May 31, 2012, 07:45 AM
DRAGON LINK STOCK

Everyone is asking about stock and availability of Dragon Links... Now that Version 2 is fully tested and in full production, very soon stock will NOT be an issue any more. I have 1,000,000 parts comming in this week, as well as more production capability comming on line !!!

The first batch of the new version 2 system was quite small, we did this just to make sure there were no problems anywhere, and to make sure there were no changes needed. The firs batch turned out perfect. So the next batches will be HUGE and you guys will be able to buy as many Dragon Link systems as you want

And of course, all Draogn Links will be shipped within 24 hours of purchase

Mike
Last edited by JettPilot; May 31, 2012 at 07:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Chip
Southern - what is it exactly that you want / why are you posting here?
He/she wishes to buy your product and get a straight answer on availability, not more hype. It's amazing that there are dozens of pages of this very nature and you guys haven't figured this out yet.
Answer honestly and then back it up with action.
Be accountable.
May 31, 2012, 08:17 AM
Awesome Mike. Thanks for the update. Can't wait to order one.
May 31, 2012, 08:43 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koby
Have you learned nothing from Jett, Blue, Vantastic and the other fan boyz?
Availability and ACCOUNTABILITY to customer base isn't important here.

What is important is that you keep checking back daily and when it IS finally available, you'll have the best LRS on the market.
Actually I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say. I have no stake in Dragon stuff...not an employee, not a contractor, not a paid representative, etc, etc, etc. I am just a user of Dragon Labs products and have been very satisfied with them. I can't give answers on availability, status, etc. 'cause I have no control over that (see previous). I try to provide help with what I can from what I've learned, read, experienced. I've NEVER meet or personally talked to any of the Dragon Labs guys...other than e-mail/pm/forums (Mike's in Florida, Daniel's in Singapore, John's in Canada, and I'm in Las Vegas...not very close to any of them). And, YES, that is me in my Avatar...from ~15+ years back. Am I happy with my DL and DOSD? You betcha.

Dragon Labs has, essentially, always been a small business....for DL, Mike's been the chef, cook, bottle washer, waiter, cashier, bus boy, parking lot attendent, grocery store runner, etc, etc, etc. How that he's added more people to the mix I'm sure things will improve...'course then what would folks have to complain about? 'Hey, I just ordered my DL today and it was on my door step after work. What' s up with that. My wife found out about me spending money on my hobby and now I'm in big trouble....can't you schedule delivery for only the hours I'm home and my wife isn't???'
May 31, 2012, 08:55 AM
Ikaruswannab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
Actually I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say. I have no stake in Dragon stuff...not an employee, not a contractor, not a paid representative, etc, etc, etc. I am just a user of Dragon Labs products and have been very satisfied with them. I can't give answers on availability, status, etc. 'cause I have no control over that (see previous). I try to provide help with what I can from what I've learned, read, experienced. I've NEVER meet or personally talked to any of the Dragon Labs guys...other than e-mail/pm/forums (Mike's in Florida, Daniel's in Singapore, John's in Canada, and I'm in Las Vegas...not very close to any of them). And, YES, that is me in my Avatar...from ~15+ years back. Am I happy with my DL and DOSD? You betcha.

Dragon Labs has, essentially, always been a small business....for DL, Mike's been the chef, cook, bottle washer, waiter, cashier, bus boy, parking lot attendent, grocery store runner, etc, etc, etc. How that he's added more people to the mix I'm sure things will improve...'course then what would folks have to complain about? 'Hey, I just ordered my DL today and it was on my door step after work. What' s up with that. My wife found out about me spending money on my hobby and now I'm in big trouble....can't you schedule delivery for only the hours I'm home and my wife isn't???'

Still you have to admit that your quick answers that always try to justify DL acts and reassure anyone complaining, raise reasonable doubt about your motives.
I am also a happy user of DL but can't be thrilled about the way DL is treating customers (regarding e-mails, pm's and communication in general).

P.S
What is all that fuzz about wifes founding out e.t.c
May 31, 2012, 09:15 AM
Mums the word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
'Hey, I just ordered my DL today and it was on my door step after work. What' s up with that. My wife found out about me spending money on my hobby and now I'm in big trouble....can't you schedule delivery for only the hours I'm home and my wife isn't???'
Wouldn't that be sweet. I also try and plan my orders with the days I'm off to intercept my package.
May 31, 2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmerly
I've got an old JR 10x Air transmitter and was wondering if it worked with the dragonlink system? If so, is it simply plug and play or will something else be needed in order to get the DL transmitter to connect to the JR 10x?
The 10x is plug and play if it says PPM on the front. Just remove the tx module and plug the DL wires on to the pins you will see after removing the module. Check the web site for pin layout
May 31, 2012, 09:27 AM
FPV FTW!!
I have been on this forum for a bit now too, and I can tell you that Vantasstic is not an employee of Dragon Labs, or in any way paid for his support of Dragon Labs. I think we can all agree that DL has room for improvement. They have a top of the line product so the demand is through the roof, what can you expect? Maybe things took off faster than Mike expected, who knows. From what I can tell, Mike is taking steps to improve the company, but things like that take time, and don't happen over night.

