Jan 11, 2019, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnavigator86
JETTPILOT PLEASE, Hello Mr Michael Bigelow, I placed an order in November 2018, order number 201811201462 , but for some strange reason I have not yet arrived, can you give me news about my Order?
Thanks
Hi Alex,

You are correct, it has been far to long to arrive, I will send you another one right away.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2019, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmertom
Updating my DL hardware with the latest firmware. I have a newer Micro RX, the one with only one white connector at the bottom, and 8 output pins.. The DL software reports the device as a "advanced RX" with 12 output pins. I have re-flashed the firmware and reset the factory defaults and still get the same "advanced RX" reporting. The firmware is version 3.302. There is no input to assign what type of RX it is, like my older micro RX.

What to do?
Thanks
Hi Farmer Tom,

Just use it like always, it will work perfectly. Just make sure you pass the Micro Power range test as always with any new installation.

Mike
Jan 11, 2019, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW
Ok, tried it. Installed the firmware you released today (it was labeled exactly like the December 25th version).

Installed on both Tx and Rx, reset to factory defaults and reconfigured both as per Noircogi's post #75270.

Still locks up my Mission Planner.

I want to fly this weekend so I tried to put it back the February 18th firmware but I was unable to get that to work - even with the February 18 GUI. I suppose once the hardware sees the newest release it can never go back.

Is there a way to put it back the February 18th firmware? I never had a problem with that version and the same Mission Planner release and PC.

Now I'm grounded.

Thanks for any ideas,

Paul
Hi Paul,

1. If your mission planner locks up, that is a MISSION PLANNER SOFTWARE BUG, not a Dragon Link issue. If telemetry stops, that is a different story with different solutions, but I can only go by what you report.

2. Reports on the new firmware have been great, a lot of people are now using it, and it is a HUGE IMPROVEMENT in telemetry performance. You simply need to get the correct settings for your equipment. My guess is that you left your Mission planner setting to 19,200 baud, or some similar small mistake.

3. There is absolutely no way downgrading firmware is going to improve anything for you, or work better in any way. Downgrading firmware only reduces features and brings old bugs back to life.

4. We did not do anything to prevent downgrading to old firmware, you can do it if you use the correct GUI and choose the correct file. I will give everyone all the information, and warnings they need about using older firmware, sometimes in a direct manner so that there everyone understands. BUT, we will not force anyone, you guys can use whichever one you like

Mike
Jan 12, 2019, 02:42 AM
Has/does anyone run Dragonlink on FrSky Horus X12S ?

I wondering if the marrying of these two is as simple, and if the telemetry is as compatible between these two platforms, and overall is as capable as, a D/L with X9D plus SE ?

As I'd like to try a switch to the Horus.

Cheers,

V
Last edited by SLR FPV; Jan 12, 2019 at 02:56 AM.
Jan 12, 2019, 02:47 AM
Yes, Horus works just like Taranis. I've been using it with DL since the Horus beta.
Jan 12, 2019, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi
Yes, Horus works just like Taranis. I've been using it with DL since the Horus beta.
Thankyou.
Jan 12, 2019, 04:40 AM
ARACE UAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target0815
You said that everything works via USB. Then it would also be appropriate if you explain and show all this in detail.

It doesn't have to be an Apple device either, take an Android tablet.
I was working with Dennis (and Noircogi) on the improved serial link in the last quarter. Before the firmware was release in December. As in beta testing.

I used USB explicitly.
I never had a connection problem.
I only used it on PC.
Latest blog entry: longrangeFPV.com
Jan 12, 2019, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Target0815,

We have had customers use USB telemetry very successfully with no reported problems or difficulties. It is you claim that there is a problem with this, you should have the common courtesy to explain what it is....

The fact that you just give a nasty answer with absolutely no information tells me you are more interested than bashing and confrontation than actually helping anyone here.

Mike
Mike,

You claimed that a USB connection DL TX to a tablet works. I said that this doesn't work on iOS and Android devices with QGroundControl installed, for example, and tested it before I made that claim.

I realize that you don't like reading this, but your tip to try the USB connection would just leave the customer without a solution. I can't offer a solution either, because it doesn't work for me. But if you already have a lot of positive feedback from customers, you can surely explain very easily how it works. And that's exactly what I asked you to do.

+++

You can also just test it yourself. I did it this way:

DL MicroRX with DL GPS module, power supply, no other connection
DL TX USB output configured as Dragonlink Mavlink, TX connected to Taranis X9D

USB Connection to:
- Tablet with Windows 10, Mission Planner or QGroundControl, this works
- Tablet with Android 8.x, QGroundControl, no Connection, no work
- Tablet with iOS (iPad), QGroundControl, no Connection, no work

I wish you'd try that yourself. I have the feeling that you are avoiding telemetry things. That would also be ok, but then please don't claim that everything works:

Quote:
You can display Telemetry Data, Moving Map, and flight information from your Dragon Link V3 Advanced on any Android Phone, Tablet, or Windows computer. There are TWO methods you can connect your Dragon Link transmitter to your display device. The easiest and most popular way is to use the built in Bluetooth in the Dragon Link Transmitter. You can also connect using any standard USB cable connected to the bottom of the Dragon Link Transmitter if you like.
Source: http://www.dragonlinkrc.com/instruct...emetryoptions/

This is not completely correct with the current firmware.
Last edited by Target0815; Jan 12, 2019 at 07:30 AM.
Jan 12, 2019, 06:35 AM
RC Hobby Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLR FPV
Has/does anyone run Dragonlink on FrSky Horus X12S ?

I wondering if the marrying of these two is as simple, and if the telemetry is as compatible between these two platforms, and overall is as capable as, a D/L with X9D plus SE ?

