Apr 09, 2020, 03:57 PM

Issues with the Bluetooth functionality not working

I'm not sure it this is the thread I should be posting to, but I saw Noircogi post about getting bluetooth functionality set up for the DragonLink. I have been having issues with my DragonLink TX not connecting via bluetooth to the laptop. I have posted a picture of my General Settings and the External connections for the DragonLink TX. I also have listed the pictures showing that the DragonLink is paired to the computer, but not actually connected. This can be seen by referencing the image of the Device Manager screen. The bluetooth is paired but is not communicating with a comm port. This means that I am not able to connect to it in Mission Planner.

For a reference I have included images of the TX I am using. I think it's about 1.5 years old. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really scratching my head at this one since the computer says it's paired with the device. I tried it with my buddy's DL TX that is the same model but he bought it a few months ago.
It worked and connected just fine. So I thought I'd reach out and see if I could get some help.

Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2020, 04:20 PM
I'm guessing your friend's TX had an older firmware revision where Bluetooth worked.
Apr 09, 2020, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerolab
I'm not sure it this is the thread I should be posting to, but I saw Noircogi post about getting bluetooth functionality set up for the DragonLink. I have been having issues with my DragonLink TX not connecting via bluetooth to the laptop. I have posted a picture of my General Settings and the External connections for the DragonLink TX. I also have listed the pictures showing that the DragonLink is paired to the computer, but not actually connected. This can be seen by referencing the image of the Device Manager screen. The bluetooth is paired but is not communicating with a comm port. This means that I am not able to connect to it in Mission Planner.

For a reference I have included images of the TX I am using. I think it's about 1.5 years old. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really scratching my head at this one since the computer says it's paired with the device. I tried it with my buddy's DL TX that is the same model but he bought it a few months ago.
It worked and connected just fine. So I thought I'd reach out and see if I could get some help.

Thanks.
Are you using a Vector flight controller or something other than Ardupilot?

You have Mavlink Decoding checked. That is for Vector not pixhawk.

Show a picture of the external connections screen for DL RX and setting for serial port in flight controller
Apr 09, 2020, 09:43 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerolab
So I thought I'd reach out and see if I could get some help.

Thanks.
Hi AeroLab,

We will be happy to help you

The first question is: Is your telemetry set up properly and working ???

Set your Dragon Link transmitter to USB telemetry mode, connect to your computer via USB cable, and see if telemetry works properly.

Let us know your results on this, as the majority of reported " Bluetooth Issues " are actually setup issues, the telemetry, pixhawk, etc not configured correctly.

Mike
Apr 09, 2020, 10:44 PM
I was looking at getting a 1.2 / 1.3 GHZ Video Transmitter Antenna - SMA Mount and a 1.2 / 1.3 GHZ Video Transmitter Antenna - 1.5 Inch ( 4 CM ) Semi Rigid Coax Extension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Hi T Flyoo4,

YES !!! We have a bunch of 1.3 Video transmitters in stock and are shipping right away Which ones do you need ?

Mike
Apr 10, 2020, 05:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_flyoo4
I was looking at getting a 1.2 / 1.3 GHZ Video Transmitter Antenna - SMA Mount and a 1.2 / 1.3 GHZ Video Transmitter Antenna - 1.5 Inch ( 4 CM ) Semi Rigid Coax Extension.
Hi TFlyoo4,

I do not have the SMA mount Antennas, but I have all the others in stock and they ship right away.

Mike
Apr 10, 2020, 07:11 PM

issue with telemtry

Hi all,

im using a f405 wing flight controller a micro Rx and the newest dragonlink tx. i have tried every possible baud rate but i cant seem to get the params. It gets stuck at getting params. I added two pictures.

I also tried what archangel did and used serial 4 but no luck. Does anybody have any suggestion on things i should try? thanks in advance

-Bram
Apr 10, 2020, 07:49 PM
sorry it looks like i fixed it by not using dragonlink mavlink but the radio modem. Is that the correct solution?
Apr 10, 2020, 09:30 PM
Yes. Mission planner will never get params in "Dragonlink Mavlink" mode.
I'm guessing you didn't follow my instructions here: http://www.dragonlinkrc.com/instruct...nt/radiomodem/

Dragonlink Mavlink is really only useful if you're using a Vector and trying to get basic tracking telemetry to your ground-station.
Apr 10, 2020, 10:53 PM
I was mostly wanting the SMA Mount one. When do you think these will be available?

