Oct 09, 2019, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi
So what is your problem then? Use "Radio Modem" for the groundstation and "Radio Modem TX Only" for the tracker.

Ardutracker needs both Tx and Rx, in Mission Planner you can see on the screen the position of the plane and the tracker. It is necessary to send telemetry and receive it.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2019, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solhead
Ardutracker needs both Tx and Rx, in Mission Planner you can see on the screen the position of the plane and the tracker. It is necessary to send telemetry and receive it.
The tracker should only need to send to enable the port on the flight controller to send GPS updates. My settings already do that.

Otherwise, use mavproxy to forward the link. It was designed for this.
Oct 09, 2019, 03:35 PM
Just another user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierPaolo
Possible Issue in setting fail safe in Firm 2019/09/20.

Hello

I have a fat-bound Dragonlink V3.

I have installed the last firm dated September 20, 2019, and at the moment of setting the fail safe values the TX remains with the LEDs lit white / pink and the failsafe values are not saved, , and the system is locked, and must be restart.

I have tried to reinstall the firm version of July 8, 2019 and everything has worked perfectly again, allowing me to set the failsafe values again.

I don't know if the procedure for setting the failsafe values has changed with the firm of September 20, 2019.

Indicate that the TX I have connected a dragonlink wifi / bluetooth module.

Attach a video to show the problem with the firm of 2019/09/20 and setup the fail-safe.

Regards
Quote:
I just tested this. You're right, there is a bug related to setting failsafe positions in the Sept20 TX firmware. The good news is that it works and properly sets failsafe in the receiver. The bad news is that that TX then hangs. So, for the time being, don't try to set failsafe in the air, because you have to power cycle the TX afterwards.

Edit: I reported this directly to Dennis and Mike.
Thanks for the report Noircogi (and PierPaolo) and sorry for the trouble.
That is indeed a bug and I have just replicated it in my end too.
I should have the problem fixed and we will have an updated firmware available shortly..
Oct 09, 2019, 04:26 PM
Guys, which is the best/recommended protocol to use with T16 and dragonlink v3?
I'm using with my brand new T16 and I'm planing to use with Vector Open Telemetry.

PPM? SBUS? Other?
I'm getting a warning (on radio) about SBSU, saying that it will use VBAt voltage is SBUS is selected.....this could be a problem (for dragonlink)? I'm using 3x18650 li-ion cells. I know tha is just a warning, but I would like to avoid damage my DL , that's why I'm asking before try

Tks!

BTW: my DL has arrived fine Mike! Thank you very much! (Jonis, from Brasil).
Oct 09, 2019, 05:38 PM
Horus and Taranis work the same way. That VBAT warning would apply for PPM or S.Bus.
Use S.Bus as it has lower latency and no jitter as compared to PPM.
I'm surprised you got 3 18650s to fit. I'm using two 21700 5000mAH cells in my T16.
I've thought about 3D printing a case extension and installing 4 in a 2S2P config for even more battery life.
I haven't actually used the T16 with Dragonlink yet as I'm waiting for full OpenTX support with 2.3.2 nightlies in the next couple of weeks. That way I can just copy models over from my X12S.
Oct 09, 2019, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaurin
Guys, which is the best/recommended protocol to use with T16 and dragonlink v3?
I'm using with my brand new T16 and I'm planing to use with Vector Open Telemetry.

PPM? SBUS? Other?
I'm getting a warning (on radio) about SBSU, saying that it will use VBAt voltage is SBUS is selected.....this could be a problem (for dragonlink)? I'm using 3x18650 li-ion cells. I know tha is just a warning, but I would like to avoid damage my DL , that's why I'm asking before try

Tks!

BTW: my DL has arrived fine Mike! Thank you very much! (Jonis, from Brasil).
If I am understanding correctly what you are asking, the DL TX will work just fine on 3S battery power.
Oct 09, 2019, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Horus and Taranis work the same way. That VBAT warning would apply for PPM or S.Bus.
I'm surprised you got 3 18650s to fit. I'm using two 21700 5000mAH cells in my T16.
I've thought about 3D printing a case extension and installing 4 in a 2S2P config for even more battery life.
I haven't actually used the T16 with Dragonlink yet as I'm waiting for full OpenTX support with 2.3.2 nightlies in the next couple of weeks. That way I can just copy models over from my X12S.
Where are you getting the 5000 mah 21700ís. I can only find them in 4000 mah
Oct 09, 2019, 05:46 PM
Quote:
oooppsss...typo error! i meant 2x18650
but i ll go with sbus, since it looks for feature-friendly then old ppm

Enviado de meu SM-G930F usando o Tapatalk
Oct 09, 2019, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrimes1907
Where are you getting the 5000 mah 21700ís. I can only find them in 4000 mah
I have these:
https://liionwholesale.com/products/...12667804450910

They're now listed as clearance items, but still in stock. liionwholesale is 100% trustworthy btw. You'll never get counterfeit cells from them. They also have good prices and bulk discounts.
Oct 09, 2019, 06:11 PM
Quote:
I have these:
https://liionwholesale.com/products/...12667804450910

They're now listed as clearance items, but still in stock. liionwholesale is 100% trustworthy btw. You'll never get counterfeit cells from them. They also have good prices and bulk discounts.
Those are the 50E. They have a lot lower amp output than the 40T.

14.7 max vs. 35 amp continuous.
Oct 09, 2019, 06:14 PM
Exactly, I'm using them in the TX. Capacity matters, current doesn't.
Oct 10, 2019, 07:14 AM
Quote:
I'm curious.....why wait for 2.3.2? The fork from jumper (2.2.3) is working perfectly. Any reason for this? (just curious)
Oct 10, 2019, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaurin
I'm curious.....why wait for 2.3.2? The fork from jumper (2.2.3) is working perfectly. Any reason for this? (just curious)
The model conversion from the X12S to the Jumper is not running yet ...
Oct 10, 2019, 09:54 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrimes1907
If I am understanding correctly what you are asking, the DL TX will work just fine on 3S battery power.
Hi MGrimes,

Yes, you can run the transmitter just fine on 3 S if you like. That way you will have enough power to do those 4 hour flights !!!

Mike
Oct 10, 2019, 09:56 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Hi Noircogi,

Do you like the T16 better than the X12S ??? That is priced so low, I thought it might be pretty cheap quality, switches, sticks, etc.

Mike

Quick Reply