Jul 31, 2020, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrimes1907
I am currently flying with a Caddx Tarsier as my forward facing camera and I have had intermittent failsafes sometimes 5 or 6 miles and sometimes 15 or 20 miles. I had thought that this was due to a Matek PDB powering the camera and the VTX so I replaced the PDB with a Mauch 5/12 volt BEC. Performing a range test, I only had 12 feet with the factory antenna so I started unplugging things and finally got to the camera. With the whole system powered except the camera, I was able to get 50 feet on a range test.

My question is, is there another 4K split camera plays nice on 433Mhz?
I was having same issue but moving the DL antenna away from the camera solved my problem.Couple of inches should work.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2020, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_zx11
I was having same issue but moving the DL antenna away from the camera solved my problem.Couple of inches should work.
Separation is not the issue. Camera n the nose, antenna is on the tail, and receiver is only 5 inches in front of the antenna. Airframe is a XUAV Clouds.
Last edited by mgrimes1907; Aug 01, 2020 at 12:00 AM.
Aug 01, 2020, 01:34 AM
Jett PLEASE.
Will the new micro rx work on the V2 tx? TX working great with old large RX's. 2015 software.
That is what I need for new Micro rx.
Cheer's
Aug 01, 2020, 08:56 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocEnd
Jett PLEASE.
Will the new micro rx work on the V2 tx? TX working great with old large RX's. 2015 software.
That is what I need for new Micro rx.
Cheer's
Hi Croc End,

Yes it does ! The new Micro receier works great with the older V2 transmtitter, but you must flas the V2 firmware onto the Micro Receiver, then calibrate it in order for it to work...

You can get them at www.getfpv.com
Aug 01, 2020, 08:58 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Separation is not the issue. Camera n the nose, antenna is on the tail, and receiver is only 5 inches in front of the antenna. Airframe is a XUAV Clouds.
Hi Mgrimes1907

You need to lengthen the fuselage so that you can get more seperation I use the RunCam Split 3 Micro and like it a lot, it is tiny, light, and quality of video is good, but not tested it for interference at really long range yet. I can do a test and let you know if you are interested in this device.

How do you like the XUAV Clouds ??? How does it compare to the Believer ???

Aug 01, 2020, 09:49 AM
Quote:

My question is, is there another 4K split camera plays nice on 433Mhz?
Split cameras are always going to be noisy due to the ribbon cable comming out of the guts. A really clean RF camera is the RunCam 2. The inside of the case is shielded and is the cleanest of the FPV cameras that I have tried. You can use it without a battery if you are concerned about weight.
Last edited by CG Photo; Aug 01, 2020 at 11:21 AM.
Aug 01, 2020, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Hi Mgrimes1907

You need to lengthen the fuselage so that you can get more seperation I use the RunCam Split 3 Micro and like it a lot, it is tiny, light, and quality of video is good, but not tested it for interference at really long range yet. I can do a test and let you know if you are interested in this device.

How do you like the XUAV Clouds ??? How does it compare to the Believer ???
I have replaced the Caddx with a Foxeer that I had on a Quad ind I get my noise floor average down to around to around 82 or 83 in the spectrum analyzer in DL GUI with the TX turned off. With the Caddx, the noise floor average was about 78. I wouldn't think that little bit would make a difference, but then again, I have flown this setup 25 miles witht the Caddx.

Believer is A little more docile in the air, only because of the size difference I believe.

How are you making out on yours? Get ant time to work on it?
Aug 01, 2020, 01:40 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
How are you making out on yours? Get ant time to work on it?
Hi Mgrimes1907,

YES I have made really good progress on it, almost done !!! I will post a few pictures of it as soon as it is finished, I think some people will find it " interesting "
Aug 01, 2020, 08:24 PM
JettPilot,
Hi, when will you have the V3 Slim BT TX and Large 1000 mW RX back in stock? Thanks.
Aug 01, 2020, 10:28 PM
Still having problems connecting telemetry data from an F765. I purchased a new transmitter from DL and undated the MavToPassthrough onto the bluetooth/wifi module. The next step is to connect to the TX hot spot. I see the hotspot and when I try to connect it asks for the password. I type in DragonLink but it says incorrect password and won't let me connect to http://192.168.4.1

What am I doing wrong?
Aug 01, 2020, 11:00 PM
Would I loose any range running this extension cable on my receiver antenna? I have a 12inch but I need it a little longer.
Aug 01, 2020, 11:08 PM
Ok after doing the same thing over and over again like 20 times, it finally accepted the password but it don't allow be to get to 192.168.4.1 I get a error This site canít be reached . Also I don't have a blue flashing light on the BT adapter like the doc says I should. Stuck again.
Aug 01, 2020, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillHillAirlines
Would I loose any range running this extension cable on my receiver antenna? I have a 12inch but I need it a little longer.
Do a range test and see if you get the same range with it installed. If you do, then you are good.
Aug 02, 2020, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG Photo
Ok after doing the same thing over and over again like 20 times, it finally accepted the password but it don't allow be to get to 192.168.4.1 I get a error This site canít be reached . Also I don't have a blue flashing light on the BT adapter like the doc says I should. Stuck again.
Did you use admin as the username?

Try a different client device if you're having trouble with the current one.
Aug 02, 2020, 03:09 AM
Jett HI again
How dose one flash back to V2 dummy Q
Cheer's

Quick Reply