Nov 07, 2011, 08:09 PM
Team Basement-RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitcho
finally found your post tracks on whether the DX8 works with dragon link UHF system ... too much info to wade through, and almost no one uses a DX8 with any UHF setup.

Thanks for the info ... (assuming it's still working well??)
Too funny. I was replying to you while you were quoting me. The DragonLink is still running perfectly off the DX8 trainer port. 3 weeks ago I had to force a crash landing 5km away when a headwind came up and I didn't have enough power to get home. I lost video when I dropped below 180 meters. When I found the plane and checked the GoPro video, I realized the plane never went into failsafe. It was still getting signal when it crashed nose first and ejected the battery.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2011, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
We have a lot of flyers in cold areas, for 2 years now. I have never heard of any problems with Dragon Link in the cold. I can not think of anything in the system that should be affected by cold temperatures. The best way to test something like this is to connect your Dragon Link to a battery and only one servo outside of the plane, and see if it works while sitting in the cold for a long time.

Mike
Yeah, I planned on trying that. Was also thinking a connector could be at fault. Not making full contact or contracted when cold.
Nov 07, 2011, 10:07 PM
Hi, anyone hooking up dragon to Rvosd5? The rssi from rx to rvosd is only the signal right? And the PPM out put?
Nov 07, 2011, 10:21 PM
Mike dropped you another PM. Not sure if you did get the last one.

Just let us know either Yes, No, or discuss later.

Tks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
I will look for it now !

Mike
Nov 07, 2011, 10:26 PM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change
Take airbagit13's advice and turn the audio off before playing that video. Very explicit, worst lyrics ever! Man, seriously offensive stuff.
Thanks! I aim to please.
Nov 07, 2011, 10:44 PM
FAA Certified Pilot
Hello Mike

I'm having a problem with my recently purchased Dragon Link. I had it bound to my stock Turnigy 9x in PPM mode for two weekends to do tweaks to Copter Control FC. I went out this past weekend and nothing. Batteries were triple checked and good. I tried bind procedure in the field with no luck. Took it home, used a receiver battery and nothing, tried connecting a servo, nothing. I put radio in bind mode, then connected the Rx for 30, 60, 90 and 120 secs...still nothing. Please help I have a very important project with my department and need my bird flying...Thanks.

I verified my Copter Control is functioning properly as well. I'm also aware of a very high noise floor in my neighborhood and tried binding 10 miles away in the middle of nowhere..still nothing
Nov 07, 2011, 10:56 PM
It's all up from here..
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbagit13
You can use www.hidemyass.com to view it if its blocked in your country
Heh......my anti-virus s/w blocks hidemyass.com.....double whammy!!!

Cuzn
Nov 07, 2011, 11:14 PM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Lol cuzn sending you a PM
Nov 08, 2011, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change
I put a Pixim Seawolf on my 48" wing, it's about 8" from my DL RX. That camera has changed my FPV experience, it's 10 times clearer than my KX171 was... also quite a bit heavier, but worth the weight in gold. It felt like going from SD to HD in picture quality. No probs with DL for me.

where did you buy it ?
Nov 08, 2011, 05:47 AM
Should I add resistor (how many ohms?) to the rssi that goes to RVOSD4 ?
Nov 08, 2011, 07:42 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYBAT
Hello Mike

I'm having a problem with my recently purchased Dragon Link. I had it bound to my stock Turnigy 9x in PPM mode for two weekends to do tweaks to Copter Control FC. I went out this past weekend and nothing. Batteries were triple checked and good. I tried bind procedure in the field with no luck. Took it home, used a receiver battery and nothing, tried connecting a servo, nothing. I put radio in bind mode, then connected the Rx for 30, 60, 90 and 120 secs...still nothing. Please help I have a very important project with my department and need my bird flying...Thanks.

I verified my Copter Control is functioning properly as well. I'm also aware of a very high noise floor in my neighborhood and tried binding 10 miles away in the middle of nowhere..still nothing
Hi Rybat,

That definately sounds like something stopped working. This is rare, but can happen with new electronics sometimes. Just like a new TV, if it is going to quit, it will usually fail while it is new, or last for many years. Send me your full name and address, since it is hard to know weather your TX or RX stopped, I will send you another full system right away so that you can continue with your project.

Mike
Nov 08, 2011, 09:09 AM
Chris R
Received my Dragon link today after being in customs for 3 weeks.

But my order is incomplete and is missing my extra Receiver.
Nov 08, 2011, 09:35 AM
Registered Loser
Does the dragon link receiver drain batteries faster than other receivers do?
I used to get about 15 minutes of flight with a 2200mah battery but after adding the dragon link receiver, 2 small 4 Led strips and switching my 20A ESC with a 45A I am getting about 8-10 minutes.
Nov 08, 2011, 10:23 AM
Focus-Fixers for DJI Goggles
Mike,

Tried sending you my 4th PM but your inbox is full. Ha.. full of my PM's!

Anyway.. here's another try at getting a response from you.

I have a problem getting voltage from the RSSI connector. It doesn't appear that the RSSI pin (based on web site pic) has any voltage on it (just mv < 1V or 0). It certainly doesn't change based on TX on or off. I measured RSSI directly with a voltmeter. Everything else about the receiver appears to be working fine. Ideas?

Thanks
Chris
Nov 08, 2011, 10:50 AM
team n00b - captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracks
Although there have been some posts on here from people who's orders got missed or lost, I have never seen anyone NOT get their stuff. I don't know how many items Mike ships in a month, but he seems to be a very busy guy. Yet he has also taken the time to fix any errors I have seen posted here. For those of us that purchased when the wait was 3 months, we're giggling at your anxiety
heh heh - I'm not too worried about it ... I can wait. I should have read the *whole* email I got from dragonlabs after I ordered (automated reply i think) - it said all units are shipped within 24 hours and take 2-3 days to get to anywhere in the US.

I was more concerned with whether I'd be able to hook it up to my DX8 - it's hard to find recent information that doesn't involve deconstructing my radio and soldering new components - so thanks for taking the time to put that info down where a search can pick it up.

Quick Reply