Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 15, 2019, 10:38 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboMoticChile
Im asking me the same, the FS on the DL was set to no output, and the Pix to detect lower 975 pwm signal...
I dont think can be a bad connection, is just one PPM cable, and as you can see in the pictures, the ch1 keep working until the battery came off.
If you use Sbus the default is for the Pixhawk to use the Sbus failsafe message from the Rx to activate the failsafe. With Sbus it's all automatic. Mission planner shows failsafe so it's easily tested.

to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2019, 11:06 AM
Mike, I sent an email but didn't hear back. Can I get an ETA when order # 201903081804 will ship?

Thanks,

Paul
Mar 15, 2019, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
Not having an Horus, but the DL should connect to the external module bay. I'm willing to bet the moduel bay pins are the same on the Horus as it is on the Taranis and 9X transmitters: https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...8Medium%29.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi
Yes, the X10 is the same as the X12S minus a few features. Connect the Dragonlink to the Module bay. It will automatically be powered on when you select a model which uses it. Use S.Bus (preferred over PPM) between the X10 and the DL transmitter (you have to configure both the Horus "External" interface and the DL transmitter input in S.Bus mode).
Thank you, you have been very kind.
As soon as I can I connect the Horus X10 on the External RF Module Slot and then as it writes "Noircogi" configure X10 and DL in SBUS, if you can do.

Mar 15, 2019, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
If you use Sbus the default is for the Pixhawk to use the Sbus failsafe message from the Rx to activate the failsafe. With Sbus it's all automatic. Mission planner shows failsafe so it's easily tested.

Tridge fixed it so RSSI and other things will work during failsafe, but if you use that mode, you'll have to fully configure failsafe like in my instructions.
https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/5313
Mar 15, 2019, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=Noircogi;41403627]S.Bus input definitely works for 12 channels on the DL transmitter using 9X mode and for more than that in 4X mode as I demonstrated in a video a week or two back.

you may b right.
Last edited by Opalix; Mar 15, 2019 at 01:45 PM.
Mar 15, 2019, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opalix
Hi that other user never went beyond 10 channels.

Its the DL software that is the issue needs to be fixed. For some reason, they did not program in channels 11-12 via S-bus on the Dragon link TX. I verified that the IX12 is sending all 12 channels to the orange and the orange is sending all 12 channels out via S-bus. But theto be perfectly clear the dragon link TX can not see any channels above 10 via s-bus.
Your assertion is false. I posted a video using that for you two weeks ago. I use it for nearly all of my aircraft as well. Many people use that mode. I'm guessing it's something weird in the S.Bus stream coming from the OrangeRX receiver if you're certain the RX transmitter is sending valid data on those channels.

What PWM value do you see on channels 11 and 12 on the input to the DL transmitter and at the output of the DL receiver?

There's really nothing special about channels 11/12, so that's why I think the most likely issue is the channel configuration in your RC transmitter.
https://github.com/uzh-rpg/rpg_quadr.../SBUS-Protocol

A simple way to get those values would be to connect an F4/F7 flight controller of some sort running betaflight to the OrangeRX receiver output, then just look at the values for the channels in the betaflight configurator. If those show up fine, you can connect the flight controller to the output of the DL receiver and test again.

As always, you must re-bind the DL receiver any time you change the input format presented to the DL transmitter in any way.

Edit: I just tested on that system I set up to make the video for you. Channel 11 is working fine there also. That's using 4X mode and 16 channels, with S.Bus between the Taranis and the DL transmitter. I didn't check channel 12 as I don't have it mapped to a pin on the receiver, but I already verified the higher channels for the video.
Last edited by Noircogi; Mar 15, 2019 at 03:07 PM.
Mar 15, 2019, 01:03 PM

Last order

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Hi RoboMoticChile,

I need a few more things to figure this out:

1. Can you post a picture of the drone showing its Dragon Link receiver antenna ???
2. Can you post a log graph of the RSSI ??
3. Do a micro power range test on your Drone and let us know your results.
4. Was your battery damaged, be careful for fire hazard if it got deformed in the crash.

