May 22, 2020, 06:09 PM
So I have a weird thing going on:
I'm trying to bind a micro receiver. I hold the button on the tx (V3slim, 11/2019FW) until I get 2 beeps and a blue light. After 2 more blue blinks it goes to steady-red. I haven't even powered the receiver yet. of course it won't bind when I power the rx up; blue and green blink quickly while red is steady on.
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2020, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashsalot
I'm trying to bind a micro receiver. I hold the button on the tx (V3slim, 11/2019FW) until I get 2 beeps and a blue light. After 2 more blue blinks it goes to steady-red. I haven't even powered the receiver yet. of course it won't bind when I power the rx up; blue and green blink quickly while red is steady on.
The tx issue is solved; in the garage it continues blinking blue; I guess something’s interfering upstairs. It still doesn’t bind. Already bound rx still work fine.
May 22, 2020, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Disregard
May 22, 2020, 08:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
The tx issue is solved; in the garage it continues blinking blue; I guess something’s interfering upstairs. It still doesn’t bind. Already bound rx still work fine.
The RED LED on the transmitter indicates a loss of PPM input. That issue must be fixed before trying to bind.

Assuming you fixed the PPM issue, I would need to know what LED indications you are getting on both your Transmitter and Receiver when trying to bind. And also how you are confirming it is not binding.

Mike
May 22, 2020, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
The RED LED on the transmitter indicates a loss of PPM input. That issue must be fixed before trying to bind.

Assuming you fixed the PPM issue, I would need to know what LED indications you are getting on both your Transmitter and Receiver when trying to bind. And also how you are confirming it is not binding.

Mike
Well I could tell it didn't bind because I got no blue LED. Anyway, I used a new Micro-USB-cable and reflashed the rx, and now it's binding. So even without an error message, the flashing must have failed before. Even weirder is with the older USB cable, it did connect fine and I could access the settings etc. so no obvious connection problems.
May 22, 2020, 10:00 PM

WiFi module

Question about the WiFi-module.
Right now I have a setup where the DL-Tx is connected to the SPort for Taranis telemetry. That means the UEXP is occupied. Is there a way I can have both, WiFi plus wired telemetry at the same time by splicing the cable?
May 22, 2020, 10:36 PM
Pitot Bandito
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSnowFlyer
How do you know if it is the latest version?
We would have to ask Mike, but I believe no more than 3 years old is when the current gen was issued...
Also, as Noircogi mentioned the UEXP3 (6 pin) connector is the sure way to tell.
Last edited by bonanzaman; May 22, 2020 at 10:41 PM.
May 22, 2020, 10:43 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSnowFlyer
How do you know if it is the latest version?
Hi Mountain Snow Flyer,

I missed your question earlier... There was only one version of the Nano Receiver, so yours is up to date

Mike
May 23, 2020, 01:37 AM

Pre-built MavToPassthrough, with instructions (Updated)

I'm happy to finally be able to provide a pre-built version of the latest MavToPassthrough firmware.

MavToPassthrough is a fantastic piece of software developed by Eric Stockenstrom which provides the following main services.

1. Decode incoming Mavlink packet data and re-encode it to "Frsky Passthrough" format which is used by Yaapu and other LUA scrips on OpenTX-capable transmitters.

2. Relay those Mavlink Packets via WiFi and/or Bluetooth to ground-station software like Mission Planner, QGroundControl, Tower etc. for aircraft configuration and tracking.

I've provided a Google doc with instructions and a link to the latest builds.

Two versions are available. One for use with the internal ESP32 on recent Dragonlink transmitters with WiFi on board. The other for an external Heltec WiFi Kit 32 board.

The Dragonlink internal version is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

The Heltec external version is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

This is a short demo video of some of the functionality running on a TX16S. I only made this as a TX16S quick-look video. Sorry for the extraneous stuff in here. This demo is using the internal ESP32 in the latest Dragonlink V3 transmitters, but use is the same with the external board. Only the installation is different.
Radiomaster TX16S with Dragonlink, Yaapu, Mav2PT, Arduplane, and 26800 LiIon cells. (4 min 12 sec)

In the past, you've had to compile your own version to use this. Thanks to Eric's great work you can now configure everything needed over the web interface, so using a pre-built version is feasible.

This is a single-image, so you just flash it with the ESP32 download tool and it's good to go!

Later updates can be done over wifi once the initial flashing is done.

Edit: 2020/05/23 Added Internal ESP32 version.
Last edited by Noircogi; May 23, 2020 at 12:39 PM.
May 23, 2020, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Hi Solhead,

Yes it did leave the USA !!! I have only been shipping for 10 years now, and everyone always assumes something stopped where they saw the last scan... What REALLY happens, is that it leaves the USA and gets held up in the receiving countries customers, post system, etc. etc. It does not show up again in tracking until processed in Spain and on its way to you.

Given what is going on with COVID 19, a delay and no update in Spain is no surprise... This is exactly why we are not shipping international at this time... Is there any way you can check in your country ???

Mike

Yesterday I went to my post office and they do not know that the package has entered Spain, it seems to them that it is still in the USA.

https://www.correos.es/ss/Satellite/...ltadoForm=true

I can't do anything else, I've been waiting for the package for 2 months and I don't think it will come.
May 23, 2020, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Question about the WiFi-module.
Right now I have a setup where the DL-Tx is connected to the SPort for Taranis telemetry. That means the UEXP is occupied. Is there a way I can have both, WiFi plus wired telemetry at the same time by splicing the cable?
See my post above about MavToPassthrough. That should do what you're asking for, plus enable full Yaapu.
I will make a build for the internal ESP32 WiFi in the Dragonlink V3 available soon.
May 23, 2020, 04:17 AM

Telemetry sensor

Hi Folks!
Can anyone please tell me the available sensors supported by Tango 2 pro.?
May 23, 2020, 08:07 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solhead
Yesterday I went to my post office and they do not know that the package has entered Spain, it seems to them that it is still in the USA.

https://www.correos.es/ss/Satellite/...ltadoForm=true

I can't do anything else, I've been waiting for the package for 2 months and I don't think it will come.
Hi Solhead,

Do not give up !!! We will make sure this arrives. I know Spain was especially hard hit from COVID-19, I still suspect it might be delayed there somewhere. Of course the Spanish post does not see it yet, if it has not passed through customs they will not have it in their system. I am wondering if we can send something now ??? Is mail, etc operating in Spain ???

Please PM me your full name, address, and phone number.

Mike
Last edited by JettPilot; May 23, 2020 at 08:23 AM.
May 23, 2020, 08:10 AM
Dear Noircogi.....Thank you for instructions
May 23, 2020, 08:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi
I'm happy to finally be able to provide a pre-built version of the latest MavToPassthrough firmware.

This is a single-image, so you just flash it with the ESP32 download tool and it's good to go!
Thank You !!!! That is amazing

Based on your reports in the TX16S thread, I put in an order for the TX16S last week, they are out of stock but at least I have my place in line. Where did you get those Huge Batteries , I looked at LionWarehouse, but did not see any that size listed.

I have put the Mavlink2Passthrough ESP32 firmware and instructions on how to load it onto your Dragon Link transmitter on our website at the link below:

http://www.dragonlinkrc.com/instruct...ent/wifisetup/

Mike
Last edited by JettPilot; May 23, 2020 at 08:35 AM.

Quick Reply