Oct 20, 2019, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrimes1907
Another situation that comes to mind in this area is, what if you were flying two planes at the same time and you want to use WiFi telemetry on both?
This is no problem, if the Wifi SSID is freely changeable, or better still automatically generated ("DragonLink_AX0A", "DragonLink_BYJ7").
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2019, 08:31 AM

Advanced rx large mount

A few months ago I shared with you one MicroRx mount:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3718516

Today I have designed this simple and lightweight support for the Advanced Rx Large 1000 mW:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3927019

Just Push & Cick.

>>> SHARING WE ADVANCE <<<
>>> COMPARTIENDO AVANZAMOS <<<
Last edited by aticof; Oct 20, 2019 at 08:53 AM.
Oct 20, 2019, 08:35 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by aticof
A few months ago I shared with you one MicroRx mount:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3718516

Today I have designed this simple and lightweight support for the Advanced Rx Large 1000 mW:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3927019

Just Push & Cick.

>>> COMPARTIENDO AVANZAMOSs <<<
Hi Aticof,

Thank you for sharing !!! That is awesome, much more elegant than the piece of Velcro that I usually use

Mike
Oct 20, 2019, 08:37 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target0815
This is no problem, if the Wifi SSID is freely changeable, or better still automatically generated ("DragonLink_AX0A", "DragonLink_BYJ7").
Hi Target,

You really know your WiFi !!! Keep the suggestions coming, we can do all of this in firmware updates

Mike
Oct 20, 2019, 10:17 PM
iamwin
Quote:
Hi Mike,

I am currently using 10x Matek F405-Wing. There of 6x with Dragonlink. With the usual separation there are no problems with interference on 433 MHz.
I recently did a long range flight with my XUAV snow goose. This has Dragonlink Micro Rx, Matek F405 Wing, and 1.3GHz vtx. I did not use external BEC on the setup since Matek has beefy BEC for the servo rails and other stuff. Was able to reach my target distance 18km with no issues.
Oct 21, 2019, 03:22 AM
alea iacta est
I want to make a Suggestion for next firmware.

I think it would be very interesting to be able to link the output type of Bluetooth, UEXP (Mavlink, Direct modem, Taranis Telemetry, etc ...) to the EXT switch of the Dragonlink transmitter that we use to associate it with the output power of the transmitter or a channel emission as originally designed.

I think this would not be very difficult to program and would make things much easier since the type of telemetry broadcast could be changed without having to use a computer.

There I leave it in case Mike or Dennis want to think about it.

SOLVED IN RESPONSE # 80923 (Thanks jreise)
Last edited by PierPaolo; Oct 22, 2019 at 08:02 AM. Reason: I edit why the solution to this is in the answer # 80923
Oct 21, 2019, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierPaolo
I think this would not be very difficult to program [...]
I think different

The output of the ESP32, no matter if Wifi or Bluetooth, is only controlled by the ESP32 or the software flashed on it. This software has nothing to do with the firmware on the DL Transmitter. These are two completely separate systems.

The connection of the ESP32 to the DL TX consists in principle only of one UART. The UART of the DL TX transmits the data to the UART of the ESP32. In the delivered version, the UART simply forwards the data to the integrated Wifi and Bluetooth. The software/firmware on the DL TX has no influence on this.

This separation has advantages and disadvantages. One advantage is that Dennis has made it possible to update the (integrated) ESP32 via USB from the DL TX. This allows us to install any software on the ESP32 without affecting the DL TX. For example, I flashed the above linked Dronebridge for ESP32 and can transfer Mavlink data or LTM data (ex iNav). Just as well it would be possible to install Eric's Mavlink-Passthrough converter there (with a little customization).

Through this concept Dragonlink as a company can concentrate on the transmitter or the Dragonlink system and we, the community, can concentrate on the desired telemetry features.
Oct 21, 2019, 05:31 AM
alea iacta est
Quote:
I think different …

It may not have explained me correctly,

What I mean is to connect the options on this screen,
With the positions of the external switch (EXT).

