Sep 17, 2019, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryb59
Heading says....
Dragonlinkfirmware8july2019zip-Zp archive,unpacked size 10,089,458 bytes....then It says
Dragonlink usb
Dragonlinkconf
Dragonlinkuser
Rxfirmware
Txfirmware
Double click Dragonlinkconf
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 08:56 PM
welcome to dragonlink screen pops up, now what do I do?
Sep 17, 2019, 08:58 PM
Quote:
welcome to dragonlink screen pops up, now what do I do?
Plug DL receiver into computer. To the right f the word ďHomeĒ at the top will appear a new tab for your RX. Click on that tab.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:05 PM
I am a dummy, didn’t realize that was when you had to plug in the Rx, got it all done, changed channels to 12, and also changed ppm to sbus for channel 7 receiver outputs ,and saved settings,will now rebind and change the proper things in microvector. Thanks for all your help and patience with this old fart who is still learning new tricks .thanks mgrimes!!
Sep 17, 2019, 09:10 PM
Quote:
I am a dummy, didnít realize that was when you had to plug in the Rx, got it all done, changed channels to 12, and also changed ppm to sbus for channel 7 receiver outputs ,and saved settings,will now rebind and change the proper things in microvector. Thanks for all your help and patience with this old fart who is still learning new tricks .thanks mgrimes!!
No problem. Happy to help.

You are going to love DragonLink. Donít forget to do a range test. Do it in an open space, like where you fly.

If you need anything else, just put it on here and someone will help.

Happy Flying,

Michael
Sep 17, 2019, 10:17 PM
Put a bigger motor on it!
Hi I am getting error tones when connected even though everything seems to be fine. I've searched all over for an answer and can't figure out what is going on. I have gone into the GUI and disabled the radio power alarm, but I still hear the alarm, so I'm not sure what this could be. Audio/video shown below, along with a little narrative by me. I'll also recap it here:

Green LED's blink a few time (and sometimes even alternate with a Blue LED (although the blue LED didn't seem to appear when I recorded the video). After a few green blinks, I get pairs of beeps and red LED's. The pattern continues endlessly even though I have 100% RSSI and am able to move control surfaces on my plane.

What is going on, and what do the beeps mean?

I'm connected to a Taranis. I'm running the Jun 2019 Dragonlink firmware.

Also, for all the RC police out there, the video is at night but I'm not flying at night... only testing the link for the purpose of this video. Thanks in advance!

Dragonlink Error Tones (0 min 55 sec)
Last edited by gtfreeflyer; Sep 17, 2019 at 10:24 PM.
Sep 18, 2019, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfreeflyer
Hi I am getting error tones when connected even though everything seems to be fine. I've searched all over for an answer and can't figure out what is going on. I have gone into the GUI and disabled the radio power alarm, but I still hear the alarm, so I'm not sure what this could be. Audio/video shown below, along with a little narrative by me. I'll also recap it here:

Green LED's blink a few time (and sometimes even alternate with a Blue LED (although the blue LED didn't seem to appear when I recorded the video). After a few green blinks, I get pairs of beeps and red LED's. The pattern continues endlessly even though I have 100% RSSI and am able to move control surfaces on my plane.

You should have blue LED’s on all the time. Green means you have signal to the TX but no signal from receiver ( or at least no telemetry).
Bind the receiver to the transmitter again and see if that helps. I know that sounds weird since you can move the control surfaces.

What voltage are you supplying to DL TX.?

What alarms do you have checked in the GUI for the DL TX?

Make sure to turn off battery alarm in DL TX.
Sep 18, 2019, 06:13 AM
Why cannot I not download the firmware from Dragonlink?
I get the following message:
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Sep 18, 2019, 06:41 AM
@Papsi
Thank you
Sep 18, 2019, 08:15 AM
@Sweetieinsf
Is this still the most recent guide for DL and Vector setups?
I used this some time ago for my last DL/Vector setup and it worked great
and have another one on the bench, D63 that will be running the same exact
FC and TX/RX combo.
I do have a "silly" question.
I plan on, since the setups are very similar copying my Z2.5 model in the Taranis
and the Z2.5 config from my other Vector and creating the new D63 bird.
I know I will have to bind the new DL TX to the DL RX but since I am making copies
of everything will I need to setup failsafe in the same manner as before?
I'm just not sure how the DL RX handles multiple TX's is why I ask.
Is it just like any other RX (CrossFire for example)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetieinsf
Follow my instructions in the NEW User Guide found here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=40302168 and attached below. The Vector setup instructions begin on page 52
Sep 18, 2019, 08:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
even though I just recently got my DL TX V3 and Micro DL RX I still need to update the firmware First?
Then open up the GUI so that I can change from PPM to SBUS on my DL RX ? that is all I really wanted to do right now.???
So what are the steps?
Extract files to a folder? for Rx
then extract files to a folder for Tx?
then install?
what about the configuration file? is that the gui ?
sorry but i really don't understand all this?
After I click on the link I see this...then what ?
dragonlinkfirmware8july2019 (2).zip - ZIP archive, unpacked size 10,089,458 bytes
Hi GerryB59,

I did not realize you were using a new system. There is no need for you to update if it shipped in 2019. If you already did, it will not hurt anything either.

Mike
Sep 18, 2019, 08:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfreeflyer

Also, for all the RC police out there, the video is at night but I'm not flying at night... only testing the link for the purpose of this video. Thanks in advance!

https://youtu.be/Nqt9y4kTECg
Hi GTfreeflyer,

You are fined 500 dollars for flying at night, just sent it to me using the " send a payment " option in our store, and we can consider this matter closed

That is the low voltage alarm you are getting, turn your voltage alarm off, but ALSO set the alarm voltage to 5 volts, I have seen a few other reports like this and suspect the alarm is sounding even when the alarm is not checked.

Mike
Sep 18, 2019, 08:42 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytonbakerjr
Why cannot I not download the firmware from Dragonlink?
I get the following message:
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
We are updating our website with new software, thank you for the report of the broken link !!!

Mike
Sep 18, 2019, 08:47 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytonbakerjr
@Sweetieinsf
Is this still the most recent guide for DL and Vector setups?
I used this some time ago for my last DL/Vector setup and it worked great
and have another one on the bench, D63 that will be running the same exact
FC and TX/RX combo.
I do have a "silly" question.
I plan on, since the setups are very similar copying my Z2.5 model in the Taranis
and the Z2.5 config from my other Vector and creating the new D63 bird.
I know I will have to bind the new DL TX to the DL RX but since I am making copies
of everything will I need to setup failsafe in the same manner as before?
I'm just not sure how the DL RX handles multiple TX's is why I ask.
Is it just like any other RX (CrossFire for example)
Hi ClaytonBakerJR,

The failsafe information is stored in the receiver itself, once set, it does not matter which transmitter you use, it will not change. You can use different transmitters as long as they are on the same ID. Also, there is no need to REBIND as you change around TX and RX, if you have set everything up correctly it will just work. If you run into problems, we are always here to help.

Mike

Quick Reply