Dec 01, 2019, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrimes1907
You have to set up failsafe on the throttle value
Yes, I have always used that FS method. I think the problem is the GR-24 receiver FS setup.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2019, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aticof
Yes, I have always used that FS method. I think the problem is the GR-24 receiver FS setup.
You have to tell the receiver what throttle value you want it to go to for failsafe. Mine is 900.
Dec 01, 2019, 04:37 PM

Order placed friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Hi GerryB59,

I only use the second antenna for takeoff and landing, or just flying close by. I use a Dragon Link Dipole video transmitter antenna with the long semi rigid coax for this, so I can just bend it vertical above the video receiver. You can also use the vertical antenna that came with your video receiver, since you only use it for very close range.

Mike
Hey Mike ,could a add one of the DL dipole Vtx antenna with the long semi rigid coax to my order that I just placed. There is also 2 other antennas in the order ...thanks
Gerry Beaudoin
Dec 01, 2019, 07:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryb59
Hey Mike ,could a add one of the DL dipole Vtx antenna with the long semi rigid coax to my order that I just placed. There is also 2 other antennas in the order ...thanks
Gerry Beaudoin
Hi Gerry,

I will be happy to add that for you, it will go out in tomorrow's mail.

Mike
Dec 01, 2019, 11:09 PM
Issue...for some reason when I power up my Dragonlink V3 Slim connected to Eagle Tree Vector it boots up properly when I have the Ailerons unplugged, I get valid PPM signals and everything is good, then I plug in the Y harness with the ailerons and all is good after the system has been powered on.

But if I power up the system with everything connected I only get the red light on the rx and no green light. What could be causing this?

I've narrowed it down to the ailerons, tested them one by one, changed the y-harness, everythings works. Re-ran the vector wizard but I can't power the system as I normally would with everything plugged in. But if I unplug the ailierons from the Vector, power everything up the system is good. I'm flying the My Twin Dream if anyone wants to know. Afraid to fly it with this condition although it works after I power then plug in ailerons. HELP
Dec 01, 2019, 11:15 PM
You need a better BEC. The one you have ramps voltage too slowly.
Dec 01, 2019, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi
You need a better BEC. The one you have ramps voltage too slowly.
I'm running everything through a PDB with a BEC. Do you have a recommendation for a better one?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Dec 02, 2019, 12:22 AM
The Castle 10A is excellent.
Dec 02, 2019, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrimes1907
You have to tell the receiver what throttle value you want it to go to for failsafe. Mine is 900.
I have already managed to solve it, it was incorrect setup of the Rx GR-24 Failsafe
Dec 02, 2019, 05:25 PM
Hey Mike, TransAM Man here but just an update on my lack of RRSI I posted a while back. Been busy lately and haven't posted anything about it but I have it worked out now. The Sonic Bianary issue was the Eagletree Vector itself but I have that working and everything seems to be doing fine. The MTD just needed to have receiver analysis run again on the Vector and is working fine now too. Thanks for all the input from the Group.
Dec 02, 2019, 05:38 PM
Hi JettPilot,
What app would you suggest for Apple device to connect to DL?

Thanks.
Dec 02, 2019, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitik
WiFi lets you use iPhone or iPad, Bluetooth lets you use neither.
Dec 02, 2019, 08:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitik
Hi JettPilot,

Thanks.
Hi Vitik,

As Target0815 says, you need to use WiFi to connect to an apple device. As far as Apps, I do not know if they use the same name, but I use MISSION PLANNER when running on a Windows Computer, and Q Ground control for an android device.

Maybe an Apple user here would know for sure.

http://qgroundcontrol.appstor.io/

Mike
Dec 03, 2019, 11:00 AM

Nov 11 2019 update PDF?

Hey Mike,

Good morning, is there an updated PDF for the latest FW released on 11 NOV 2019? I just updated my fleet from 18APR2018 FW and noticed I have been getting the yellow lights and two beeps from the Tx when not connect / unplugging from the RX and also while flying at distance even though my RSSI was at 70. The only alarms set is the voltage at 11.1V and my Tx is showing a voltage of 12V; I disabled the power switch alarm to? The Tx is set for auto power.

Happy Flying!

Mike
Dec 03, 2019, 11:40 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSloper
Hey Mike,

Good morning, is there an updated PDF for the latest FW released on 11 NOV 2019? I just updated my fleet from 18APR2018 FW and noticed I have been getting the yellow lights and two beeps from the Tx when not connect / unplugging from the RX and also while flying at distance even though my RSSI was at 70. The only alarms set is the voltage at 11.1V and my Tx is showing a voltage of 12V; I disabled the power switch alarm to? The Tx is set for auto power.

Happy Flying!

Mike
Hi LVSloper,

It is good to see you are updating to the latest firmware as everyone should What is happening in your case is not a change in the firmware, but that you are getting a low voltage alarm. When you disconnect the RX and the TX does not see it, the TX goes to full power, drawing more current which is making your voltage drop. Same when your plane flys further away, the TX increases power to compensate, voltage falls, and you get low voltage alarm. The OFF for voltage alarm does not work, so set your low voltage value to 5.0 volts, and SAVE SETTINGS, and the annoying alarms will stop.

No worries about flying, none of what you describe indicates any kind of performance problem, your voltage alarm level is simply higher than it should be.

Mike

Quick Reply