There are some strange things here. A drone should have zero problems with loosing RC signal, it should just fly back to you and land. If I turn off my TX, my drones fly back and land better than I do ALSO: Why would you loose signal on a Dragon Link system, this would have to indicate another problem, so TWO things had to go very wrong for this crash. Are you sure it was not a power failure, etc. etc ???

One thing I do different than you, is that I set up my failsafe using the Dragon Link receiver, so that if signal is lost, the receiver commands RTH to the flight controller. For maximum reliability, you should set up BOTH failsafes, so that for loss of signal, the Dragon Link Receiver sends the RTH command. Flight controller failsafe: If the receiver fails entirely, or becomes disconnected, the flight controller would see lack of input, and go into failsafe. Of course, ALWAYS test failsafes over some soft area

Mike
Hello, I would like to know if you have sent back the item in question, order 201811201462, can I have the new shipping code?
Mar 15, 2019, 03:27 PM

QGround Control Disconnect

Hi Mike, me again....

If I use Mission Maker on my tablet, I can connect to DL and works all day long without a problem, but if I use QGC, at the moment of finish the paramater download, it disconnect from the DL.

I have try it from severals tablets and the result always is the same.

Any idea?

thanks!
Mar 15, 2019, 03:59 PM
What platform? How is it connected to the Dragonlink?

I've been using my own build of QGC on IOS for the last few months. I modified it to save the track for an hour and have never seen a disconnect other than when I turn off the aircraft or radio. QGC on IOS only supports Wifi connections, so I use an ESP8266 connected to the UEXP port of the Dragonlink transmitter to connect.
Mar 15, 2019, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi
Your assertion is false. I posted a video using that for you two weeks ago. I use it for nearly all of my aircraft as well. Many people use that mode. I'm guessing it's something weird in the S.Bus stream coming from the OrangeRX receiver if you're certain the RX transmitter is sending valid data on those channels.

What PWM value do you see on channels 11 and 12 on the input to the DL transmitter and at the output of the DL receiver?

There's really nothing special about channels 11/12, so that's why I think the most likely issue is the channel configuration in your RC transmitter.
https://github.com/uzh-rpg/rpg_quadr.../SBUS-Protocol

A simple way to get those values would be to connect an F4/F7 flight controller of some sort running betaflight to the OrangeRX receiver output, then just look at the values for the channels in the betaflight configurator. If those show up fine, you can connect the flight controller to the output of the DL receiver and test again.

As always, you must re-bind the DL receiver any time you change the input format presented to the DL transmitter in any way.

Edit: I just tested on that system I set up to make the video for you. Channel 11 is working fine there also. That's using 4X mode and 16 channels, with S.Bus between the Taranis and the DL transmitter. I didn't check channel 12 as I don't have it mapped to a pin on the receiver, but I already verified the higher channels for the video.
You were right, I officially fall on my sword. The Spectrum IX12 has 2 ways to loose channels 11-12.
way 1, which is not what happened to me. if you are in 11ms mode.
Way 2 which is what happened, when you import a model from say a DX8, into your IX12 it defaults to DX18 compatability mode on.
In this mode there are no channels above 10 as the remaining 8 channels in the DX18 are half resoltuion cheater channels.
I do not know why this defaults to on when you import your DX8 models but it was the issue.
I recommended to support they rename the DX18 the DX10+ kinda 8 more channels. But they didnt understand the joke.
Mar 15, 2019, 07:40 PM
Great! Glad you got it working.
Mar 15, 2019, 09:20 PM
Any ideas on why I cant get the rotary pot to work as my gain nob with the vector . I can confirm that the rotary pot is working on the dl tx.
The vector says its detecting 14 ch I dont know why 14 and not 12. But it's not seeing the rotary pot on ch12 when I do the wizard. I wonder if the vectors sbus is limited to below 12 channels or less?
Rotary pot not working (4 min 51 sec)
Last edited by Opalix; Mar 15, 2019 at 09:28 PM.
Mar 15, 2019, 10:25 PM
Hey there mike iam just waiting for y refund thanks
Mar 15, 2019, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opalix
Any ideas on why I cant get the rotary pot to work as my gain nob with the vector . I can confirm that the rotary pot is working on the dl tx.
The vector says its detecting 14 ch I dont know why 14 and not 12. But it's not seeing the rotary pot on ch12 when I do the wizard. I wonder if the vectors sbus is limited to below 12 channels or less?
https://youtu.be/reU9vUf6YjM
The vector will detect 14 channels even if you are not outputting that many. I don't have an answer to why your gain knob is not detected, but I suspect it is a setting on your Spektrum. I was a former Spektrum user and invested over $1000 in two of the newer Spektrum black receivers. When I had the DragonLink on the Spektrum, I would experience the same type of issue with my Vectors not detecting a channel, and it was always an erroneous setting or some other incompatible setting on the Spektrum, and it aggravated the crap out of me. I finally ditched the Spektrums and bought a QX7 for $100. Never had any further issues on my Vectors and all channels detected. No issues at all with the DL on the QX7. Not happy about wasting over $1000, but ditching the Spektrums was the best decision I've made in this hobby. All the advice other posters have given about getting a Taranis is valid and will make this hobby more enjoyable for you in the long run. There is so much Taranis support and experience from others it is unlikely you will encounter an issue that someone hasn't already encountered, solved, and posted on youtube.