As I'd like to try a switch to the Horus.

Cheers,

V
It should work exactly the same like the X9D+

Happy flying!
Jan 12, 2019, 07:36 AM
Build more, websurf less
Quote:
Hi Paul,

1. If your mission planner locks up, that is a MISSION PLANNER SOFTWARE BUG, not a Dragon Link issue. If telemetry stops, that is a different story with different solutions, but I can only go by what you report.

2. Reports on the new firmware have been great, a lot of people are now using it, and it is a HUGE IMPROVEMENT in telemetry performance. You simply need to get the correct settings for your equipment. My guess is that you left your Mission planner setting to 19,200 baud, or some similar small mistake.

3. There is absolutely no way downgrading firmware is going to improve anything for you, or work better in any way. Downgrading firmware only reduces features and brings old bugs back to life.

4. We did not do anything to prevent downgrading to old firmware, you can do it if you use the correct GUI and choose the correct file. I will give everyone all the information, and warnings they need about using older firmware, sometimes in a direct manner so that there everyone understands. BUT, we will not force anyone, you guys can use whichever one you like

Mike
I stayed with the latest release and reloaded the "newer 25December2018" firmware again and factory defaulted the Tx and NanoRx. Configured both following Noircogi's specifications again. Made sure I had the Tx RF set to 9x, the NanoRx set to 38,400, and the Pixracer's serial port set to 38. The binded the Tx and Rx.

Then after a power cycle of both, turned everything on, verified that the PC's bluetooth was paired with the Tx, opened Mission Planner, and then made the connection to the Pixracer.

The parameters load right up to the very end and then freeze. Then Mission Planner locks up; I have to use the task manager to extinguish MP or sometimes have to reboot the PC to continue. Screenshot below.

Also tried an older release (1.3.57) of MP and had the same lock-ups.

Just thought of this: Is it possible that I do not have the latest release? The files in the current download from the DL have exactly the same names as the 25December2018 release.
Last edited by FlyingW; Jan 12, 2019 at 09:57 AM.
Jan 12, 2019, 08:35 AM
Quote:
I stayed with the latest release and reloaded the "newer 25December2018" firmware again and factory defaulted the Tx and NanoRx. Configured both following Noircogi's specifications again. Made sure I had the Tx RF set to 9x, the NanoRx set to 38,400, and the Pixracer's serial port set to 38. The binded the Tx and Rx.

Then after a power cycle of both, turned everything on, verified that the PC's bluetooth was paired with the Tx, opened Mission Planner, and then made the connection to the Pixracer.

The parameters load right up to the very end and then freeze. Then Mission Planner locks up; I have to use the task manager to extinguish MP or sometimes have to reboot the PC to continue. Screenshot below.
You'll make it easier for yourself if you let the Bluetooth experiments be. That just doesn't work stable at the moment. Take an ESP8266 and connect via WiFi. This works simply & well.
Jan 12, 2019, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target0815
Mike,

You claimed that a USB connection DL TX to a tablet works. I said that this doesn't work on iOS and Android devices with QGroundControl installed, for example, and tested it before I made that claim.

I dont have knowledge of how QGC works with iOS systems, however

Since you are having issues with QGC via USB on Android, can you say which FC using Ardupilot you are using?....

You are aware, I hope, that any non PX4,Pixhawk, or Pixracer FC will not connect to QGC via USB in Android? this is because ChiBios based firmware for other controllers do not have a USB descriptor that QGC will recognize....QGC on PC will work since its only interested in COM port, not USB descriptors .....this is because Android does not refer to USB devices by device class (ie COM port or UVC,etc.) but by device descriptor, to allow apps to be tied to unique USB devices....something similar may be happening in iOS, I dont know...

The only way to make QGC work over USB in Android for the newer Chibios based AP FC's is to custom compile the firmware with a USB descriptor that "spoofs" itself as one of the classic AP FCs (which is what I do to get them to work with QGC over USB on my phone).....an issue that has been raised with QGC devs and they ignore, and have even told me "fix it yourself" , at which point I dropped the issue
Last edited by Atx_Heli; Jan 12, 2019 at 09:02 AM.
Jan 12, 2019, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli
You are aware, I hope, that any non PX4,Pixhawk, or Pixracer FC will not connect to QGC via USB in Android?
Yes.

If you read above what I wrote, you will see that I did not use any FC, only the minimal components of DragonLink for telemetry. And I actually assume that if someone programs "Dragonlink Mavlink" or makes this setting available in the setup, it will work. At least that's what it says on DL's website and Mike always writes that there's no problem ... which it is.

I myself have little interest in the USB connection. I only got into the topic because Mike recommended it to another user. I said that it doesn't work and he feels stepped on his toe. Well, what can I say ... he does the advertising, not me.
Jan 12, 2019, 11:12 AM
My planes plow into the field
Quote:
Hi Farmer Tom,
Just use it like always, it will work perfectly. Just make sure you pass the Micro Power range test as always with any new installation.
Mike
There is no analog RSSI setting available for this micro RX ... Channel 8 shows no selection initially. In the drop down there is no analog RSSI option available, like my older micro RX.

I am not sure I can trust this micro RX.

Why are my two micro RXs different?

I would like to hear from Dennis or a more technical explanation of the differences.

thanks
Jan 12, 2019, 12:22 PM
Just another user
Quote:

Also tried an older release (1.3.57) of MP and had the same lock-ups.

Just thought of this: Is it possible that I do not have the latest release? The files in the current download from the DL have exactly the same names as the 25December2018 release.
It's strange, it works in my end but others has reported the same issue. I will try with the Pixracer too and see if there's any difference (normally testing with PixHawk)
Would you mind trying Qgroundcontrol or similar and see if that makes any difference?

Quick Reply