Feb 12, 2019, 12:47 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montville
I have a similar question. Would totally placing the ground section of the antenna inside a fibreglass rod cause any range issues?
Hi Montville,

Fiberglass is no problem at all ! It has no impact on the signal or performance. Just make sure to not mistake fiberglass and carbon fiber, which has HUGE impacts on RF.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2019, 02:03 AM
I bought 4 nano osd from dragonlink I send one back for repair never returned now two more are overheating and with screen issues a lot of horizontal stripes over the image pretty disappointed mike. Donít bother to send me back the other one.
Feb 12, 2019, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
If you are going to use ANY servo outputs, or converter, you are much better to just use the New Micro Receiver. The new Micro Receiver is smaller, lighter, much less complicated, and gives you a LOT more options than using a Nano Receiver + Converter.

Mike
When are these receivers available? In the shop is only not shown in stock ...
Feb 12, 2019, 08:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target0815
When are these receivers available? In the shop is only not shown in stock ...
Hi Target0815,

Are you building another plane The new receivers are awesome, you will really like them ! We will have as many as you could ever need in a week or two.

Mike
Feb 12, 2019, 10:57 AM
s'like freakin' NASA in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
If you are going to use ANY servo outputs, or converter, you are much better to just use the New Micro Receiver. The new Micro Receiver is smaller, lighter, much less complicated, and gives you a LOT more options than using a Nano Receiver + Converter.

Mike
I need the large one because of telemetry. That's why I bought it last year.
Feb 12, 2019, 11:18 AM

Replacement Micro Rx!

Mike,

Based on your last post regarding the replacement of the faulty Micro Rx, you said it would be shipped Monday 02-04-19 along with the replacement Tx antenna and a UEXP cable. As of today I have not received the items or even an email showing they have been shipped!

Please help! I only want what I paid for. I will be happy to pay for the UEXP cable if you like but please send the items as it has been a month now!

Thank you in advance.

Greg in Austin
Feb 12, 2019, 02:28 PM
KD2PBU - Fly No Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmel
I like the idea of the converter, but I use sbus.
BTW, you can always use a Betaflight flight controller as an SBUS to PWM converter by setting the FC PWM outputs as RC passthrough.
Feb 12, 2019, 02:32 PM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbitton
BTW, you can always use a Betaflight flight controller as an SBUS to PWM converter by setting the FC PWM outputs as RC passthrough.
Converters cause lots of lag. I tried it many years ago when I was flying a V2 system and I could really feel the difference.

PWM is very slow that's why no one uses it anymore.

Feb 12, 2019, 03:21 PM
s'like freakin' NASA in there.
For now I'm just going to keep the large Rx in the fuselage, and connect and disconnect antenna as needed.

Much easier... I am going to use 15 pin dsub connections for the wing and tail servos.

I also plan to get some thumbscrews for the wings and tail section to make it fast and easy to assemble...
Feb 12, 2019, 03:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregin Austin
Mike,

Based on your last post regarding the replacement of the faulty Micro Rx, you said it would be shipped Monday 02-04-19 along with the replacement Tx antenna and a UEXP cable. As of today I have not received the items or even an email showing they have been shipped!

Please help! I only want what I paid for. I will be happy to pay for the UEXP cable if you like but please send the items as it has been a month now!

Thank you in advance.

Greg in Austin
Hi Greg In Austin,

Thank you for the reminder ! Your receiver went out in the mail today and should arrive before the weekend.

Mike
Feb 12, 2019, 07:27 PM
Hi Mike,

Have been doing some programing lately, and I ran into an interesting situation:

I am encoding PPM to SBUS then send it to DL TX, and then receive it from DL RX (using SBUS inverted output), and here is the detail:

The SBUS value for all channels seems to increase by about 8-10 and also it seems that the LSB is not used, so that it seems that DL transmits the 10 MSB bits, cutting off the LSB.

I would like to confirm whether this correct.
Feb 12, 2019, 07:30 PM
For instance, I am sending the following values for channels 8 though 15 simulataneously and I receive:
SBUS out -> SBUS in
252 -> 260
253 -> 262
254 -> 262
255 -> 264
256 -> 265
257 -> 267
258 -> 267

I have checked the decoding/encoding routines, I also wrote directly into SBUSpackets; it always seems to increase the value and it is also off by a 1 bit, but without a clear pattern (i.e. there seems to be a +- 1 random variation, not just cutting off or rounding.

My preliminary conclusion would be that DL TX-DL RX link seems not digital, but analogue?! Or there is some internal decoding/encoding in DL the ?

Now, if that would be the case, i.e. that RC link is analogue, there would be the second big question:

Is there a difference in range between RC channels and Modem? I.e. is the range for both modem and RC channels the same, or one can expect the modem to cut out earlier than RC, and if so by how much?
Last edited by chileflora; Feb 12, 2019 at 08:28 PM.
Feb 12, 2019, 08:26 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chileflora
My preliminary conclusion would be that DL TX-DL RX link seems not digital, but analogue?! Or there is some internal decoding/encoding in DL the ?
Hi Chile Flora,

Do not open the Dragon Link transmitter, or you will find the minature Vacuum Tubes in there We just took the old analogue 72 MHZ RC transmission system, and copied it exactly

To answer your question seriously, there is absolutely ZERO analogue in the Dragon Link transmission. I do find o your results interesting, and will ask Dennis to take a look at your post. He is the one that would have the answers for this. One question, is this creating a problem in any way ???

Mike
Feb 12, 2019, 08:46 PM
Thank you. I am still very baffled by this, because I planned to use LSB bits of SBUS for injecting more data. The program is the ground-based
Last edited by chileflora; Feb 12, 2019 at 10:12 PM.
Feb 12, 2019, 10:07 PM
Just to confirm, can you run the V2 transmitter on a 3S battery? If I remember right it will work on a 2S through 4S battery.

Quick Reply