Then everyone who sets it up as they want. It is NOT about entering how telemetry data is sent, just being able to vary this option from the switch if desired. You don't have to use this option if you don't want to.

In this way, in the flight field I can choose if I take the telemetry in mavlink mode or modem mode through the internal Bluetooth, or through the expansion port (here if you have an esp32 it will come out in Wi-Fi or through the BT of esp32).

This will give us game to connect the device we want at all times knowing the type of telemetry that comes out for each expansion.

All this does not affect at all how each one has programmed the ESP32 or the device that has connected to the expansion port.

I hope I have explained myself better.

Regards
Last edited by PierPaolo; Oct 21, 2019 at 05:39 AM.
Oct 21, 2019, 06:24 AM
You can forget about the Bluetooth module that's been integrated so far ... There have never been any sensible results with it.

Anyway, I'm only writing from the new ESP32 module. Either integrated or connected to the expansion port. And here you will only be able to choose whether data is output via the integrated module or via the expansion port, no matter what is connected.

Whether one must or should be able to select this via the switch on the DL TX ...? So I don't need it, but there are different wishes .
Oct 21, 2019, 06:46 AM
Hi Mike (JettPilot) . Please answer my emails. I dont know where is my TX which has fixed by you, it came back to you , did you shipped it again and which adress did you ship ?
Oct 21, 2019, 08:00 AM
Quote:
I think different …

The output of the ESP32, no matter if Wifi or Bluetooth, is only controlled by the ESP32 or the software flashed on it. This software has nothing to do with the firmware on the DL Transmitter. These are two completely separate systems.

The connection of the ESP32 to the DL TX consists in principle only of one UART. The UART of the DL TX transmits the data to the UART of the ESP32. In the delivered version, the UART simply forwards the data to the integrated Wifi and Bluetooth. The software/firmware on the DL TX has no influence on this.

This separation has advantages and disadvantages. One advantage is that Dennis has made it possible to update the (integrated) ESP32 via USB from the DL TX. This allows us to install any software on the ESP32 without affecting the DL TX. For example, I flashed the above linked Dronebridge for ESP32 and can transfer Mavlink data or LTM data (ex iNav). Just as well it would be possible to install Eric's Mavlink-Passthrough converter there (with a little customization).

Through this concept Dragonlink as a company can concentrate on the transmitter or the Dragonlink system and we, the community, can concentrate on the desired telemetry features.
What he is suggesting would not be hard to achieve, it would take a little hardware rerouting and telling the ESP32 to look and see if an arbitrary pin is high or low.

Didn’t you make reference to flashing DL’s ESP32 firmware to third party ESP32?
Oct 21, 2019, 08:45 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by epquilloy
I recently did a long range flight with my XUAV snow goose. This has Dragonlink Micro Rx, Matek F405 Wing, and 1.3GHz vtx. I did not use external BEC on the setup since Matek has beefy BEC for the servo rails and other stuff. Was able to reach my target distance 18km with no issues.
Hi Epquilloy,

Thank you for the report. I am glad it is working well for you, I have had such conflicting reports with the Matek F405, I have no idea if these are causing issues or not.

Mike
Oct 21, 2019, 09:46 AM
alea iacta est
Quote:
You can forget about the Bluetooth module that's been integrated so far ... There have never been any sensible results with it.

In the case of Eaglestree Vector telemetry with the Tower app or QGroundControl, in my case, it worked correctly.

Another thing is when we load the internal BT with audipilot data to mission control.
Oct 21, 2019, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierPaolo
In the case of Eaglestree Vector telemetry with the Tower app or QGroundControl, in my case, it worked correctly.
QGroundControl on which device?
Oct 21, 2019, 10:56 AM
Does the Dragonlink Tx module work with the new Jumper T16 radio??

Quick Reply