it anywhere. I don't want to get going setting everything up and burn something out.

Thanks,

Tom
The pins closest to the PCB they are soldered onto are Gnd, next up is power, next is signal, whether that be PWM, PPM or RSSI out.
Oct 20, 2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmanusa View Post
OK, this may have been covered somewhere but I havent been able to find an answer.
I am ready to buy a dragonlink, but I love using my headtracker which uses the Futaba Trainer plug. This is the one I have->
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=221

So if I get a dragon link, which I know uses the trainer same plug, is there anyway I can use the headtracker still? Does the dragonlink include another plug for this? I plan on using a Futaba 9C Transmitter.

Thanks!

The DragonLink has an HT port. Just configure your HT to push data on the last 2 channels it outputs.
Oct 20, 2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvedit View Post
I've lost my dummy load for my DL v1. Anyone know what size load I need for testing without my antenna??

Mike
50R, IIRC. Someone had a link to an ebay page a little ways back.
Oct 20, 2012, 01:01 PM
FPV-ophile
Heys guys,

Im looking for the pinout of the head tracker port on the V2 dragonlinks so i can connect my Fatshark MIG headtracker to it.

Thanks!
Oct 20, 2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna717 View Post
Heys guys,

Im looking for the pinout of the head tracker port on the V2 dragonlinks so i can connect my Fatshark MIG headtracker to it.

Thanks!

Same as the PPM port, but power is an OUTPUT not input. IE, you can use it to power your HT, but not push power into the DL.
Oct 20, 2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1seto View Post
Nope, sorry Must be DTR.
Didnt think so, thanks

Quick Reply