Aug 13, 2019, 07:25 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskyone
Hey Mike,

I got that yaggi from you and the students and I were discussing as to whether or not to use the omni antenna or switch to the yaggi. After a discussion they unanimously want to stick with the omni whip antenna. Would you be willing to refund me if I send the yaggi back. We have not even opened the box yet.

Thanks Mike,

PK
Hi Paul,

Sure, you can send it back to me. Just note that the Yagi will give you about 4 times the RC and telemetry range, so it may or may not be needed depending on how strong the upper level winds are when you fly. If I was doing a flight like that, I would use it, or at very least have it on a tripod ready to go in case I started to get further than planned and needed it.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2019, 08:09 AM
KD2PBU - Fly No Evil
Mike? Electron?
Aug 13, 2019, 08:40 AM
Flyer of the Lands
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Hi NJFPV,

Ohhh, I did not understand what you were saying about the download link, I will update that.

For the micro receiver there is an easy fix Use the emergency update procedure to load the new firmware onto the micro receiver, and it will work perfectly.

http://www.dragonlinkrc.com/instruct...ncybootloader/

Mike
Perfect, thank you!

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
Aug 13, 2019, 08:46 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbitton
Mike? Electron?
Hi David,

I do not understand what you are asking here, can you clarify ??

Mike
Aug 13, 2019, 12:00 PM
Hi Mike,

Order Number: 201907202144

is still missing. You wanted to send on 2019-08-05.
Aug 13, 2019, 03:18 PM
Also my order:
Order Number: 201905292021

Have you already written several e-mails. Please answer it
Aug 13, 2019, 04:28 PM

Where is the dragonlink updater application that is in the video

I have the firmware download but there isn't any updater application that I can see and am wondering where it is?
Aug 13, 2019, 04:48 PM
Is dragonlink compatible with pitlab
Aug 13, 2019, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoflarj
Is dragonlink compatible with pitlab
Absolutely 100% compatible, I've been using Dragonlink with Pitlab for years. Set your Dragonlink receiver to output S-BUS and you're all set to go.
Aug 13, 2019, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothvirus
Absolutely 100% compatible, I've been using Dragonlink with Pitlab for years. Set your Dragonlink receiver to output S-BUS and you're all set to go.
I'm thinking in terms of GCS, i want to beable to use something like Tower on my android with the dragon links bluetooth
Aug 13, 2019, 07:52 PM
KD2PBU - Fly No Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Hi David,

I do not understand what you are asking here, can you clarify ??

Mike
I'm asking about a new version of the GUI using the Electron cross-platform framework (the Slack desktop app for example) in lieu of .net.
Aug 13, 2019, 08:53 PM
Can anyone vouch for using Pitlab OSD, with pixhawk FC on dragonlink V3?
Aug 14, 2019, 12:57 AM

Dragon link on DX8 DSMX

Good day,

I would like to dip a finger into some long range (well to me) of around 6mi / 10km FPV.

So my background is heli and airplane flying LOS and a bit of quadcopter fpv. This all is now boring and I would like to explore a bit.

So my plan is to use the Opterra 1,2m wing for the platform and I have a Spektrum DX8 dsmx - the silver face version.

I would like to have a setup that can go up to 10km with control and fpv. Also have a gps and a RTH when signal is lost.
Please can you advise if this is possible on my Spektrum radio or not and what are the components I need to get this going?

I would like to say that I dont think I'll ever need to go past 10km but I would definitely want to be able to reach 10km - it is more for a quick surveillance application. I'm from South Africa and this is something I want to use for safety. Sure you have heard of all the farm attacks happening.

Thank you
Aug 14, 2019, 08:29 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by llllllllllllllll
I have the firmware download but there isn't any updater application that I can see and am wondering where it is?
Hi IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

The application is in there with the firmware, it is called DragonLinkConfig.exe Run that program, connect your device, then choose the tab at the top with the name of the device, and choose UPDATE.

Mike
Aug 14, 2019, 08:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbitton
I'm asking about a new version of the GUI using the Electron cross-platform framework (the Slack desktop app for example) in lieu of .net.
Hi David Bitton,

The Dragon Link GUI does not require or even use the internet anymore.

Mike

Quick Reply