I'm not ragging on Spektrum as they are good radios, but if you are going to commit to DL like I did, a Taranis is WAAAAAY better. It was a short learning curve to learn the OpenTX protocols, and I probably only learned about 50%, but I'm flying and not problem solving. Also, if you've ever felt a hall effect gimbal, you'll see how stiff the Spektrum gimbals really are.

Final thought, I had also used orangeRx receivers because they were "cost effective", but they are a lower quality DSMX receiver. Do you really want to stake your aircraft, with all the time, effort, and cost to build it, on a lower quality receiver? If you are going to stick with the IX12, get a genuine Spektrum receiver made in the USA. I think you will have fewer issues with a Spektrum receiver. Hope you find the cause of the issue and begin to enjoy flying your plane.
Mar 15, 2019, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gayjuanbarty
The vector will detect 14 channels even if you are not outputting that many. I don't have an answer to why your gain knob is not detected, but I suspect it is a setting on your Spektrum. I was a former Spektrum user and invested over $1000 in two of the newer Spektrum black receivers. When I had the DragonLink on the Spektrum, I would experience the same type of issue with my Vectors not detecting a channel, and it was always an erroneous setting or some other incompatible setting on the Spektrum, and it aggravated the crap out of me. I finally ditched the Spektrums and bought a QX7 for $100. Never had any further issues on my Vectors and all channels detected. No issues at all with the DL on the QX7. Not happy about wasting over $1000, but ditching the Spektrums was the best decision I've made in this hobby. All the advice other posters have given about getting a Taranis is valid and will make this hobby more enjoyable for you in the long run. There is so much Taranis support and experience from others it is unlikely you will encounter an issue that someone hasn't already encountered, solved, and posted on youtube.

I'm not ragging on Spektrum as they are good radios, but if you are going to commit to DL like I did, a Taranis is WAAAAAY better. It was a short learning curve to learn the OpenTX protocols, and I probably only learned about 50%, but I'm flying and not problem solving. Also, if you've ever felt a hall effect gimbal, you'll see how stiff the Spektrum gimbals really are.

Final thought, I had also used orangeRx receivers because they were "cost effective", but they are a lower quality DSMX receiver. Do you really want to stake your aircraft, with all the time, effort, and cost to build it, on a lower quality receiver? If you are going to stick with the IX12, get a genuine Spektrum receiver made in the USA. I think you will have fewer issues with a Spektrum receiver. Hope you find the cause of the issue and begin to enjoy flying your plane.
Spectrum does not support s-bus out so the Orange is the best option for repeater. Eventially I will get something like a qx7.

If no one knows why the DL TX rotary pot can get detected on the Vector via channel 12, I will try re assining the rotary pot to a lower different channel and switch with reverse thrust or retracts channels.

Quick Reply