Mar 25, 2020, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash111
Every couple of minutes I get a sensor lost warning.... Telemetry data connection between dragonlink transmitter and the taranis receiver get lost. Control works but telemetry don't pass the data always. If I reboot dragonlink or the taranis receiver the telemetry data resume. It's something between the DL transmitter and the taranis receiver that doesn't play nice after couple of minutes. Have also try to update taranis receiver and tried 3 different receivers.

Any tought?
Does it not recover on its own? That would be the expected behavior without the relay. The problem with the relay is that the receiver is trying to poll for SPort telemetry data and the DL transmitter doesn't support that.

What you're trying to do works fine without the relay, correct?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2020, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi
Does it not recover on its own? That would be the expected behavior without the relay. The problem with the relay is that the receiver is trying to poll for SPort telemetry data and the DL transmitter doesn't support that.

What you're trying to do works fine without the relay, correct?
Without the relay it work.

With the relay it will also recover after a while , but as taranis expect a sensor value update at least every 10sec, it gives the sensor lost warning. So basically DL need to pass the values at least once in 10seconds.
Mar 26, 2020, 08:38 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Without the relay it work.

With the relay it will also recover after a while , but as taranis expect a sensor value update at least every 10sec, it gives the sensor lost warning. So basically DL need to pass the values at least once in 10seconds.
The Dragon Link sends telemetry as fast as it gets it. If there is a delay of more than 10 seconds, it is being caused in your relay setup somewhere.

Mike
Mar 27, 2020, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
The Dragon Link sends telemetry as fast as it gets it. If there is a delay of more than 10 seconds, it is being caused in your relay setup somewhere.

Mike
Relay is simpel as just Taranis receiver and my jumper transmitter, other telemetry data like taranis Rssi gets throu from the taranis receiver , so no disconnection in service there. It's between taranis receiver and the dragonlink transmitter what goes wrong. Whether dragonlink stop sending the data to the s.port or taranis receiver stop accepting the data from uexp port is something that I can't test at home. One of this 2 stop talking to each other. It's something you may consider to test at your own lab to find out what exactly the bug is for future updates. It's definitely not just 1 receiver related as I have tested on multiple different receivers and different firmwares.
Mar 27, 2020, 08:53 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Relay is simpel as just Taranis receiver and my jumper transmitter, other telemetry data like taranis Rssi gets throu from the taranis receiver , so no disconnection in service there. It's between taranis receiver and the dragonlink transmitter what goes wrong. Whether dragonlink stop sending the data to the s.port or taranis receiver stop accepting the data from uexp port is something that I can't test at home. One of this 2 stop talking to each other. It's something you may consider to test at your own lab to find out what exactly the bug is for future updates. It's definitely not just 1 receiver related as I have tested on multiple different receivers and different firmwares.
Hi Crash111,

Yes, there is a good chance that something is just going wrong somewhere, that the Dragon Link is not reading at the moment the Taranis receiver is sending. Is your BAUD RATE set correctly ?? This could be a simple Dragon Link setting causing this strange behavior. Because the Dragon Link has the capability to send really fast telemetry data, it sends full mavlink data, a whole lot of stuff and refreshes many times a second. Simple Taranis telemetry should be easy.

Mike
Mar 27, 2020, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Hi Crash111,

Yes, there is a good chance that something is just going wrong somewhere, that the Dragon Link is not reading at the moment the Taranis receiver is sending. Is your BAUD RATE set correctly ?? This could be a simple Dragon Link setting causing this strange behavior. Because the Dragon Link has the capability to send really fast telemetry data, it sends full mavlink data, a whole lot of stuff and refreshes many times a second. Simple Taranis telemetry should be easy.

Mike

I have tried all the available Baudrates. My best guess is that taranis receiver isn't working correctly as you read more about this issues even when using other fly controls that are directly connected to the taranis receiver s.port and the taranis transmitter warns if no value updates has been received from the taranis receiver every 10 seconds. So it's 99% sure not a dragonlink generated issue but frysky / taranis issue. I am just going to leave it as it is and enjoy the dragonlink

Is there any benefit to use 2s VS 3s lipo for the output power & range?
Mar 27, 2020, 04:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I have tried all the available Baudrates. My best guess is that taranis receiver isn't working correctly as you read more about this issues even when using other fly controls that are directly connected to the taranis receiver s.port and the taranis transmitter warns if no value updates has been received from the taranis receiver every 10 seconds. So it's 99% sure not a dragonlink generated issue but frysky / taranis issue. I am just going to leave it as it is and enjoy the dragonlink

Is there any benefit to use 2s VS 3s lipo for the output power & range?
Hi Crash111,

There is also a BAUD RATE setting on the Dragon Link receiver, do not forget to try different values there. Whenever I get stuck on something, I do a lot of trying different settings etc until I figure it out and make it work.

