Jan 14, 2020, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the quick replies,

I'm in the process of building a new office/build room. I don't have my new computer set up yet. Believe me, I've struggled with this windows 8 abomination for a long time, too long.

I'll try again after I get my new rig all set up.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2020, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Hi Hondo6251,

The best advice I can give is: Windows 8 is horrible, you should update your computer to Windows 10. With an operating system as old and bad as Windows 8, you will have a lot of problems with a lot of different things.

To connect your system for now, Try to install the manual USB drivers on your computer, they are on our website at this address:

http://www.dragonlinkrc.com/instruct...t/v3downloads/

Mike
Thanks. I tried those to no avail. I've needed a good excuse to ditch this crappy old computer for a while. This is as good as any.

Appreciate your response.
Jan 14, 2020, 01:14 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo76251
Thanks. I tried those to no avail. I've needed a good excuse to ditch this crappy old computer for a while. This is as good as any.

Appreciate your response.
Hi Hondo,

You can keep the computer, just upgrade to Windows 10 The windows 10 upgrade is free, and will bring new life into an older computer !!! I have windows 10 running on a 12 year old laptop and it does great.

Mike
Jan 14, 2020, 01:24 PM
Well, I'm getting into 3d printing and I already make a lot of videos and this old computer is not really up to the task of 4K editing.

but since you mentioned it I do have a laptop that I should probably upgrade... Was thinking of digging it out and using it as part of my ground station.

Thanks for the tip!
Jan 14, 2020, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the quick response Mike (JettPilot)

I started up the calibration program. It was set to V2 1280 friendly so I switched it over to V2 Normal. I ran the calibration and it failed. So I switched back to 1280 friendly and it also failed.

Not sure if this is relevent, but when I started up the RXV2Config program, I got two messages saying:

Wrong firmware detected for this GUI
Please download an updated GUI

Firmware v. 3.3

Not sure if that matters.
Jan 14, 2020, 09:39 PM
Update: When I change over to the "V2 Normal" from the "1280 friendly" do I need to select the "save" button off to t he left - before running the calibration? My laptop battery has died and the charger is at work so will have to come back to it tomorrow evening, but it just popped into my mind that there is a save button. Maybe this is why the calibration failed?
Jan 14, 2020, 09:43 PM
Hey Noircogi,

You can put these with your Believer .stl's on thingiverse. The covers are tight. They are kinda hard to snap in, but they do fit after cleaning up.
The spring can be replaced with a spring from a ball point pen cut to length.

They are the latch and latch covers for the wings and tail fins. Yes I already managed to crash. it was a stupid mistake that I made in the params. I can't have one that isn't crashed, I guess.
Jan 14, 2020, 10:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentus
Thanks for the quick response Mike (JettPilot)

I started up the calibration program. It was set to V2 1280 friendly so I switched it over to V2 Normal. I ran the calibration and it failed. So I switched back to 1280 friendly and it also failed.

Not sure if this is relevent, but when I started up the RXV2Config program, I got two messages saying:

Wrong firmware detected for this GUI
Please download an updated GUI

Firmware v. 3.3

Not sure if that matters.
Hi Quentus,

Do this, turn on your V2 transmitter normally so you have a GREEN LED. Now push and hold the BIND button, does the LED go Solid Red, or Flashing RED ???

Mike
Jan 14, 2020, 10:47 PM
Hi, I ordered a Micro Receiver about a week ago and it still says processing on the website. Will this be shipping soon?

Thanks
Jan 15, 2020, 02:25 AM
Ok, some progress made. I updated my old laptop to Windows 10. I can now use the GUI and have updated the RX and TX. Both seem to be working together but now I cannot get anything to bluetooth to the transmitter. I've downloaded Mission planner on the PC and I have Q Ground control on my Android phone. Before I updated I was able to connect the phone app to the TX. Now I can't seem to get the Q Ground Control or the ArduPilot to connect. Looking back on my FPV Pro account it seems this transmitter was purchased in March of '19 and does not have the newest Wifi module. I tried the ESP32 download tool but I'm not getting anywhere with it.

Where can I find the Barney version of how to update my wifi?
Jan 15, 2020, 04:12 AM
Dear JettPilot please send me private message I don't understand rc group form properly I send you privately message about v4 should I wait for v4 or buy v3
Jan 15, 2020, 08:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoxpgh
Hi, I ordered a Micro Receiver about a week ago and it still says processing on the website. Will this be shipping soon?

Thanks
Hi Jcxpgh,

Thank you for your order, and Yes it will We are exceptionally busy right now, and struggling to keep up on production. The receivers are almost finished and will ship in a day or two.

Mike
Jan 15, 2020, 08:23 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo76251
Ok, some progress made. I updated my old laptop to Windows 10. I can now use the GUI and have updated the RX and TX. Both seem to be working together but now I cannot get anything to bluetooth to the transmitter. I've downloaded Mission planner on the PC and I have Q Ground control on my Android phone. Before I updated I was able to connect the phone app to the TX. Now I can't seem to get the Q Ground Control or the ArduPilot to connect. Looking back on my FPV Pro account it seems this transmitter was purchased in March of '19 and does not have the newest Wifi module. I tried the ESP32 download tool but I'm not getting anywhere with it.

Where can I find the Barney version of how to update my wifi?
Hi Honda76251,

If your purchased in March 2019, your transmitter does not have WiFi. Please post a picture of the bottom of your transmitter so that we can confirm this.

You can connect via Bluetooth or USB cable now. To connect via WiFi you would need to get the separate ESP32 module to connect via the USB port.

Mike
Jan 15, 2020, 08:25 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by UHFdargonlink
Dear JettPilot please send me private message I don't understand rc group form properly I send you privately message about v4 should I wait for v4 or buy v3
Hi UHFDragonLink,

There is no V4 system planned anytime soon. We constantly make nice updates to the V3 system, so we just call it Dragon Link advanced now. If we made a new number every time we improved something, we would be at V20 by now

Mike
Jan 15, 2020, 10:23 AM
Mike,

You are correct. I do not have the wifi version. I was so focused on updates that I managed to overlook that glaringly obvious part. I need to get another system up and running so I've put in a "Notify Me" request on FPV Pro for another transmitter when they become available.

In the mean time I looked at the Wifi module but there was no "Notify me" option under it. Is there anywhere else I can purchase one or will you have them available again soon?

That brings me back to my original problem. I can't seem to get the TX to link to the Ardupilot program. It keep saying no heartbeat packets received. I've tried setting "Dragonlink Mavlink" to the bluetooth and to the USB and neither one seems to work. I have Mavlink decoding enabled. Is there any other tricks I may be missing?

Quick Reply