Quote:
Hi TFlyoo4,

I do not have the SMA mount Antennas, but I have all the others in stock and they ship right away.

Mike
Apr 11, 2020, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Hi Redshark123,

That is one of the first Micro RX from 6 years ago, it is good to see you still using it I can fix that, what country are you in ???

Your Dragon Link system is fully guaranteed, and I will be happy to repair, test and give it the latest firmware update free of charge. Send yourburned receiver ONLY, NO antennas, NO accessories or other things. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you include a note explaining what is wrong so that I know what to look for. Also put your full name and return address on the note so that I can send it back to you! If you are OUTSIDE THE USA, you can use the cheapest way possible to send it to us in a small padded envelope, or very small box to keep the postage cost low. The mail is very reliable and fast in the USA so there is no need to pay extra for express mail, or very expensive tracking. Send to:
ROSA YSLA
PO BOX 388
CORTARO AZ 85652
USA

Hi Mike

Good to here this from you.The Dragonlink is awesome I been using it for more than 6 years without problem and I burned it my self because of mistake in connecting Autopilot .
The problem is that I am from Oman .The cost of shipping in my country is expensive comparing with the Rx cost .already I got new Micro Rx but just I want to give it a try. I think it will be worthless to send it to you .If you can send me that part burned or give me a link to buy online I will try to fix it in local shop and if it is fixed then wow it will be back working for another 6 years maybe , If not I will give up and send it to grave ...
This is My address:
Oman, Al Batinah south, Al Rustaq
B.O.box306 P.C.329
Zip:329

My Paypal : [email protected] (If there is any payment for shipping or something Please send it)

Anyway I will ask about the shipping cost first and then I will inform you if worth it.Maybe after sometime because we have curfew now because of this Covid19.

Thank you .

Salim
Apr 11, 2020, 09:23 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshark123
Hi Mike

Good to here this from you.The Dragonlink is awesome I been using it for more than 6 years without problem and I burned it my self because of mistake in connecting Autopilot .
The problem is that I am from Oman .The cost of shipping in my country is expensive comparing with the Rx cost .already I got new Micro Rx but just I want to give it a try. I think it will be worthless to send it to you .If you can send me that part burned or give me a link to buy online I will try to fix it in local shop and if it is fixed then wow it will be back working for another 6 years maybe , If not I will give up and send it to grave ...
This is My address:
Oman, Al Batinah south, Al Rustaq
B.O.box306 P.C.329
Zip:329

My Paypal : [email protected] (If there is any payment for shipping or something Please send it)

Anyway I will ask about the shipping cost first and then I will inform you if worth it.Maybe after sometime because we have curfew now because of this Covid19.

Thank you .

Salim
Hi Salim,

I will be happy to send you the part you need. That one should not be hard to change, and there is a good chance that will fix it

Mike
Apr 11, 2020, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Hi Salim,

I will be happy to send you the part you need. That one should not be hard to change, and there is a good chance that will fix it

Mike

Thank you Mike much appreciate.
Apr 11, 2020, 11:06 AM

dragon link transmitter blinking red

I bought a new dragon link system a while ago and havenít used it for about a year. I went to go fly and the transmitter blinks red. I have looked at my manual and checked the cable and connections and they look fine. I have also made sure the transmitter is in PPM. It worked perfectly up until now. I have read that others have had similar issues. Is this a simple fix or do I have to send it in for repair?
Thanks,

Craig
Apr 11, 2020, 11:10 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsb
I bought a new dragon link system a while ago and havenít used it for about a year. I went to go fly and the transmitter blinks red. I have looked at my manual and checked the cable and connections and they look fine. I have also made sure the transmitter is in PPM. It worked perfectly up until now. I have read that others have had similar issues. Is this a simple fix or do I have to send it in for repair?
Thanks,

Craig
Hi Craig,

Which transmitter do you have, can you post a picture of it ???

Mike

Quick Reply