The first thing the Dragon Link system does is change the input voltage to the ones it uses internally. So the system will perform EXACTLY THE SAME on a 2 or 3 cell battery. Use whichever one you like best

Mike
Mar 27, 2020, 06:24 PM
Hey Guys, Im trying to hook up telemetry to my Maytek 405 wing board via bluetooth. On the DL instructions it has parameters for the pixhawk. Just wondering if anyone knows what parameters to change for the 405 wing board. thanks
Mar 27, 2020, 07:31 PM
F405 Wing doesn't have RTS/CTS, so you need to use the "No flow control" values. Otherwise it's the same.

The F765 Wing supports flow control for your future info.
Mar 27, 2020, 07:40 PM
Thanks Noircogi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi
F405 Wing doesn't have RTS/CTS, so you need to use the "No flow control" values. Otherwise it's the same.

The F765 Wing supports flow control for your future info.
Mar 27, 2020, 10:39 PM
Hi Mike,

Did you shipped my lovely DL. I miss my DL
Mar 28, 2020, 08:03 AM

DL GUI not connecting to TX and INAV set up (bonus Q)

I'm **sure** this has been covered somewhere but I couldn't find it and I'm super stuck!

I've got a V3 TX and I'm trying to get it to connect to the GUI and it won't. The setup seems different than the instructions as the downloaded ZIP file has an executable, a TX file and an RX file but no "setup" exe like the PDF manual shows. When I plug the TX in I see a "VCOM" device hooked to the computer but nothing else. I feel like maybe the drivers aren't installed but I can't really see a way to do that. The GUI shows a Home/General tab and no devices. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Also once past this issue I want to wire my DL up to a F405Wing with telemetry. I don't see many great resources on how to do that so if anybody has any great resources for that, I'd be super appreciative!

All the best,
Peter
Mar 28, 2020, 08:49 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter.braswell
I'm **sure** this has been covered somewhere but I couldn't find it and I'm super stuck!

I've got a V3 TX and I'm trying to get it to connect to the GUI and it won't. The setup seems different than the instructions as the downloaded ZIP file has an executable, a TX file and an RX file but no "setup" exe like the PDF manual shows. When I plug the TX in I see a "VCOM" device hooked to the computer but nothing else. I feel like maybe the drivers aren't installed but I can't really see a way to do that. The GUI shows a Home/General tab and no devices. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Also once past this issue I want to wire my DL up to a F405Wing with telemetry. I don't see many great resources on how to do that so if anybody has any great resources for that, I'd be super appreciative!

All the best,
Peter
Hi Peter Braswell,

We are happy to help you even if the question has been asked before as it would be very difficult and time consuming to find the specific answers you need in this huge, gigantic thread

1. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you update your firmware to the latest, we have HUGE IMPROVEMENTS in telemetry in recent firmware.

2. There is no more installation for the GUI , and no drivers needed. Just connect your Dragon Link and run the GUI .exe and it will just work.

3. The Dragon Link will work perfectly with your Matek F405 Wing, just use the RADIO MODEM setup instructions on our website www.dragonlinkrc.com

Mike
Mar 28, 2020, 09:49 AM
Mike, Thank you for your prompt response. Your customer service is second to none!

So I'm having problems with the "Run the GUI and it just works part". For me it doesn't.

FWIW I picked this unit up while you were out of stock. I literally should have waited just a few more days. It was advertised as a V3 and I'm hoping that's the case it has a Bluetooth module for sure. Is there any other troubleshooting hints you can give me? I tried holding the button down while booting to get the flashing white LEDs. No banana!

I'm sure I'm doing something (or not doing something) obvious or dumb but I just can't get it to connect with the GUI!

Thank you in advance!!

-Peter

QUOTE=JettPilot;44120673]Hi Peter Braswell,

We are happy to help you even if the question has been asked before as it would be very difficult and time consuming to find the specific answers you need in this huge, gigantic thread

1. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you update your firmware to the latest, we have HUGE IMPROVEMENTS in telemetry in recent firmware.

2. There is no more installation for the GUI , and no drivers needed. Just connect your Dragon Link and run the GUI .exe and it will just work.

3. The Dragon Link will work perfectly with your Matek F405 Wing, just use the RADIO MODEM setup instructions on our website www.dragonlinkrc.com

Mike[/QUOTE]
Mar 28, 2020, 10:45 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter.braswell
Mike, Thank you for your prompt response. Your customer service is second to none!

So I'm having problems with the "Run the GUI and it just works part". For me it doesn't.
Hi Peter,

If you have USB connector on your Dragon Link, you have a V3 and it will work. Send me a picture of the Bottom plate of your transmitter and I can tell you exactly what you have. What exactly happens when you run the GUI and plug in the Dragon Link ??? Look for a tab to show at the top that will say TX or RX, and click that, and you will see all the picture.

If it does not work, take a picture or screenshot of the GUI so that I can see what you are getting.

Mike

Quick Reply