Feb 25, 2020, 03:34 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregin Austin
Mike,

Did you see my posts, #82272-82274 in reply to your post 82271?
I'm looking for some direction on how to proceed?
I believe the BT module has failed?

Thanks,

GV
Hi Greg,

The Dragon Link transmitter does not care if the Bluetooth module is working or not. If you want to send the transmitter to me, I can replace that module for free.

Your best and fastest option is to get an ESP32 module for 20 dollars from Amazon. Noircogi has setup instructions published for it. I have never used the Bluetooth on that module, so I do not know the answer to that question. Everyone uses the WiFi because of its increased range over Bluetooth.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2020, 04:07 PM

Hi Mike

Can you est. shipping date for order #202002052587. Ordered 2/5/20. Thanks.
Feb 25, 2020, 09:12 PM
I know it's possible to pass telemetry (Mavlink) data from Pixhawk <-> Dragonlink RX <-> Dragonlink TX <-> OpenTX Radio Transmitter.

I know it's possible to configure FRSky radios to work with DL in a relay configuration.

Has any one implemented or seen DL telemetry with an FRSky Relay configuration?

Pixhawk <-> Dragonlink RX <-> Dragonlink TX <-> Yapuu Converter <-> FRSky X8R RX <-> FRSKY XJT TX <->OpenTX Radio Transmitter

Hoping to have Pixhawk telemetry pass through DL in a relay configuration to my Jumper T16 running Yapuu script as well as have simultaneous bluetooth telemetry/control to laptop running mission planner.

Thoughts?
Feb 25, 2020, 09:18 PM
Essentially this.
Feb 25, 2020, 09:42 PM
Yes, set up an ESP32 running this: https://github.com/zs6buj/MavlinkToPassthru/wiki at your ground-station.
Feb 26, 2020, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by visioneer_one
I had the same predicament... I had a couple of V2 transmitters that needed updating, but no cable available.

the official cable hasn't been sold for years.

After doing a bunch of searching the answer I needed was right there in the manual on page 20 - you can build your own update cable using a standard 3.3V FTDI.

Short description :

Code:
FTDI (ground) to DL TX pin 1
FTDI (Rx) to DL TX pin 3 
FTDI (Tx) to DL TX pin 2
FTDI (RTS) to DL TX pin 4
(from the manual)
Updating your firmware with a 3rd party FTDI cable

It is possible to update your DragonLink V2 with a 3rd party FTDI board. Before attempting to use a 3rd party adapter, you must first make sure that the adapter is capable of being used with the DragonLink. The following requirements must be met:
  • Either 3.3V or 5V logic level serial adapters will work. The DragonLink is 3.3V Vcc, however it is 5V tolerant.
  • The FTDI board must have a DTR or RESET pin. This is vital, and without it the FTDI board will not work with the DragonLink as this pin is used to reset the DragonLink into update mode.
The pinout for the DragonLink V2 is as follows (starting at the pin nearest to the S in serial on the label):
  • Gnd
  • TX
  • RX
  • RESET*
For Gnd and RESET*, the connection to the FTDI board will be directly from one label to another. Thus, Gnd will connect to Gnd and RESET* will connect to the pin labeled DTR, RESET* or such. For the RX and TX lines, a cross over must occur so that the FTDI board transmits to the receive pin on the DragonLink. Thus, RX connects to TX and TX connects to RX .

Pictures of the official and self-made cable are attached.

I built up an adapter as described and was able to successfully update all of my transmitters.
(I no longer have my adapter as I gave it away to someone else on this forum)
Thank you very much sir
Very helpful ,you saved my old V2
much appreciate.
Feb 26, 2020, 12:59 PM
Hi Mike,

I can get an ESP32 from Amazon but I still don't have any 5 pin UEXP cables to connect it to the DL TX.

Did you send me the 5 pin UEXP cable last week? I have not received it.

What is the turn around time to get my TX repaired?

Thanks,

Greg
Feb 26, 2020, 01:06 PM
Hi Mike,

Does the ESP32 that you sell come with the 5 pin UEXP cable?

Thanks,

Greg
Feb 26, 2020, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregin Austin
Hi Mike,

Does the ESP32 that you sell come with the 5 pin UEXP cable?

Thanks,

Greg
Yeah, it's ready for hookup. However, in the end you won't be able to do much with it, because it has no USB port for updates. Better buy the ESP32 module that Noircogi also uses (Heltec with display) and have Mike send you a UEXP cable.
Feb 26, 2020, 05:16 PM

Dragonlink tx help

Need cabling for this Dragonlink TX. I do not know age. Any advice appreciated...thank you
Feb 26, 2020, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkweagle
Need cabling for this Dragonlink TX. I do not know age. Any advice appreciated...thank you
Power and signal cable is the same as the new ones. Order from DL.
http://www.fpvpro.com/dragon-link-connection-cables
Feb 26, 2020, 09:32 PM
Hey Mike, was wondering if you were able to ship out some stuff Monday or Tuesday as stated. Order number 202002152592. Thanks
Last edited by T_flyoo4; Feb 26, 2020 at 10:35 PM.
Feb 27, 2020, 06:31 AM
Hi Mike. Still are you working on my Tx to ship to Turkey ? Or did you give up ?
Feb 27, 2020, 02:03 PM

bernieg

Can anyone provide rf power frequency antenna gain and any FCC id number for the dragon link transmitter>
Feb 28, 2020, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernieg1234
Can anyone provide rf power frequency antenna gain and any FCC id number for the dragon link transmitter>
No FCC (or EC) number, Performance more than sufficient

Quick Reply