Nov 08, 2019, 10:24 AM
WOW! Firing printer up now, exactly what I've been waiting for! (Note to self: Must order more Nylon spools! )

Thank you so much Papsi for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papsi
I have more "BAD ASS“

Everything with 18650 cells installed. I do not need to lay extra cables anymore. Just drive to the airfield and set up the 2 tripods. Turn everything on and fly off.

1G3 -> 5G8 Video Repeater:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3961073

10inch FPV-Tablet:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3927841

@epquilloy
I only have the V3 Advanced version. No slim.

Maybe Mike donated me one, then I could design a JR holder for it
Last edited by sdigrazia1; Nov 08, 2019 at 10:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2019, 11:02 AM
+1 need a slim version or JR module! Could I give you dimensions?
Nov 08, 2019, 01:15 PM
Here's a fully-parameterized Fusion-360 model which fits the slim. Includes .F3D and .STL models.

Edit: Added mounts for use with normal "Taranis-style" handle, or rigid mount for T16. It's normally better to keep the TX further from the radio for EMI and audio reasons.
Last edited by Noircogi; Nov 08, 2019 at 01:37 PM.
Nov 08, 2019, 02:07 PM
mdv
mdv
Great! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi
Here's a fully-parameterized Fusion-360 model which fits the slim. Includes .F3D and .STL models.

Edit: Added mounts for use with normal "Taranis-style" handle, or rigid mount for T16. It's normally better to keep the TX further from the radio for EMI and audio reasons.
Nov 08, 2019, 06:36 PM
I am struggling to get the my V3 slim with a Bluetooth/Wifi card to connect to my laptop via wifi so I can use it with Mission Planner. I have been searching the forum and the documentation, but haven't found anything that has helped me better understand.

Is connecting the V3 Slim via wifi like the bluetooth setup is supposed to be? Where you turn on the TX and then wait for a few seconds and it should be discoverable by a device? My bluetooth isn't working either or else I would use that.

I have been able to get everything working via the USB on the TX but I would rather not be so closely tied to my laptop when flying, or have to worry about managing a super long usb cable.

Would someone be able to help guide me through getting the wifi connection established? I have a Spektrum DX8 transmitter and the DL Micro RX. I also have Mission Planner set up on a laptop running Windows 10 pro. Thank you!
Nov 09, 2019, 12:34 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerolab
I am struggling to get the my V3 slim with a Bluetooth/Wifi card to connect to my laptop via wifi so I can use it with Mission Planner. I have been searching the forum and the documentation, but haven't found anything that has helped me better understand.

Is connecting the V3 Slim via wifi like the bluetooth setup is supposed to be? Where you turn on the TX and then wait for a few seconds and it should be discoverable by a device? My bluetooth isn't working either or else I would use that.

I have been able to get everything working via the USB on the TX but I would rather not be so closely tied to my laptop when flying, or have to worry about managing a super long usb cable.

Would someone be able to help guide me through getting the wifi connection established? I have a Spektrum DX8 transmitter and the DL Micro RX. I also have Mission Planner set up on a laptop running Windows 10 pro. Thank you!
Hi Aerolab,

It is very easy, just turn on your Dragon Link transmitter, and then connect your computer to the wifi , you will see it as DragonLink

Password is: DragonLink

Connect your computer like you would any WiFi device.

Then in mission planner the IP is 1.1.1.1

Connect via TCP IP

Mike
Nov 09, 2019, 02:46 AM
Mike, finally release the ESP update with the private IP address, not everyone can connect to 1.1.1.1 ...
Nov 09, 2019, 08:32 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target0815
Mike, finally release the ESP update with the private IP address, not everyone can connect to 1.1.1.1 ...
Hi Target0815,

Thank you for the reminder, I have not forgotten. We are doing some changes tot he website software, and the update and instructions will be added the moment the updates are done.

Mike
Nov 09, 2019, 02:49 PM
Hi Mike,

I have a dragonlink v3 slim with old bluetooth module. I bought an external wifi module from you to update my TX. As i use the uexp port to get telemetry to my Taranis how i can connect the external wifi module to keep the Taranis telemetry as well.

Cheers,Yves
Last edited by sitosito; Nov 09, 2019 at 03:18 PM.
Nov 09, 2019, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitosito
Hi Mike,

I have a dragonlink v3 slim with old bluetooth module. I bought an external wifi module from you to update my TX. As i use the uexp port to get telemetry to my Taranis how i can connect the external wifi module to keep the Taranis telemetry as well.

Cheers,Yves
If you're trying to get Mavlink to send to a Teensy runing Mav2P or something, you can splice the blue wire. If you want "Taranis Telemetry", you can't do that with what you have.
Nov 10, 2019, 09:07 PM
iamwin
hey Mike!

Order Number: 201911072423

still no updates yet?

Thanks in advance!

-Erwin
Nov 10, 2019, 09:23 PM
Thanks Papsi, just waiting for the 19mm switch and battery gage.

I modified it a little to fit the repeater and soon the ESP32. Had one corner lift a little but meh...it'll do

Thanks again

Mike- any eta in the nano's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papsi
I've expanded my Dragonlink JR holder and put all the data on Thingiverse online.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3962364

Everything is installed there to operate the DL module as a relay version. Batteries and displays all inclusive. This should allow 2 days of continuous operation without having to charge the batteries.
There are also all parts listed, which are needed for the construction.
Nov 10, 2019, 09:58 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdigrazia1
Thanks Papsi, just waiting for the 19mm switch and battery gage.

I modified it a little to fit the repeater and soon the ESP32. Had one corner lift a little but meh...it'll do

Thanks again

Mike- any eta in the nano's?
Very Nice !!! The yellow and black look pretty good together

I might have one or two that I was using for testing, which one are you looking for, wires or external antenna ?

Mike
Nov 10, 2019, 10:14 PM
Wires, 2-3 if you can spare
Nov 10, 2019, 10:34 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdigrazia1
Wires, 2-3 if you can spare
Hi Sdigrazia,

I have a few that I was using for testing etc that I will dig up for you. I will PM you payment instructions the moment I confirm that I can find 3 of them.

Mike

Quick Reply