Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 05, 2018, 08:05 PM
Master of Disaster!
Mike, any interest in my Horus X12S? For you I'll negotiate on the price - a BIT!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...s#post40431231
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2018, 09:12 PM
AutoPilot .
Is it possible to use the Dl v3 TX without ppm input? As a serial modem only

Or fake a ppm input in some ways, I don't need the transmitter in some application, just the Dl v3 connected to mission planner is possible?
Dec 05, 2018, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Hi RoboMoticChile,

I am really glad you found a way to make it work, your customer will love having the unbreakable, long range RC link, and added capabilities it provides. The Dragon Link will pay for itself many times over in the first crash it prevents.

Mike
Thanks Mike!

....and as everyone, we are waiting the new update!

Cherrrssss
Dec 06, 2018, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpina
Is it possible to use the Dl v3 TX without ppm input? As a serial modem only

Or fake a ppm input in some ways, I don't need the transmitter in some application, just the Dl v3 connected to mission planner is possible?
Hi Vulpina,

Why would you want to use no PPM input ??? I know you like automatic flight, BUT, having the option to take control manually is a huge benefit and safety factor, and increases capabilities. Why go to such trouble to intentionally make your system limited, and less capable ???

That being said, you could us any kind of tiny PPM generator to fake a PPM signal to the input, servo tester, SBUS to PPM converter might have the capability for failsafe positions when SBUS is not detected, there are a number of things you could try that would work just fine.

Mike
Dec 06, 2018, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetieinsf
Mike, any interest in my Horus X12S? For you I'll negotiate on the price - a BIT!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...s#post40431231
Hi SweetieInSanFrancisco,

I thought I would just wait for you to leave it in your car one day

I do appreciate the offer, I am just not looking to buy anything right now, as I am working non stop and it would just sit on the shelf. I am also looking hard at the X-10 which is a smaller form factor. Given how busy we are, it will be quite a while before I am ready to purchase an RC transmitter.

Mike
Dec 06, 2018, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboMoticChile
Thanks Mike!

....and as everyone, we are waiting the new update!

Cherrrssss
Hola RoboMoticChile,

Check back often, we have been testing the new firmware, and it is coming along nicely. I expect it will not be to long before release. I am glad you got everything working, and are able to deliver to your customer, they will ABSOLUTELY LOVE that setup

Mike
Dec 06, 2018, 12:03 PM
AutoPilot .
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Hi Vulpina,

Why would you want to use no PPM input ??? I know you like automatic flight, BUT, having the option to take control manually is a huge benefit and safety factor, and increases capabilities. Why go to such trouble to intentionally make your system limited, and less capable ???

That being said, you could us any kind of tiny PPM generator to fake a PPM signal to the input, servo tester, SBUS to PPM converter might have the capability for failsafe positions when SBUS is not detected, there are a number of things you could try that would work just fine.

Mike
Thx for the fake ppm suggestion Mike ,
I just would like to keep my Transmitter at home for some flight ,(full auto small flight with picture and land ) and your software is full of feature , it could have one more "no tx" or "no input" like the "no rx" option from the ardupilot series
Dec 06, 2018, 01:43 PM

Can we switch between Tranis's pot and DL's headtracker input with a switch?

Hi all,
I want to connect my headtracker (for pan and tilt running on ch5 and 6) to Input 2 of dragonlink Transmitter(because i want to power my headtracker from the Dragonlink).I changed ch5 and ch6 to input2 on the GUI and it works.

Now i am wondering if its possible to switch between headtracker and my Tranis QX7's pot to control my pan and tilt on the go with a flip of a switch?Thanks.
Dec 06, 2018, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_zx11
Hi all,
I want to connect my headtracker (for pan and tilt running on ch5 and 6) to Input 2 of dragonlink Transmitter(because i want to power my headtracker from the Dragonlink).I changed ch5 and ch6 to input2 on the GUI and it works.

Now i am wondering if its possible to switch between headtracker and my Tranis QX7's pot to control my pan and tilt on the go with a flip of a switch?Thanks.
For that, you should connect the head tracker to the trainer input on the Taranis. I posted screen-shot of OpenTX Companion showing exactly that about two pages back in this thread. I honestly almost never use the head tracker and use the sliders on the radio instead nearly all of the time.
Dec 06, 2018, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi
For that, you should connect the head tracker to the trainer input on the Taranis. I posted screen-shot of OpenTX Companion showing exactly that about two pages back in this thread. I honestly almost never use the head tracker and use the sliders on the radio instead nearly all of the time.
Thanks Noircogi.
I was trying to avoid using trainer port because of missing +ve power on trainer port. But if there is no other way then i probabably i will replace the mono port with stereo and connect +ve to the 3rd pin to power my headtracker.
Dec 06, 2018, 03:25 PM
Hmm, my head tracker is powered from the goggles.
Dec 06, 2018, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi
Hmm, my head tracker is powered from the goggles.
Yes that's a good idea too.I am using Headplay HD goggles.I might splice my power cable on my Headplay as headtrackers'd arduino should be good upto 12v.Thanks.
Dec 06, 2018, 04:51 PM
Maker of things
Quote:
Thx for the fake ppm suggestion Mike ,
I just would like to keep my Transmitter at home for some flight ,(full auto small flight with picture and land ) and your software is full of feature , it could have one more "no tx" or "no input" like the "no rx" option from the ardupilot series
vulpina

You can 'fake' a ppm output that does nothing by setting each of the channels on the PPM stream to a channel you aren't using eg. set them all to channel 12. Then just make sure your failsafe is set so that channel doesn't move. Depending on your flight controller you might need to use another channel that stays at minimum position for throttle purposes.

I haven't got the gear with me to double check but I am fairly sure it will allow you to do that
Dec 07, 2018, 12:26 PM
AutoPilot .
Mike on another helping post you said :

2. Make sure the antenna on the RC transmitter is not raised vertical, or parralel to the Dragon Link Transmitter antenna.

But i tought Tx atenna must be straight vertical , and RX same ?||
Dec 07, 2018, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Mike on another helping post you said :

2. Make sure the antenna on the RC transmitter is not raised vertical, or parralel to the Dragon Link Transmitter antenna.

But i tought Tx atenna must be straight vertical , and RX same ?||
Hi Vulpina,

It is good to see you guys reading what I post

You misunderstand me in that line you quoted, I can see how it may be a bit confusing, so let me try to explain better. I am saying " IN THE CASE OF RF INTERFERENCE GETTING INTO THE RC TRANSMITTER ", make sure the RC transmitter antenna is not vertical, or parallel to the Dragon Link antenna. I was taking about the RC transmitter and Dragon Link Transmitter antenna in RELATION TO EACH OTHER. In other words, fold the RC transmitters antenna down horizontal if it is the type that has a hinge on it, and leave the Dragon Link antenna vertical, this will reduce signal transfer between the two.

You are correct, for maximum performance, the Dragon Link transmitter and Dragon Link receiver antenna should both be vertical. The weak spots are on the ends of the antennas.

Mike

Quick Reply