Jul 02, 2012, 10:38 PM
More Combat Please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingWing View Post
Could someone take a stab atleast at my question ?
My favorite TX radio of all time is the Hitec Aurora. It's incredibly simple to hook up the DL. The DL comes with a traditional servo wire coming out of it, and a 5-pin connector. So you just plug the wires into the connector from left to right, orange-red-brown. Signal-Power-Ground. Leave the right two holes empty.

And then you pull out the Aurora 9 2.4ghz module and plug the 5-pin connector into the 5-pins in the back of the radio, orange on far left pin. Easiest thing ever, takes literally 30 seconds.

The radio is fully programmable from a really nice big back-lit touch screen. All functions are fully programmable from the screen, every switch, slider, and knob. Super easy to use to.

The radio stand that Mike's sending with the DL now fits perfectly on the handle. It's a sweet setup.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2012, 10:39 PM
Team Basement-RC
Quote:
The 9x is the best bang for your buck, and super easy to attach the DL.
Jul 02, 2012, 10:41 PM
Team Basement-RC
I use my DL on a DX8, attached to the trainer port. I power the DL with a separate Lipo battery. This has worked flawlessly for me.
Jul 02, 2012, 10:42 PM
Gravity - It's the law
Quote:
I can only offer this, I have a 12Z that I LOVE. Couldn't make the DL work without some mods I wasn't willing to try.

I bought a $39 Turnigy 9X from Hobby King, a Smartie pants board and used the Er 9x software and I would put the Turnigy up against my 12Z any day of the week as far as flexibilty and programming.

I am keeping an eye on the pots and switches but so far, in about 9 months of use, I haven't had any issues. KNOCK ON WOOD

Just my 2 cents,

Yabba
Jul 02, 2012, 10:47 PM
9x with smartie board paired with DL is amazing. Don't let the price of the 9x fool you.
Jul 02, 2012, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
I use my DL on a DX8, attached to the trainer port. I power the DL with a separate Lipo battery. This has worked flawlessly for me.
No rx issue if you give a rapid push to full eh? All stock settings?
Jul 03, 2012, 12:25 AM
Watts up ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardynine View Post
9x with smartie board paired with DL is amazing. Don't let the price of the 9x fool you.
Thanks very much for all three of your answers. I do like the idea of adding the DL to an already Hi end radio but Im not sure my budget allows this at the moment. Not with whats on my bench

The (x is just so dam cheap to be honest, I cant imagine its any good ? But Im listening to you guys and it might be an option....
Jul 03, 2012, 12:27 AM
The way of being is doing.
Is it possible now to order the DL ?
Jul 03, 2012, 04:31 AM
Sanderx
Rob, that is interesting. Where do you fly around here? And what do you fly?
Jul 03, 2012, 06:16 AM
That's funny. I was going to ask you the same thing. PM coming your way.
Jul 03, 2012, 06:50 AM
I need a dragonlink reciever for verson 1. Where can I get one? Can you please make me one JettPilot? PM me if you can
Jul 03, 2012, 07:04 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voguna View Post
I need a dragonlink reciever for verson 1. Where can I get one? Can you please make me one JettPilot? PM me if you can
You can order the new V2 Rx and select the 'pre Dec 2011' firmware to be loaded when you order. You will then get a version for your older V1 Tx. If you later upgrade to the new DL system you can just reflash the Rx to work with the new stuff,
Jul 03, 2012, 07:07 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change View Post
My favorite TX radio of all time is the Hitec Aurora. It's incredibly simple to hook up the DL. The DL comes with a traditional servo wire coming out of it, and a 5-pin connector. So you just plug the wires into the connector from left to right, orange-red-brown. Signal-Power-Ground. Leave the right two holes empty.

And then you pull out the Aurora 9 2.4ghz module and plug the 5-pin connector into the 5-pins in the back of the radio, orange on far left pin. Easiest thing ever, takes literally 30 seconds.

The radio is fully programmable from a really nice big back-lit touch screen. All functions are fully programmable from the screen, every switch, slider, and knob. Super easy to use to.

The radio stand that Mike's sending with the DL now fits perfectly on the handle. It's a sweet setup.
Todd...your PM is full. I tried to reply back to your PM to me, but it couldn't get through....
Jul 03, 2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabba View Post
I can only offer this, I have a 12Z that I LOVE. Couldn't make the DL work without some mods I wasn't willing to try.

I bought a $39 Turnigy 9X from Hobby King, a Smartie pants board and used the Er 9x software and I would put the Turnigy up against my 12Z any day of the week as far as flexibilty and programming.

I am keeping an eye on the pots and switches but so far, in about 9 months of use, I haven't had any issues. KNOCK ON WOOD

Just my 2 cents,

Yabba
Also just want to add my 2 cents.

I was always a Futaba BIG fan, I had 6x 2x7C and now a 10C, but I have to say that I already sold every Futaba except the 10C that I'm selling on eBay, and I have 2x9X with the smartie boards, and there is no way that I will go back to Futaba...
Just for spares I will buy another 9X without the TX and 2 more smartie boards from the new generation!
For the price and the potential there is nothing like this in the market!
FrySky with telemetry plug-and-play, DragonLink plug-and-play, TX firmware config-and-play!

Geotete
Jul 03, 2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forced View Post
Thanks very much for all three of your answers. I do like the idea of adding the DL to an already Hi end radio but Im not sure my budget allows this at the moment. Not with whats on my bench

The (x is just so dam cheap to be honest, I cant imagine its any good ? But Im listening to you guys and it might be an option....
By itself, it's crap. Stock, I wouldn't really trust anything with it besides maybe cheap park flyers. But once you put the smartie board in it and change the firmware to er9x and change the wireless module with dragon link, in my opinion you have one of the most powerful combination out there. You have full 12 channel out and an amazing software that lets you customize anything you want.

So if you're on a budget, I would definitely give it a try.

Quick Reply