I do think the best suggestion I've heard so far was from Robin4 about making the website to show stock levels and maybe putting a purchase limit in effect when stock is low. At least until Mike gets back into his stride.

Consider this, I ordered my DL after the new firmware came out for V1 and it was to my door within 3 days here in the states. Awesome. I was lurking this thread for months before that though, and people were still complaining about dumb stuff. Its not shipping fast enough, Mike didn't send my DL, Mike took my money etc etc. But then a week later their package would finally be released from customs and they would be happy. DL has been nothing but good to me. Sure, I've experienced wait times in getting tech support on it too, but its all worth it in the end. Especially when I fried my DOSD and John JMSTech replaced it and my current sensor at no charge even though it was my own boneheaded move that did it! So because of all the great service DL has brought me, I feel that me spending time on this thread and helping out when I can is a great way to give back to the growing FPV community, and really the least I can do to show my thanks to people as dedicated as Mike. He takes a huge beating everyday, but still somehow wakes up the next morning and runs the gauntlet again. Props dude.

Bottom line, people will always find something to complain about, so for those of us who are dedicated to this product and thread (ie fan boyz or whatever) I guess we can just watch the "instant gratification / I need it now" generation come in and raise a stink about wait times and customer service shortfalls and then move on. By the way, I'm 26, so I fall into the age range of that generation, although I refuse to participate in that mentality. Then we will laugh because if you don't have any patience to wait for the best LRS, how in the world will you have enough patience to set up an RTH system, or find the correct antenna setup, or rebuild your plane when it smashes into a thousand pieces?
May 31, 2012, 09:38 AM
Honey Badger
I don't think that people understand the nature of Vantasstic and I's involvement. We volunteer. We aren't paid employees. We are a couple of guys that are trying to assist a small business owner though some difficult times.

Rather than send emails / pm's / messages and have them ignored - not becasue of mal-intent - rather due to the fact that the business owner is busy doing literally everything else - Vantasstic and I try to help out as best we can - by either responding or getting it in front of the only person that can answer.

If that makes any of us "fan boys" as it was so elequently put above - then so be it. I am happy not to answer your emails, pm's, etc. if you don't want the help - or for me to even try.
May 31, 2012, 09:45 AM
Talking about positive experience with Dragon Labs, a few months ago I send my burned DL Rx to Mike to fix it. After another few days he send me just new one. When I mail him to ask how much I owe him for the service and shipping, he did not even answer me! How rude
May 31, 2012, 09:59 AM
The Toy Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by man2000me
Wouldn't that be sweet. I also try and plan my orders with the days I'm off to intercept my package.
LOL.. I used to do that but have now created a "conspiracy" by sending stuff to single neighbor friends.. It's either that or everything costs me double... in new shoes, dresses, etc.. I prefer to buy those as gifts...
May 31, 2012, 10:07 AM
FPV FTW!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisk151
LOL.. I used to do that but have now created a "conspiracy" by sending stuff to single neighbor friends.. It's either that or everything costs me double... in new shoes, dresses, etc.. I prefer to buy those as gifts...
Haha thats hilarious. So your work bench just keeps mysteriously accumulating more stuff with no real explanation as to when or how it got there. Lol epic. Maybe we should have everyone list a technique or two they use to get their FPV gear into their house without their wife (or in Vans case, the wife creature) raising an issue
May 31, 2012, 10:14 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
I even snuck in a new car once. it was the same color and basic shape. old car WRX new car WRX STI. With all the RC Plane stuff and racing car parts, I think she has given up. The basement is full of RC stuff and the 3 car garage is full of racing car parts.
May 31, 2012, 10:17 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Well I agree that Blue and Van are fan boys ! To be willing to help voluntarily for a product with nothing out of it else of knowing you're helping people you must be ! So what ? It proves the product is good and has its followers.

So its repeated here quite often, every 10 pages, that there are sometimes communications problems, that Mike is overwhelmed, that the website is vague and some improvements to these would help.

So I propose this: Let's take 2 or 3 pages of this tread and all those who have an idea or suggestion that will help communication/selling/support/shipping post it. Then Mike may chose some to implement in his buisiness. The DL community will say how it wants to be served by Dragonlabs.

If Mike says its a good proposition, we could just wait for Blue or Mike to say Go ! and post our suggestions.
May 31, 2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teopbako
Still you have to admit that your quick answers that always try to justify DL acts and reassure anyone complaining, raise reasonable doubt about your motives.
This.

My comments weren't about impatience.
My comments were about misleading the customers and then those comments being backed up/excused by the volunteers.
The empty promises from Mike and product availability hype borders on the insane. It undermines the trust in the business as a whole and insults the customer.
We are back to that word, accountability.