Feb 12, 2020, 06:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysvr
Any solution how to make work the knob?
Another issue is as others reported the BT problem...no data received, maybe a new firmware OR flash a previous one...
The majority of those reports were NOT Bluetooth problems, including the last one.... The vast majority of " Bluetooth Problem " reports are wrong, and usually incorrect settings on flight controller, incorrect Dragon Link setups, and wiring problems, which are very different than a Bluetooth problem.

If I had started giving solutions and help for a " Bluetooth Problem " on the last case where the user reported a Bluetooth problem, the guy would have wasted days and days of troubleshooting, wasted effort, and gotten very frustrated, as he would have never solved anything... Since the problem was really no telemetry data getting to his Dragon Link receiver.

As far as the knob, look at its movement in the Dragon Link TRANSMITTER GUI, and let me know what you see there.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2020, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
The majority of those reports were NOT Bluetooth problems, including the last one.... The vast majority of " Bluetooth Problem " reports are wrong, and usually incorrect settings on flight controller, incorrect Dragon Link setups, and wiring problems, which are very different than a Bluetooth problem.

If I had started giving solutions and help for a " Bluetooth Problem " on the last case where the user reported a Bluetooth problem, the guy would have wasted days and days of troubleshooting, wasted effort, and gotten very frustrated, as he would have never solved anything... Since the problem was really no telemetry data getting to his Dragon Link receiver.

As far as the knob, look at its movement in the Dragon Link TRANSMITTER GUI, and let me know what you see there.

Mike
@harrysvr, A picture is worth a thousand words.
Feb 13, 2020, 09:11 AM
Ready to CRASH agian!
Feb 13, 2020, 12:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrimes1907
Ready to CRASH agian!
Hi MGrimes1907,

I consider you lucky, even with the crash... You are getting to fly almost every day which is just AWESOME !!! The laminating on that plane appears to have worked really worked well, since the plane did not break into pieces.

I will be laminating my wings before I fly again. It will be a while though, as we are crazy busy on production, and then have a few new Dragon Link things we are working on

Mike
Feb 13, 2020, 03:32 PM
0800howsmyflying
Quote:
Hi MGrimes1907,

I consider you lucky, even with the crash... You are getting to fly almost every day which is just AWESOME !!! The laminating on that plane appears to have worked really worked well, since the plane did not break into pieces.

I will be laminating my wings before I fly again. It will be a while though, as we are crazy busy on production, and then have a few new Dragon Link things we are working on

Mike

Looking forward to more stock soon
Feb 13, 2020, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Hi MGrimes1907,

Mike
Actually, the weather here has been AWFUL for flying. The wind has been blowing all the time and the rain is on again off again, The sun has hardly shown in weeks. Work is stacking up and I am working late, so I wish I got to fly everyday. But when the weather gets better and the days get longer, I will be flying every day.

Florida, The Sunshine State my butt!
Feb 14, 2020, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi
That sounds like what would happen if you have that output of the receiver configured for PPM, rather than a normal PWM channel value.
It is configure as PPM , the first 4ch for el/rud/ail/thro, next 2ch for MFD control, and 7=ppm , 8=rssi, and I assigned the 3 from DL adv to 9=sw1, 10=sw2, 11=rotary knob, 10+11 works OK BUT 11=knob doesn't!!
Its not possible to change 1 channel to pwm and how the other switches work and the knob not?
Feb 14, 2020, 05:55 AM
Quote:
That sounds like what would happen if you have that output of the receiver configured for PPM, rather than a normal PWM channel value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrimes1907
@harrysvr, A picture is worth a thousand words.
A picture of what? gui?
Feb 14, 2020, 07:35 AM
Quote:
It is configure as PPM , the first 4ch for el/rud/ail/thro, next 2ch for MFD control, and 7=ppm , 8=rssi, and I assigned the 3 from DL adv to 9=sw1, 10=sw2, 11=rotary knob, 10+11 works OK BUT 11=knob doesn't!!
Its not possible to change 1 channel to pwm and how the other switches work and the knob not?
What do you have connected to output 7 of the receiver? A servo, or a flight controller? If you have an output configured for PPM, servos will just kind of wander around when connected.

RSSI is analog RSSI in this case by the way.

Showing a screen shot of your RX configuration and wiring would help.
Feb 14, 2020, 08:46 AM
Quote:
A picture of what? gui?
Of the screen from the GUI to see what settings you have set
Feb 14, 2020, 12:23 PM
Quote:
What do you have connected to output 7 of the receiver? A servo, or a flight controller? If you have an output configured for PPM, servos will just kind of wander around when connected.

RSSI is analog RSSI in this case by the way.

Showing a screen shot of your RX configuration and wiring would help.
7 is ppm connected to auto pilot(MFD), rx gui photo maybe tomorrow but wiring difficult because its inside the plane...
Feb 14, 2020, 05:07 PM
Mike: What is est. ship date for order #202002052587? Thanks, I know your busy.
Feb 14, 2020, 11:22 PM
Trying to get help for my UAS designer with V3 installation: it's not working in accordance with the manuals on the DragonLink site. I have posted a request for help to support, with no reply. This is an urgent, schedule-critical request today, 14Feb20.
Feb 14, 2020, 11:30 PM
Just post the question here. We'll help you. I can't do anything with "It's not working in accordance with the manuals".
Feb 15, 2020, 02:10 AM

Dragonlink Availability

Hello everyone!

I am unable to order the dragonlink system. It seems to be out of stock everywhere.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Quick Reply